[Incomplete Title] As an admitted McDermott detractor

cgg716

28 minutes ago, Perry Turtle said:

And yet 1/3 of those professionals are fired from their coaching positions every year.  Wonder why that is?

And then get other jobs. Hmmmm

15 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

So which is it? Were the Bills a playoff team that McD "dismantled," or were they a team that "backed" into the playoffs and didn't deserve it. I'm confused. 

I’m confused do blow out losses grant him a special pass or sticking with Peterman?  Public relations social media presence I would guess for posturing as a cheerleader.  

19 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Somehow tyrod sucks and we made the playoffs despite him. Then he gets rid of the horrible QB and we are a mess. Yet the coach gets a pass cause we made the playoffs last year. That’s not how it works. 

Why oh why does this need constant reminding to some of you Tyrod apologists? But, here it goes. For the last five games of the season last year when the bills made their playoff run Taylor could not lead the team to a 4thquarter touchdown. The defense had to hang on by the skin of its teeth!! Then, throw in the playoff game at Jacksonville when the defense played it ass off and Taylor couldn’t even score a touchdown. The narrative is so ridiculous that he was anything but horrible it’s now an indefensible joke. Please, all of you who are left, stop it now for good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Joeziehmer said:

I’m confused do blow out losses grant him a special pass or sticking with Peterman?  Public relations social media presence I would guess for posturing as a cheerleader.  

Still not answering the question, just more nonsense. 

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

McD haters give two options: 

Either McD dismantled a "playoff" team (which he was responsible for), or he didn't deserve to go to the playoffs and we got lucky. 

Which is it for you?

He inherited a 8-8/9-7 team in a season where the AFC was weak in the wildcard chase/in the hunt dept. He got on his knees and prayed to GOD when Dalton threw the TD. That will likely be the only time McClappity takes an NFL team to the playoff's.

1 minute ago, PeterDude said:

He inherited a 8-8/9-7 team in a season where the AFC was weak in the wildcard chase/in the hunt dept. He got on his knees and prayed to GOD when Dalton threw the TD. That will likely be the only time McClappity takes an NFL team to the playoff's.

Ok, you're one of those guys. Fine. 

In that case,

Why stick with mediocre 8-8 seasons? Just rip it down and deal with 4-12 for one season. That's why he needs to stay; he has to finish what he has started. 

Good coach in the wrong era. Our team has been devoid of offensive line talent and wide receiving talent for two seasons.

This is on coach and his GM.

We are penalized an abnormal amount of times on the O line,this equates to either 

stupid  players or bad technique, therefore our o line coaching is suspect at best.

Let’s  talk about special teams. McClappy keeps players who play on special teams, to hell with talent. If you can attempt to play ST you make this team. You have mediocre players kept over much better players because of it. Our STs are terrible and have cost us games.look at a guy like Crooms. He has no business being in this league. So we cut OLeary, a guy who actually gets open and catches the ball for guys like Crooms and Logan Thomas, scrubs at best.

Thats coaching, both personnell wise and technique wise.

We are not ditching McClappy but they really need to change their philosophy.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

Ok, you're one of those guys. Fine. 

In that case,

Why stick with mediocre 8-8 seasons? Just rip it down and deal with 4-12 for one season. That's why he needs to stay; he has to finish what he has started. 

He started off completely on the wrong foot by passing on Mahomes/Watson.

He's already made a decision that has killed this franchises' chances, sorry, he should not really get to finish anything, he's already ***** it up...

But that's not up to me, he will get his 1.5 more seasons.

35 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

Did standing in full respect and confidence with Peterman grant him extra special powers too; avoiding the blame?  

Peterman is no longer with this team......if he had confidence in Peterman he would still be here.

A good sign of a head coach is they learn from their mistakes and dont hang onto them out of stubborness

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Peterman is no longer with this team......if he had confidence in Peterman he would still be here.

A good sign of a head coach is they learn from their mistakes and dont hang onto them out of stubborness

A year late, but who's counting...

48 minutes ago, cgg716 said:

A Question to his supporters.. yes I know he made the playoffs last year and many believe that should give him some leeway. I believe there is no doubt he gets another year, but a question for the supporters, is it the playoffs or do you geniuely believe he’s a good coach?

He played today like Jauron would have and that is not the first time. I don’t think we would find many who think his game desicions are solid. And even if you think that having a defensive first coach is workable, is his lauded defense, his supposed strength really that good. Remarkably easy TDS to questionable offenses, in winnable games the last two weeks and several blow outs on his record. It should be at least called into question 

He's a good coach.  We have a ***** team.  I give him and Beane two more years.  This team was a disaster both offensively and defensively when they took over.  We are getting better, but just not good enough yet.  O Line is still a mess.  Hopefully they address that and WR in the offseason.  

3 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

He started off completely on the wrong foot by passing on Mahomes/Watson.

He's already made a decision that has killed this franchises' chances, sorry, he should not really get to finish anything, he's already ***** it up...

But that's not up to me, he will get his 1.5 more seasons.

Tell the truth...you really think taking Mahomes and plopping him on to this team would achieve the same success?

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

A sign of a good head coach is not passing on a once in a lifetime chance to draft a Mahomes. His teacher got it right, the student failed miserably. It will go down as one of the Bills' biggest blunders in franchise history and McClappity's name will be all over it.

32 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Lol. Very true^

The coach gets a pass because the team sucks.  He and Beane are building a winner and you can't do that in one offseason.   McDermott is a solid coach and this team will be fine.  I give them two more years and hopefully we will have the foundation to be winners for a very long time after that.

13 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

It's stunning to me that you bring up Peterman all the time. You're literally two posts away from yelling "LACES OUT, DAN! LACES OUT!"

Give it up. The error was altered. Now you're just a one-note poster who can't think beyond "PETERMAN!!!!" :lol:

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

Tell the truth...you really think taking Mahomes and plopping him on to this team would achieve the same success?

Did I ever say same success? No one has been saying that... 

Mahomes would have been a QB to build around, Allen simply is not that, he will never be the passer required for the kind of success we all want this team to achieve. The only reason so many of you can't see that is blind faith in the franchise, no matter how blatant the mistakes have been.

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am a McDermott guy and I still support him.... but man the coaching sucked today. 

- the lack of pressure packages thrown at Darnold;

- trick plays at the wrong time (hated the Zay Jones pass on 3rd and 3 deep in the redzone and we over used the end around);

- the Special Teams planning and coaching was horrible;

- the decision to try a long FG with a hurt kicker was nonsensical. 

That to me is the worst coached Bills game since Sean got here. The Jets outcoached us today. 

Bloody Well Right.  I can't say it any better than my Bri'ish mate. 

18 minutes ago, xsoldier54 said:

The coach gets a pass because the team sucks.  He and Beane are building a winner and you can't do that in one offseason.   McDermott is a solid coach and this team will be fine.  I give them two more years and hopefully we will have the foundation to be winners for a very long time after that.

Some red flags for Mcd:

1. Penalties- I am not saying that it’s all his fault as it’s the players Making the mistakes but at the end of the day it’s happening under his watch

2. Clock management- He still puzzles me game in and game out on how he manages the clock on certain situations. Including wasting a lot of timeouts on stupid challenges 

3. His defence- Rookie Injuried QB on the road and him and Frazier decide to sit back and play a soft shell? That was inexcusable.

I Am not saying fire him now or anything like that, but he definitely has a lot of red flags IMO

Edited by billsfan11
  • Like (+1) 3

I'm not a supporter or detractor right now.  He still like a rookie coach making mistakes but learning.  Just like Josh today.  It took him way too long time to realize Peterman sucks. It may take him a long time to realize Crossman is garbage. He's releasing the fat and giving young players opportunities.  After today I'm 100% convinced Shady & Clay are gone. Regardless of the cap ramifications. We need almost an entire new OL and 3 wrs. And a new ST coach. Hopefully McD figures it out....

• Like (+1) 1