Bills defense is overrated.

tuckan

23 minutes ago, Augie said:

Maybe not always, but usually. What kind of person walks into a new room and screams to get attention? No real knowledge was shared here. It wasn’t like “excuse me, but did you know there is fire leaping out of the upstairs windows?” 

This is more “I’m new here, and everybody needs to look at me!” 

The OP made points..........the defense certainly came up small against a team that would have had the worst record(#1 overall draft pick positioning) in the NFL had they not beaten the Bills today.  

You are just trying to shout him down for whatever reason.

He's dead-on right about Edmunds not being able to make certain plays that you need a good MLB to make.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The OP made points..........the defense certainly came up small against a team that would have had the worst record(#1 overall draft pick positioning) in the NFL had they not beaten the Bills today.  

You are just trying to shout him down for whatever reason.

He's dead-on right about Edmunds not being able to make certain plays that you need a good MLB to make.

He did make some points. Points that seem to be covered already in various ways in various places. Edmunds needs to fill his gap. We get it. I’m not trying to shout anyone down, despite what you may have to say. The kid is 20, so we will have to wait to see. 

1 minute ago, vorpma said:

Get lost dude, I do not have a flying F*** of a clue who Domadab99 and I have backed the owner of this board many times; but I too have an opinion! Grow up!!

So what was the point of telling SDS off?    

I like the mis-spelling touch though........after that I TOTALLY get that you guys weren't buds because you can't spell his name..........you were just liking it because you perceived it as a "shout down" of the OP?

That's a mature approach.     

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

I like the mis-spelling touch though........after that I TOTALLY get that you guys weren't buds because you can't spell his name..........you were just liking it because you perceived it as a "shout down" of the OP?

Whatever! 

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Bado....why are you judging mature from immature posts?  Have you read some of your posts?

Ahem....this is absolutely the best on line bills community and there is not one close.....ppl should be thankful it is here especially after the bills decided to shut down their official board and ppl had to migrate over here

I myself have been guilty of jumping on posts of ppl I dont agree with and admit it (and others should as well Bado this means you)

Take the halo off your friggen head.....it does not suit you.

11 minutes ago, Augie said:

He did make some points. Points that seem to be covered already in various ways in various places. Edmunds needs to fill his gap. We get it. I’m not trying to shout anyone down, despite what you may have to say. The kid is 20, so we will have to wait to see. 

And how many times do we gotta' hear "the kid is 20" as if there is some linear connection to youth and becoming exponentially more instinctive the next season.    

• Like (+1) 1

The board after a loss is a painful place. Let us all grieve together, and come back next week. 

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

And how many times do we gotta' hear "the kid is 20" as if there is some linear connection to youth and becoming exponentially more instinctive the next season.    

Time will tell. Have a nice life. 

1 hour ago, Agent 91 said:

Dead on about Tremaine, I dont know why they thought he was a middle to begin with. I almost thought that jobber ILB for the Jets who quicksand'ed on the McKenzie TD wa as emulating Edmunds. He just came diagnose the play in the hole.

Some of it is leverage and some of it is just inability to keep track of the ball. 

The Bill's have done well when they could slide him over a shade and have milano stack a tackle. Tremaine should be weak and be able to use length and speed to disrupt passing lanes

I have a couple of thoughts on this

I believe that Edmunds will get better as he matures.....he has all the tools especially for McD's defense

but

I also think that we should go into next offseason looking at all options.....if they come up with a player that is better at MLB it would not be the end of the world if they slid Edmunds over because he is probably a pro bowler at that position......

I wonder if they have discussed it behind the scenes

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Bado....why are you judging mature from immature posts?  Have you read some of your posts?

Ahem....this is absolutely the best on line bills community and there is not one close.....ppl should be thankful it is here especially after the bills decided to shut down their official board and ppl had to migrate over here

I myself have been guilty of jumping on posts of ppl I dont agree with and admit it (and others should as well Bado this means you)

Take the halo off your friggen head.....it does not suit you.

John, please read the posts prior before you jump in(re:judging maturity).:doh:

It's an annoying habit of yours jumping into discussions late and pretending you understand the context of the discussion.

And don't straw man me with the "halo" stuff.........you'll never find a post of me criticizing the site in the 20 years I've been here.........that just is what it is so don't pretend that I am in any way inconsistent about that.

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

John, please read the posts prior before you jump in(re:judging maturity).:doh:

It's an annoying habit of yours jumping into discussions late and pretending you understand the context of the discussion.

And don't straw man me with the "halo" stuff.........you'll never find a post of me criticizing the site in the 20 years I've been here.........that just is what it is so don't pretend that I am in any way inconsistent about that.

I see

So just because you have not insulted SDS or the site the fact that you insult posters for their opinions on this board should be overlooked.

What is fair is fair.......the holier then now thing does not suit you.   I agree that nobody should be saying a damn thing about a free and great board like this one.....but you calling someone else immature is......:(

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I see

So just because you have not insulted SDS or the site the fact that you insult posters for their opinions on this board should be overlooked.

What is fair is fair.......the holier then now thing does not suit you.   I agree that nobody should be saying a damn thing about a free and great board like this one.....but you calling someone else immature is......:(

If you want to take this time to point out that I am snarky with other posters..........as are you........then mmmmmmokay.

Don't get the point though..........you are off the topic of the discussion you are referencing........it was about gratitude for the use of the site to express our various opinions........snarky or otherwise.

If you had the decency to read the beginning of the thread you'd see that the recently vaporized Domdab99 called out the site and refused constructive feedback and then went off the deep end.

By contrast.........I've given you constructive feedback.........READ BEFORE YOU RESPOND.

CONTEXT John.

Just to chime in, big kudos to @SDS and the others that make this board possible.  Light years better than any forum I’ve been on and the reason it’s the only one I’ve stuck around at.  I’m on here way too much lol

It’s not an easy job, and I’m sure BBMB shutdown didn’t make it any easier, so thanks for keeping it going for us schmucks to spend too much time on :)

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I have a couple of thoughts on this

I believe that Edmunds will get better as he matures.....he has all the tools especially for McD's defense

but

I also think that we should go into next offseason looking at all options.....if they come up with a player that is better at MLB it would not be the end of the world if they slid Edmunds over because he is probably a pro bowler at that position......

I wonder if they have discussed it behind the scenes

Edmunds belongs. I just think he is miscast as a traditional MLB his talents are being wasted right now. Will he get better? Perhaps. But I would DEFINITELY look for an alternative. Luckily Alexander is 35 and said MAYBE 1 more year.

6 hours ago, Luka said:

Average drive position for the Jets was the 48 yard line. That's a tall order for any defense. Last week they lost the Phins game but this week I don't think they were terrible. Terrible special teams and a sputtering offense were more to blame.

They were definitely manhandled by the Jets OL.  Darnold was never under duress (except for that one play which he miraculously completed for a TD)...

10 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Yet another cheesy noob thread..?

They aren’t overrated because no one here says they are. Their Rating is done by the League, based solely on yards against rush & pass. But you’d have to actually follow the NFL to know this.

Stats on a laptop mean about one third of an honest evaluation

rhe Jets gutted the Bills D with ease in the 4th quarter twice when it really counted

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 3

I think they need a penetrating three technique. A Geno Atkins-Aaron Donald type. I know those guys don't grow on trees, but that's what the defense is missing. I love Kyle, but he isn't that anymore. He's a nice rotational player who looks gassed at times. Harrison Phillips or Jordan Phillips....neither fits the bill. People have mentioned Sheldon Richardson in free agency and that's the kind of player this defense needs. Maybe that's Quinnen Williams or Ed Oliver. They also need more pass rush and improvement from Tremaine. 

I think there is a chance we go after Richardson. Our draft board is going to be, imo:

Bosa

Q. Williams, Ed Oliver, J. Simmons, Brown

Josh Allen

That's where the value is going to be in the draft. Forget about top ten wide receivers, guards and right tackles. Those will all be reaches we will regret. A defensive front seven player is probably our first pick. I think offensive lineman come in free agency. 

• Like (+1) 3