[Incomplete Title] As an admitted McDermott detractor

cgg716

7 minutes ago, cgg716 said:

A 57 yarder with an injured kicker instead of going for it.. conservative. 1st and 10 from the 23 with Murphy as your only RB, you call 2 runs.. yes I think he is directing Daboll to play for 3, there isn’t a head coach that doesn’t take over to a degree there. And on D they played safe football and folded. Played not to lose, insanely conservative 

It was a 54 yard field goal, not 57. That's a tremendous difference. Hauschka is money from 50+ usually. If he says he is fine and can make the kick, you let him try.

Believing that McDermott told Daboll to run it two times is silly. Daboll calls the offense. McDermott doesn't.

They played their defense all day. I saw no indication of them playing "safe". What do you mean by that? What did they do differently?

Just now, Joeziehmer said:

Winning should be what matters I see these boards are overrun by public relations social media trolls.  

Copying and pasting the same thing over and over doesn't make it any funnier or true. People want to have an objective discussion. You want to bag on McD and anyone else on the team. 

5 minutes ago, Ned Kelly said:

"$5k" says he survives this season unless he starts suggesting to Beane things like this ?

"Joeziehmer     32

1st Round: Bryce Love

Running back out of Stanford good speed and good body awareness and vision.

2nd Round: Sam Mustipher

Cenrer our of Notre Dame good body control and agility fighting to avoid sacks and tackles for loss at the point of attack

3rd Round: LJ Scott

Bruising running back Michigan State for short yardage situations and jumbo packages at the goal line"

Write a draft yourself then you seem quite capable of mocking mine as I’ve actually tracked players and written statements on them.  

8 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

You sure about that?

I am. It is possible the bills finish 6-10 for the season, with better coaching decisions it could have been an 8-8 season, which could be commended, however the coaching decisions are currently suspect, so there should be an expectation of 1-3 games lost on coaching decisions on those games next season. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Best Williams Available said:

The hallmark of every bad team the Bills fielded during the drought (which was all of them) was losing to inferior teams. I know it’s “any given Sunday”, but last two weeks looks like more of the same. They weren’t talentless all those years, but did have bad coaches.

They aren’t talentless now. It’s all just ***** that people eat up. The defense has very good players on it. The defense should be very good. Late leads should be safe. Especially at home. Especially against the qb leading the league in INTs. Fraiser is terrible. He always has been. There’s no reason for us to be expecting to have a 4 win year.

On offense, Guys are open and guys can make plays. We scored 41 points against the jets in NJ. Not going back to Barkley for at least 1 game is the ***** I’m talking about. There was no harm in seeing where that went. This offense could be real good and we might have some excellent WRs but it’s hard to tell. Barkley was getting it out on time and to the correct guy in the right place. You don’t bench a guy after you score 41. It’s just dumb stuff like that I can’t stand. Allen needs to play but there’s no rush. He does some cool stuff but he’s also completing 50% of his passes in a league where it’s built to complete 65. He’s running for incredible yardage but teams would give you that instead of having a guy carve you all game long. We are nowhere near 41 points again and it sucks that we were in a huge rush to get away from that. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Best Williams Available said:

The hallmark of every bad team the Bills fielded during the drought (which was all of them) was losing to inferior teams. I know it’s “any given Sunday”, but last two weeks looks like more of the same. They weren’t talentless all those years, but did have bad coaches.

This is the only week the Bills have been favored to win. They haven't faced an inferior opponent all year. There is no reason to believe that the Bills are superior to any other team in the league. They have the least paid roster and the least talented roster in the league. They've won 4 games by playing better than they actually are. They won 9 games last year the same way.

This is year 2 of a complete rebuild. Next year will be the first year of this regime where their hands won't be tied behind their backs.

Now if you don't believe that the team needed a complete rebuild, oh well. McDermott believed it did and convinced the Pegulas that it did as well.

6 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

We don't WANT 8-8. When playoffs are not happening, the draft and preparing for next season is what matters. 

I want to win games. Beating Miami and the Jets would have done more for us then 3 spots in the draft. if we could have just closed out those wins, we would have been 1 game out with the lions at home this week. I’m not interested in celebrating losses. Especially division games that you had won, while still technically alive for the playoffs. That’s what losers do.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MJS said:

It was a 54 yard field goal, not 57. That's a tremendous difference. Hauschka is money from 50+ usually. If he says he is fine and can make the kick, you let him try.

Believing that McDermott told Daboll to run it two times is silly. Daboll calls the offense. McDermott doesn't.

They played their defense all day. I saw no indication of them playing "safe". What do you mean by that? What did they do differently?

Yardage noted, he was still hurt and squibbing kickoffs, dumb call. And if you believe the head coach has zero input in the 4th qtr of a tie, near the red zone in the final 5 minutes as to what gets run, you are losing it. And if he doesn’t and it was100 percent Dabolls call and he doesn’t agree, Fire Daboll tomm.

And on D, there was no adjustment to no pressure from the front 4, because adjustments would mean blitzes, which are by definition not conservative. So they were too conservative on D and not smart enough to adjust 

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Topic titles must reflect the content of the topic (and it must contain more than just a name). This helps to reduce the number of duplicate topics and makes the community much more user friendly.

Please edit the title so that it properly reflects the discussion that you started.

Thank you.

How does the title not do this?

2 hours ago, cgg716 said:

Kicking the bomb with Hauscka hurt instead of going for it, just not smart. Running it twice to kick the FG in the 4th, with no RBs and a hurt kicker, although he made it, extremely conservative and not playing to your strengths at the time. Then to have the D get beat by Darnold.. they played NOT to lose.. regardless of talent, that’s troublesome 

So what is your solution?

Does McDermott deserve to stay? Do the Bills look like the worst team in the league? Do you think that the Bills will get better with changes next season?

What is the point of winning games to 8 and 8 and continue the same vicious cycle this team has been repeating over the last 17 years sans last year

the reason why we are constantly mediocre

no franchise qb

constant coach turnover and constant changing of systems

THIS TEAM DOES NOT HAVE ENOUGH GOOD PLAYERS THIS YEAR

we have 90 million in cap space and 10 draft picks coming and out qbs with a year in the system

let them finish what they started

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

So what is your solution?

Does McDermott deserve to stay? Do the Bills look like the worst team in the league? Do you think that the Bills will get better with changes next season?

Ideally, a coach who plays to win. Player changes will make us better but not good enough, not with this coach

Just now, cgg716 said:

Yardage noted, he was still hurt and squibbing kickoffs, dumb call. And if you believe the head coach has zero input in the 4th qtr of a tie, near the red zone in the final 5 minutes as to what gets run, you are losing it. And if he doesn’t and it was100 percent Dabolls call and he doesn’t agree, Fire Daboll tomm.

And on D, there was no adjustment to no pressure from the front 4, because adjustments would mean blitzes, which are by definition not conservative. So they were too conservative on D and not smart enough to adjust 

The squib kicks were clearly because they were getting gashed in the return game every single time. That's the only reason.

Why would the defensive minded head coach tell Daboll what to run? That makes no sense. If Daboll isn't doing a good job, McDermott will fire him like he did the OC from last year. But you think that McDermott knows how to call an effective offense with his whole career being on the defensive side of the ball? You think offensive minded head coaches in the league call plays for their defenses? No, they let the guys they hire do their jobs.

This defense doesn't blitz much. That's the defense they run. A lot of defenses are that way. Plus they had guys injured. I disagree that they were playing safe. They played their same defense that they always do. Now if they failed to make adjustments, that's one thing, but that doesn't mean they were playing safe or conservatively.

8 minutes ago, cgg716 said:

How does the title not do this?

SDS (board owner) requests that the title be a complete sentence, not a sentence fragment answered in the first post.

Something like “Question for McDermott supporters: do you think he’s a good coach?”  Would do that.  

“As an admitted McDermott detractor...” leaves us in doubt are you about to praise him or express your conversion to supporting him or blast him or ??

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I want to win games. Beating Miami and the Jets would have done more for us then 3 spots in the draft. if we could have just closed out those wins, we would have been 1 game out with the lions at home this week. I’m not interested in celebrating losses. Especially division games that you had won, while still technically alive for the playoffs. That’s what losers do.

"Technically" alive. How many times did we hear that from 2000-2017?

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

This is the only week the Bills have been favored to win. They haven't faced an inferior opponent all year. There is no reason to believe that the Bills are superior to any other team in the league. They have the least paid roster and the least talented roster in the league. They've won 4 games by playing better than they actually are. They won 9 games last year the same way.

This is year 2 of a complete rebuild. Next year will be the first year of this regime where their hands won't be tied behind their backs.

Now if you don't believe that the team needed a complete rebuild, oh well. McDermott believed it did and convinced the Pegulas that it did as well.

I don’t care what Vegas says, the Bills team I watched the last two weeks (sans ST) were better than their opponents on that given day. Yet, they took L’s in both cases. That’s worrisome. I’m def not saying this team is talented, don’t get me wrong. But a better, more experienced coach doesn’t allow his team to lose games like these. I hope McD can become that guy. The others in the line didn’t.