Josh Allen now has more rushing yards on the season than Lesean McCoy

Protocal69

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

Brady turns crap receivers into good ones. Tyrod did the opposite. So far, Allen is like Tyrod.

Newsflash, Josh Allen ( nor any QB from this past draft for that matter) is going to be Tom Brady. Might be time to ratchet down the expectations there. There are maybe 3 or 4 guys at the top of the league that fit your definition. Rodgers team is crap this year, so even that’s no guarantee. Bills WRs drop way too many catchable passes. 

11 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Allen is not faster or shifter than McCoy. This stat reveals just how poor the OL is. They can’t even run block well. A thumper can put his head down and get a few yards, but the Bills have to be the worst runblocking team in the league. Allen’s yards come on pass plays where the defense is spread out. Those are valuable yards and have to come from somewhere. The WRs really aren’t capable of doing much more than their current sorry output. This O would have a lot more three and outs if it wasn’t for Allen’s freakish running ability. It makes the offense somewhat functional for now. It won’t change without better pass catching threats. Plus a lot better pass protection. 

If he’s holding onto it because of crappy WRs then it’s a good decision because throwing in those situations would result in more turnovers. This isn’t a functional group on offense, maybe the all 22 shows otherwise but I doubt it. 

The good QBs are quick decision makers. One of the knocks on Allen in college was reacting too slowly. Now he's doing it in the pros. Shocking.

One of the announcers today criticized him for just that on the pass to Jones outside of the end zone.

2 minutes ago, Kemp said:

You don't think Woods and Hogan got MUCH better after they left Buffalo?

No. Woods was very good all around WR, but wanted to play in Cali and couldn’t be retained except by franchise tag. That would have been crazy. Hogan maybe improved slightly but is just being utilized better than he was here. He’s pretty much the same exact guy with a better offensive scheme and QB. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I don't know if it's still true, but as of a few weeks ago, Allen was holding onto the ball longer than every other QB in the NFL. That's on him.

No that's on the offensive line...Allen has to scramble almost immediately and that in itself takes a few seconds...very misleading stat

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I don't know if it's still true, but as of a few weeks ago, Allen was holding onto the ball longer than every other QB in the NFL. That's on him.

At lot of that is pressure up the middle and him having to run around and make a play. He looks great when the oline hold up, which is rare.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kemp said:

The good QBs are quick decision makers. One of the knocks on Allen in college was reacting too slowly. Now he's doing it in the pros. Shocking.

One of the announcers today criticized him for just that on the pass to Jones outside of the end zone.

It’s not unusual for a young QB to not trust what he’s seeing right away. The guy played in the mountain west. If he’s still doing that a year or two down the road, it will be his eventual downfall. He probably wasn’t going to be a ready made starting QB from day one. Probably should have sat at least half the year. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Just what receivers are you referring to? Tyrod was a reluctant passer of the football , but had decent WRs who often were seen running wide open on the all 22. Woods, Sammy even Hogan is OK. The Bills current crop is piss poor by most evaluations. 

Not to mention tyrod had a great run game to lean on and an offensive line with Glenn icognito and wood...all 3 probowlers.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Newsflash, Josh Allen ( nor any QB from this past draft for that matter) is going to be Tom Brady. Might be time to ratchet down the expectations there. There are maybe 3 or 4 guys at the top of the league that fit your definition. Rodgers team is crap this year, so even that’s no guarantee. Bills WRs drop way too many catchable passes. 

You don't need a Brady to win but you do need a QB that can react and think quickly. It might also help if Allen was accurate more consistently.

I thought and still think that Mayfield will be good enough to win a Super Bowl. He was the best in college, and while it's still very early, he's the best of the crop, now.

3 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

No that's on the offensive line...Allen has to scramble almost immediately and that in itself takes a few seconds...very misleading stat

You think it's a coincidence that the best QBs get rid of the ball fast?

3 minutes ago, Kemp said:

You don't need a Brady to win but you do need a QB that can react and think quickly. It might also help if Allen was accurate more consistently.

I thought and still think that Mayfield will be good enough to win a Super Bowl. He was the best in college, and while it's still very early, he's the best of the crop, now.

Best QBs don't have an offensive line that is so we'll offensive...they also have a true #1 receiver and a run game....your delusional if you think any QB would be consistently good behind our line

The oline is the number 1 problem we need solved.

1 minute ago, Billever76 said:

Best QBs don't have an offensive line that is so we'll offensive...they also have a true #1 receiver and a run game....your delusional if you think any QB would be consistently good behind our line

Take a look at how long Allen holds onto the ball compared to every other NFL QB and try and explain it as a bad offensive line: (TT column)

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing#yards.

6 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Mayfield was my favorite draftable QB all year last year and that hasn’t changed. Would love for him to have been a Bill. 

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

Take a look at how long Allen holds onto the ball compared to every other NFL QB and try and explain it as a bad offensive line: (TT column)

The stat just shows that he isn’t throwing it. Doesn’t reveal why. My guess is it’s multiple factors at work, but the all 22 would show this. 

Just now, Kemp said:

I've watched every game this year..I've seen the pocket (if that's what you wanna call it)part like the red Sea almost immediately..I guess we could have one of those good QBs you talk about and lead the league getting sacked! Lol

Allen has to run around just to buy time to throw the ball.. pressure is in his face almost immediately...he is by a wide margin the most pressured QB in the league this year

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Billever76 said:

I've watched every game this year..I've seen the pocket (if that's what you wanna call it)part like the red Sea almost immediately..I guess we could have one of those good QBs you talk about and lead the league getting sacked! Lol

You actually have it backwards. Holding onto the ball too long gets you sacked, not getting rid of it. He's holding onto it longer than every other QB. He panics and runs because his ability to anticipate routes is garbage. 

9 minutes ago, Kemp said:

You actually have it backwards. Holding onto the ball too long gets you sacked, not getting rid of it. He's holding onto it longer than every other QB. He panics and runs because his ability to anticipate routes is garbage. 

Maybe. The routes might be run in garbage fashion though.  Either way, Allen would probably throw a lot more INTs if he let those throws go.