[Incomplete Title] As an admitted McDermott detractor

cgg716

34 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

They needed to bring way more pressure than they did and start hitting darnold.  He was like he was in his backyard throwing late in this game.

This. For a "great" defense, they sure as hell come up small WAAAAY too often. Far too many times, they put up decent numbers but don't get the stops when they're critically needed.

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Over or under at 50% of the time he's at a restaurant....he wants to speak to the Manager.

he won't even speak to the manager.  he's a guy who will act like everything is fine, then go home and blast the restaurant online.

42 minutes ago, teef said:

no.  have i done that at any point, or is that something you just throw out there because your opinions and ideas are terrible?

Not exactly throwing it out just getting a read on folks and their unlimited devotion to tanking and saving public face.  Reminds me of an EA firm hired for promoting The Sims 4 with copy-pasta from the official site.  Didn’t take long for me to deduce who they were Teefless.  

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

Not exactly throwing it out just getting a read on folks and their unlimited devotion to tanking and saving public face.  Reminds me of an EA firm hired for promoting The Sims 4 with copy-pasta from the official site.  Didn’t take long for me to deduce who they were Teefless.  

now i'm just scared.

• Haha (+1) 1

To me, after this season ends he gets kind of a blank slate. The playoff drought ending no longer matters and neither does the debacle that was the first half of this season. I agree with many of the complaints. There are also a lot of things I like from him. McBeane should get the chance to put things together the way they have presumably planned and we need to see how it comes together next season.

2 hours ago, brianb386 said:

To me, after this season ends he gets kind of a blank slate. The playoff drought ending no longer matters and neither does the debacle that was the first half of this season. I agree with many of the complaints. There are also a lot of things I like from him. McBeane should get the chance to put things together the way they have presumably planned and we need to see how it comes together next season.

I feel the same way, there has been good and bad but now they have the money and draft picks to make a significant playoff push next year with their personnel. Lets see if they can pull it off.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Joeziehmer said:

Did standing in full respect and confidence with Peterman grant him extra special powers too; avoiding the blame?  

You really must not have used the search function to look through too many threads around here before saying that he’s avoided any blame over NP. Just sayin’...

4 hours ago, Joeziehmer said:

No, do you get paid for defending the Bills blindly?  

Wow...don’t think Teef has ever been accused of that before ???

8 hours ago, teef said:

no.  have i done that at any point, or is that something you just throw out there because your opinions and ideas are terrible?

He's entitled to his opinion..just because it's not popular does not mean you and the Bills defense attorneys should gang up and run people off the board for dissenting opinions.

Besides not every poster is as resilient as I am.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

He's entitled to his opinion..just because it's not popular does not mean you and the Bills defense attorneys should gang up and run people off the board for dissenting opinions.

The moderators wait and give far to much leeway for some members.  It’s a little uncomfortable having them question whether or not I’m an immigrant or if I understand English comprehension.  Understanding that they are using corporate methodologies of Nixon-era practices with rats that I’m a little bit more acclimated to given my former professional background.  I know they want profanity or an excuse to get others tossed and moderators don’t want to see the gravy train of web hosting sponsorship ended.  

17 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

The moderators wait and give far to much leeway for some members.  It’s a little uncomfortable having them question whether or not I’m an immigrant or if I understand English comprehension.  Understanding that they are using corporate methodologies of Nixon-era practices with rats that I’m a little bit more acclimated to given my former professional background.  I know they want profanity or an excuse to get others tossed and moderators don’t want to see the gravy train of web hosting sponsorship ended.  

Lol I gotta admit Joe the paranoid side of me does think some paid media interns are running rampant round here. It's complete paranoia but there have been a lot of process missionaries this season. All hail the process.

This season sucked donkey.. it's silly to say otherwise. I'm optimistic but I ain't trusting the process brutha. Just pulling for the Bills to get better. Not "trusting" they do.

I don't trust people that feel compelled to ask me to trust them lol.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Lol I gotta admit Joe the paranoid side of me does think some paid media interns are running rampant round here. It's complete paranoia but there have been a lot of process missionaries this season. All hail the process.

This season sucked donkey.. I'm optimistic but I ain't trusting the process brutha. Just pulling for the Bills to get better. Not "trusting" they do.

I actually see McDermott getting fired after his decisions to keep Peterman.  It didn’t do him a solid to run the presser.  Beane may have been brought in by him; to save his own neck though, his process is to find a better Coach.  As well as his choice in Coaches and whose been someone he’s worked with that’s achieved a level of success not being fired in all of his stops so far.  

8 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

I actually see McDermott getting fired after his decisions to keep Peterman.  It didn’t do him a solid to run the presser.  Beane may have been brought in by him; to save his own neck though, his process is to find a better Coach.  As well as his choice in Coaches and whose been someone he’s worked with that’s achieved a level of success not being fired in all of his stops so far.  

Nah he bought time garnering "trust". Total moron for the Peterman debacle, but he has his merits.. and his flaws need to be fixed QUICK. But I think he's won over trust at OBD.

Anyways Teef ain't a paid media intern.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

I actually liked McDermott, but he’s not improving at all, and his coaching decisions on personnel,both coaching and player is lacking.

He hired Brian Dabol. Brian Dabol everyone. No worries about him taking His job.

Ive soured on him after watching his team commit penalty after penalty, his attempts at experimentation of scheme in game, cramming bad players down our throats in the name of being a special teams player. He’s way too conservative, and tried to make something out of nothing with regards to the O line, TE and all the receiving corps. It’s partially his fault. No qualifying needed.

He and Beane brought in below average players,  thinking they had some magical formula making them serviceable. It’s not working.

Enough with the cast off Carolina players. Enough with the BS excuse “ I have to look at the film”

J.A. needs a real, experienced,innovative QB coach to help him along. 

The mandate from Pegula to become fiscally responsible doesn’t help either. Beane is taking it to the extreme. 

I can only hope they have a plan for all this and everyone improves, we actually attempt to buy or draft an O line, along with WRs.

Maybe I can get back to being behind McDermot again, but I doubt it.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/9/2018 at 7:30 PM, MJS said:

It was a 54 yard field goal, not 57. That's a tremendous difference. Hauschka is money from 50+ usually. If he says he is fine and can make the kick, you let him try.

Believing that McDermott told Daboll to run it two times is silly. Daboll calls the offense. McDermott doesn't.

They played their defense all day. I saw no indication of them playing "safe". What do you mean by that? What did they do differently?

Great.

Money is money from 50 plus.

When your coach keeps a revolving door of punters cycling through OBD somethings got to give.

Kickers like consistency, such as having the same damn guy hold on field goals. New guy, New way to hold.

What in the hell is McDermots fascination with the punting game? It’s hardly been that bad. It’s cost us points because of the new holders.

They didn’t play their defense, McClappy was experimenting all day. They played mostly zone, four man rush with minimal dogs. They played a rookie QB and played zone. Unreal. They should have lined up and pinned their ears back. I just don’t understand their philosophy.

McClappy has publicly stated his philosophy, that is to run and stop the run. The run wasn’t working so McClappys coach decides to continue to run. That’s MDs philosophy, that’s what he wants, that’s his offensive coordinator. He has the power to change that at anytime, he didn’t, therefore he wanted it.

Edited by dlonce

9 minutes ago, dlonce said:

I actually liked McDermott, but he’s not improving at all, and his coaching decisions on personnel,both coaching and player is lacking.

He hired Brian Dabol. Brian Dabol everyone. No worries about him taking His job.

Ive soured on him after watching his team commit penalty after penalty, his attempts at experimentation of scheme in game, cramming bad players down our throats in the name of being a special teams player. He’s way too conservative, and tried to make something out of nothing with regards to the O line, TE and all the receiving corps. It’s partially his fault. No qualifying needed.

He and Beane brought in below average players,  thinking they had some magical formula making them serviceable. It’s not working.

Enough with the cast off Carolina players. Enough with the BS excuse “ I have to look at the film”

J.A. needs a real, experienced,innovative QB coach to help him along. 

The mandate from Pegula to become fiscally responsible doesn’t help either. Beane is taking it to the extreme. 

I can only hope they have a plan for all this and everyone improves, we actually attempt to buy or draft an O line, along with WRs.

Maybe I can get back to being behind McDermot again, but I doubt it.

Great post. As far as I'm concerned we have Josh Allen as our best capital in a long time and if we don't do our damndest to make it work with him then we're shooting ourselves in the foot. It's great this Regime brought a prospect like this but we have the dumbest HC concerning managing/evaluating QB we can ask for. Either he stays hands off or he goes but I certainly don't want to squander what I think we have going for us.

I see the McD vs. Jauron comparison and I don't quite see it. McD played uber conservative against the Jets, but he generally has shown to be much more aggressive than Jauron was in both game management and in scheme. McD's defense is much more attacking and aggressive in general. McD has also made more aggressive decisions too. So I don't see why these comparisons get brought up more and more. 

10 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

10 hours ago, Joeziehmer said:

i love you two.