[Incomplete Title] Can McDermott right the ship by firing - -

PUNT750

Four assistant coaches immediately after the season ends?

1.  Juan Castillo OL Coach.     He actually got moved to the Defensive side of the ball after 15 years coaching the Eagles OL.  Our OL has gone down hill, even with the lack of talent, since he got here.  How can he OK bringing in Bodine, who was ranked 30th in starting NFL centers at Cincinnati last season, and let rookie Adam Redmond slip away to Dallas??

2.David Culley  QB Coach.     He's been an NFL Assistant Coach since 1994 and never, ever coached Quarterbacks!  Always WR's - -crazy with a rookie QB trying to learn the NFL game.

3. Dan Crossman  ST.       He's been here way to long!  He's a former Carolina Panther guy and I guess it was safe to keep him around. 

4. TerryRobiske WR.     Over 37 years as a coach in the NFL the Bills are his 7th team.  I am guessing the speed of the players and the game itself has changed a lot over those years.  Didn't he play against the Bills back in the day??

I hope changes are made.

Edited by PUNT750
  • Like (+1) 1

With the emergence of some of these young receivers and the progress they are showing not sure why we would fire the receivers coach? 

And why Culley? Cause his resume doesn’t look good? We have seen some progress from Allen which is what we want, so fire his coach because why? He’s never coached a quarterback room before? Seems to be doing something right

33 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

With the emergence of some of these young receivers and the progress they are showing not sure why we would fire the receivers coach? 

And why Culley? Cause his resume doesn’t look good? We have seen some progress from Allen which is what we want, so fire his coach because why? He’s never coached a quarterback room before? Seems to be doing something right

Who is emerging? asking for a friend...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PUNT750 said:

1.  Juan Castillo OL Coach.     He actually got moved to the Defensive side of the ball after 15 years coaching the Eagles OL.  Our OL has gone down hill, even with the lack of talent, since he got here.  How can he OK bringing in Bodine, who was ranked 30th in starting NFL centers at Cincinnati last season, and let rookie Adam Redmond slip away to Dallas??

2.David Culley  QB Coach.     He's been an NFL Assistant Coach since 1994 and never, ever coached Quarterbacks!  Always WR's - -crazy with a rookie QB trying to learn the NFL game.

3. Dan Crossman  ST.       He's been here way to long!  He's a former Carolina Panther guy and I guess it was safe to keep him around. 

4. TerryRobiske WR.     Over 37 years as a coach in the NFL the Bills are his 7th team.  I am guessing the speed of the players and the game itself has changed a lot over those years.  Didn't he play against the Bills back in the day??

I hope changes are made.

...between Robiskie & Culley, you have SIXTY TWO YEARS of WR coaching experience and we had guys that couldn't run routes?....seriously?....and we want Culley developing Josh?....UBER has four customers IMO.............

1 hour ago, PUNT750 said:

I hope changes are made.

Listen to McDermott’s postgame comments. There are two areas he is VERY displeased with and has publicly out:

1. Special Teams

2. Offensive Line (specifically the run game)

I think that Crossman is basically a forgone conclusion.  He will be dismissed.  I also believe there’s a good chance Castillo gets the boot too.  

As for Culley and Robiske, I don’t see any moves.   Most people would agree that Allen has had a better rookie year than we expected.  Why do you get rid of the QB coach?  I can see the Bills brining in another Q/C Assistant to help him at QB.  

No idea how you can evaluate Robiske, but take a look at young talent like Foster and McKenzie along with the (occasional) improvement of Zay Jones.  TR doesn’t deserve to be fired.

19 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...between Robiskie & Culley, you have SIXTY TWO YEARS of WR coaching experience and we had guys that couldn't run routes?....seriously?....and we want Culley developing Josh?....UBER has four customers IMO.............

Customers or future drivers ?

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, SCBills said:

Foster and McKenzie have become legit weapons.  

One was a castoff and the other an UDFA.  

You’re clearly trolling.  

lol Foster has played TWO decent games since being cut. So that is emerging? 

mcKenzie has had a couple of decent games. With that small sample size you call me a troll.

Watch more football and learn....... and learn the game.

17 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Wouldn’t you say foster, Zay, and McKenzie have gotten better since the start of the season? 

Well Foster was cut! He had two decent games. Zay? sorry he dropped a a pass between the numbers that could have won the game. In fact he dropped 6 of 9 targets yesterday. No Zay has a long way to go and needs to be in the slot. He is not a starting #1 talent at all. Even though he got there because Beane has nobody else. The wide receiver corp is horrid. The worst in the NFL. 

McKenzie no comment.