Josh Allen now has more rushing yards on the season than Lesean McCoy

Protocal69

On 12/9/2018 at 6:25 PM, Kemp said:

Brady turns crap receivers into good ones. Tyrod did the opposite. So far, Allen is like Tyrod.

Robert Foster and McKenzie are starting to look pretty good, so I'm not sure what you are referring to...

• Like (+1) 1

Also has more than Dion Lewis, Kenyan Drake...and every QB in the league.

Crazy. I did not expect that when we drafted him. Of course everybody wants to see him put the passing game together but how is anybody whining about the QB adding 100 yards on the ground every game?

9 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Robert Foster and McKenzie are starting to look pretty good, so I'm not sure what you are referring to...

Josh isn’t perfect, but these guys need to CATCH THE STINKIN’ BALL!

Who knew Foster could do more than a go route? It’s been at least interesting to watch, much different than early in the season. 

On 12/9/2018 at 6:35 PM, Kemp said:

You don't need a Brady to win but you do need a QB that can react and think quickly. It might also help if Allen was accurate more consistently.

I thought and still think that Mayfield will be good enough to win a Super Bowl. He was the best in college, and while it's still very early, he's the best of the crop, now.

You think it's a coincidence that the best QBs get rid of the ball fast?

What I find not a coincidence is virtually all of the great QBs of today were not getting rid of the ball all that fast when they were rookies, if they even played as rookies. 

On 12/9/2018 at 7:33 PM, Chicken Boo said:

Didn't you know?  Nothing is ever Allen's fault.  He's perfect just the way he is.  

What you don’t seem to appreciate is that he is a rookie, and is going to make mistakes.  He absolutely tried to make plays on those interceptions that were not there. He’ll learn. Funny, but I don’t recall Peyton Manning being even remotely mistake free as a rookie. Brett Favre was traded away after his rookie year, and his mistakes he made early in his career were well chronicled. Who knows that Brady and Rogers would have looked like as rookies, because they didn’t play early on. 

No no one here thinks Josh is perfect. NO ONE. Some of us just prefer to enjoy the good with the bad as he grows into the position. You know, because some of us are not deeply invested in proving ourselves right that he has problems and is going to be a bust. 

15 minutes ago, Augie said:

Josh isn’t perfect, but these guys need to CATCH THE STINKIN’ BALL!

Who knew Foster could do more than a go route? It’s been at least interesting to watch, much different than early in the season. 

McKenzie had good speed on that early sweep for the score, but seemed like he gradually lost a step against the Jets and was not as shifty later in the game. He is a key piece to stretching opposing defenses, and has been a solid play maker with that speed.

I had no idea that he had injured his toe at practice and was questionable for the game. The Bills are hurting all over their roster.

10 hours ago, BuffaloBob said:

No no one here thinks Josh is perfect. NO ONE. Some of us just prefer to enjoy the good with the bad as he grows into the position. You know, because some of us are not deeply invested in proving ourselves right that he has problems and is going to be a bust. 

No.  Many of you prefer to ONLY focus on the good while ignoring the bad, pretending it doesn't exist and attacking those that point it out. 

I'm rooting for Allen, but I have no problems bringing attention to facets of his game that need improvement. 

I am not and will not be a blind homer.

What so many fans don't get is this rookie QB is starting behind one of the very worst offensive lines the Buffalo Bills have even fielded and it's even worse with some of those better scrubs out for the season. 

No run game other then trick plays or the QB running it. Most of the time his receivers can't get separation or even catch the ball. His line is always causing drive killing penalties and in this last game Dion Dawkins chop blocked a Jets player and those kind of blocks at the legs can end a career. That block infuriated that Jets player and lit a fire under the rest of that Jets team to hit hard and take off heads. 

Then factor in the Jerry Hughes situation with his calling out a ref for cursing at him so the league suspended that ref. Now look at all the holding by the Jets offense that wasn't being called. The Jets sacked Josh Allen 3 times and hit him 10 times. The Bills being one of the better teams in getting pressure on the QB came away with no sacks and not even one hit on Jets QBs. 

It's a team game and about the only bright spot on offense is the rookie QB.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/9/2018 at 5:40 PM, PeterDude said:

Yeah, because that's what you want your "franchise" QB to be doing...

Great...

panic runs between the 30s have got to be cut down

mostly they are garbagetime in the first place (the entire game against a Miami or Jets is honestly garbagetime...)

I'm going to say that is is mostly the issue/fault with the bad offensive line play.  However, I also still think the Bills would be good to move on from McCoy.  The number of plays this year where he makes a play that another 'average' RB wouldn't...those are a lot less than they were in the past.  Next year, when he is a year older...the situation with him isn't going to be better.

The bills could keep him around because they will have to much cap room that his contract won't mean much in the grand scheme of things next year.  Personally, I'd keep a player like him around if he was a stellar leader/ambassador for the team.  But McCoy is someone who tends to duck the press and sometimes avoid being around for tough questions..and his off-the-field activities are questionable.    I really would like the Bills to try to find a different #1 back next year...but as things stand now..I'd rather havea one-year-older Ivory as the #2 next year rather than a one-year-older McCoy

Edited by mjd1001