Josh Allen now has more rushing yards on the season than Lesean McCoy

Protocal69

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

Allen takes longer to throw than anyone and has a worse completion percentage than everyone. That is not a recipe for success.

This is true. If it continues with improved personnel , McD and Beane will be gone as well as Allen and a new QB will be drafted. As fans we don’t control this. We’ll just have to see what happens. The Bills are going nowhere with the offense as it’s currently constructed. 

1 hour ago, PIP said:

Mccoy is a wasted roster spot. Getting outplayed by no names

What? Not on the team that's for sure. You saw Ivory and Murphy light it up today? Next year they better get two good linemen through FA and at least one great speedy WR. Everytime Allen had time today, which was rare,  he threw on target. One or two good runs all day besides by Josh. Our OL is weak, and their pay reflects that. I'd say it's priority #1.

I don't think the Bills have even one receiver worthy of starting in the NFL. They also have one of the worst offensive lines in the league. Add that together with the fact that Allen is a rookie who was known to need development ...........Expecting him to thrive in those conditions is unrealistic, get a decent line and a couple good wrs and see how he does next season. 

The fact that Mccoy is the highest paid rb in the league this year is laughable. The Bills need young talent at the position and cannot afford to allocate 9 mil cap space to McCoy again next year imo. Cutting him saves 6.5 mil cap with a 2.5 dead hit. If he was willing to take a pay cut they could keep him, I am quite sure that no other team will pay him 9 million.

9 hours ago, Helpmenow said:

A bunch of journey men on the Ol. Except Dawkins 

Dawkins ain't great either.

3 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

The fact that Mccoy is the highest paid rb in the league this year is laughable. The Bills need young talent at the position and cannot afford to allocate 9 mil cap space to McCoy again next year imo. Cutting him saves 6.5 mil cap with a 2.5 dead hit. If he was willing to take a pay cut they could keep him, I am quite sure that no other team will pay him 9 million.

they really should have traded him. I think they are too loyal to players which is bad when they are past their prime but it makes for harder play from the players and is part of the culture/family they want to develop. It may not be the best personnel policy but i think the trade off is worth it.

12 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Dawkins ain't great either.

they really should have traded him. I think they are too loyal to players which is bad when they are past their prime but it makes for harder play from the players and is part of the culture/family they want to develop. It may not be the best personnel policy but i think the trade off is worth it.

That probably factors into it, trading him with his top rb in the league contract may have been difficult as well. Another big contract and unnecessary extension/restructure that the Bills need to move on from. I hope they decide to get younger at the position. McCoy can still play but not at that salary. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

That probably factors into it, trading him with his top rb in the league contract may have been difficult as well. Another big contract and unnecessary extension/restructure that the Bills need to move on from. I hope they decide to get younger at the position. McCoy can still play but not at that salary. 

Whaley, again. Worst cap management GM maybe ever.

4 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

So when he has a good game, it's the "greatness of Allen", but when he has a bad game it's everyone else's fault.

Gotcha.

Or...the truth is in-between.  He's not as terrible as the doom and gloom crowd suggests, and at the same time, Allen is still showing rookie mistakes.  There are parts of his game that need to improve.  I think they will, but I'm not going to say it's a certainty.  I replied the way I did because either absolute at this point, is silly.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

So when he has a good game, it's the "greatness of Allen", but when he has a bad game it's everyone else's fault.

Gotcha.

If you cannot see the piss poor protection, lack of running game, dropped balls (to include touchdowns) whether Josh does well or does not do well on the day

Then I dont know what to tell you....your lost

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

If you cannot see the piss poor protection, lack of running game, dropped balls (to include touchdowns) whether Josh does well or does not do well on the day

Then I dont know what to tell you....your lost

If you can't see the happy feet, slow eyes and hit or miss accuracy then I don't know what to tell you.

Josh Allen is what everyone thought he was coming out of Wyoming.  Why the shock and awe when it gets pointed out?  Yes, he's a rookie and has less than ideal talen around him.  That doesn't make him above criticism.  Some of it is on him!

13 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

If you can't see the happy feet, slow eyes and hit or miss accuracy then I don't know what to tell you.

Josh Allen is what everyone thought he was coming out of Wyoming.  Why the shock and awe when it gets pointed out?  Yes, he's a rookie and has less than ideal talen around him.  That doesn't make him above criticism.  Some of it is on him!

Some

He has also improved his game since Wyoming

On 12/9/2018 at 6:10 PM, Kemp said:

I don't know if it's still true, but as of a few weeks ago, Allen was holding onto the ball longer than every other QB in the NFL. That's on him.

Not to make too fine a point on it, but I believe that’s also because they included time spent running around extending plays outside the pocket behind the LOS. I may be mistaken but am pretty sure that’s the case. It’s not like he has had a clean pocket to sit in for 4 + secs surveying the field between the tackles normally like TB12...if anything he’s buying extra time to allow the longer range route combinations to develop, for those times that he goes deep. Not a very helpful stat in that comparative context IMO. I believe Watson was right there with him, also a guy who doesn’t necessarily just sit in the pocket. 

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12