Phone advice...three way battle royale

21 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

I have pixel xl2 and i absolutely love the phone, battery life is terrific, it's an absolute powerhouse of a phone.  I vote Pixel 3

Is that the one that has stereo speakers?  I know you're in to music, so curious if that's a factor

21 hours ago, KD in CA said:

IT guy at work just got me a free iPhone 7.  Works great.  First new one I’ve had since the IT guy at my last company got me a free iPhone 6 about four years ago.

Wait....I thought i was the only one that still had a 6.  I using some of the money I got from my dad's passing on an 8 I think.

Oh and to the OP?  Ummmm.........no.  

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Wait....I thought i was the only one that still had a 6.  I using some of the money I got from my dad's passing on an 8 I think.

Oh and to the OP?  Ummmm.........no.  

You're not the only one who still has a 6. I do.

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

You're not the only one who still has a 6. I do.

Went to the 50th birthday party for a co-worker's wife at an 80's club.  It was a blast I forgot how much fun the 80's were.  I was at the bar with my phone sitting there.  I said "I think I still have a few things from the 80's"  One of my friend's said "like your phone??"  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

Went to the 50th birthday party for a co-worker's wife at an 80's club.  It was a blast I forgot how much fun the 80's were.  I was at the bar with my phone sitting there.  I said "I think I still have a few things from the 80's"  One of my friend's said "like your phone??"  

No kidding. This thing is the first iPhone I've ever owned, and it's been pretty reliable for me up till recently. It doesn't hold a charge too well any more, otherwise I'd likely eke out another year or two out of it, and it's the only reason I'm considering another iPhone.

8 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Putting all of you IT wizards on notice that this text is sent to you all on my iPhone SE. :nana:

Like the Asian Carp Warrior said above, just get a new battery Joe. You’ll get that extra year or two easily. 

Galaxy S6 here.  Customized launcher... With more gestures and features than an iPhone X.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

2 hours ago, Nanker said:

Putting all of you IT wizards on notice that this text is sent to you all on my iPhone SE. :nana:

Like the Asian Carp Warrior said above, just get a new battery Joe. You’ll get that extra year or two easily. 

Question is, what will the cost be to have the battery transplanted? And will I get my money's worth out of THAT?

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Question is, what will the cost be to have the battery transplanted? And will I get my money's worth out of THAT?

Not sure. Check with Apple. They replaced a lot of batteries for free on some phones that had a battery recall. I’d bet it would be under $50 bucks to have them swap it out. 

On 12/9/2018 at 8:44 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

I am disappointed too.  So much BS training, cyber awareness... I never heard this.  But, I am up to date on my EEO, sexual harassment training... LoL

Speaking of cyber awareness, I remember seeing possibly the best Halloween costume in years

th?id=OIP.9x3zNlKdErCnGBJG8FDSMgHaGt%26p

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/9/2018 at 6:29 PM, Joe in Winslow said:

Galaxy Note 9 v. iPhone XS v. Pixel 3.

Who ya got? I'm like hamlet on this topic. Can't decide worth a darn.

Primary usage: YouTube, Picture Taking, Texting, web browsing. Occasional Netflix/Hulu and nav usage.

I always thought cell phones were primarily used for....well, phone calls.

?