[Incomplete Title] As an admitted McDermott detractor

cgg716

26 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

nope. 

OK. Fine. Don’t think through your thoughts and continue to put out confusing and indecipherable posts. Your call.    But when they are plain wrong  I will let you know if the impulse strikes me. Have a good night

17 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

Hey I edited it; why are you guys this upset?  I mean you must have loved the blow out losses as part of the process.  

Not really. I also don't like going 8-8/7-9 year in and year out. 

1 hour ago, downunderbill said:

I think he is a good coach, today however, I think the game plan was poor and that it was poorly executed. todays loss was on everybody. 

Just his 13-17 record alone suggests he is not a good coach, then throw in poor decisions in close losses and all the blowouts and no he isnt a good coach at all. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, cgg716 said:

A Question to his supporters.. yes I know he made the playoffs last year and many believe that should give him some leeway. I believe there is no doubt he gets another year, but a question for the supporters, is it the playoffs or do you geniuely believe he’s a good coach?

He played today like Jauron would have and that is not the first time. I don’t think we would find many who think his game desicions are solid. And even if you think that having a defensive first coach is workable, is his lauded defense, his supposed strength really that good. Remarkably easy TDS to questionable offenses, in winnable games the last two weeks and several blow outs on his record. It should be at least called into question 

I think he fully expected (and maybe even wanted) this kind of season. McBeans free agency and draft bonors are gonna be huge this off season. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I expect a completely different team next year 

2 hours ago, cgg716 said:

A Question to his supporters.. yes I know he made the playoffs last year and many believe that should give him some leeway. I believe there is no doubt he gets another year, but a question for the supporters, is it the playoffs or do you geniuely believe he’s a good coach?

He played today like Jauron would have and that is not the first time. I don’t think we would find many who think his game desicions are solid. And even if you think that having a defensive first coach is workable, is his lauded defense, his supposed strength really that good. Remarkably easy TDS to questionable offenses, in winnable games the last two weeks and several blow outs on his record. It should be at least called into question 

Can you explain what you mean? Are you thinking he is too conservative on offense? Do you think he is directing Daboll to do certain things on offense?

I think it is foolish to blame the defense today. They played well. The offense and special teams put then in bad situations. You can't expect to stop offenses from having any drives in a game.

Plus, injuries hurt both the offense and defense.

I do believe he is a good coach. He is a detail oriented guy who obviously works hard, motivates his players, and has made it work with a supremely talent deficient roster. I want to see what he can do once we have actual talent. Next year should be a big indicator of his ability.

I think he should have 5 years minimum as head coach. Got to let him build the team the right way and let players develop.

8 minutes ago, pop gun said:

Just his 13-17 record alone suggests he is not a good coach, then throw in poor decisions in close losses and all the blowouts and no he isnt a good coach at all. 

Hue Jackson was 1-31 and got three years. 

1 minute ago, Commsvet11 said:

I would start getting comfortable with that range if I were you because that is what your going to see

8-8 would be good compared to this ***** season. I don’t care what the convenient built in excuse was for this season. Blowing a lead at home to the pathetic jets and blowing that game in Miami last week, was not part of a plan. Losers lose. You want to change the “culture” here? Stop blowing leads. Losing helps nothing

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

Can you explain what you mean? Are you thinking he is too conservative on offense? Do you think he is directing Daboll to do certain things on offense?

I think it is foolish to blame the defense today. They played well. The offense and special teams put then in bad situations. You can't expect to stop offenses from having any drives in a game.

Plus, injuries hurt both the offense and defense.

I do believe he is a good coach. He is a detail oriented guy who obviously works hard, motivates his players, and has made it work with a supremely talent deficient roster. I want to see what he can do once we have actual talent. Next year should be a big indicator of his ability.

I think he should have 5 years minimum as head coach. Got to let him build the team the right way and let players develop.

A 57 yarder with an injured kicker instead of going for it.. conservative. 1st and 10 from the 23 with Murphy as your only RB, you call 2 runs.. yes I think he is directing Daboll to play for 3, there isn’t a head coach that doesn’t take over to a degree there. And on D they played safe football and folded. Played not to lose, insanely conservative 

• Like (+1) 1

Normal sports franchises and fans know that when a Coach places confidence in a below average athlete, and a General Manager releases him, that same day; the Coach is on the hot seat.  With McDermott supporters nothing like that is possible because he brought us to the playoffs and snapped the drought so even in the face of conventional wisdom he gets a pass.  

38 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

So, throwing games for picks that’s worked out so well for taking a playoff and competitive team to the depths.  I’m glad my older brother isn’t alive to see loser mentality fans who hop abroad wanting to lose. 

If you are blaming McDermott for wrecking a playoff team, you also have to give him equal credit for building and taking that team to the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

If he survives this season first and judging by Beane cutting Peterman quickly after the presser; the GM has no faith.  

I might be okay with them moving on from Mcd and just making Daboll the HC. I don’t want Allen to have to start over. I know after last year Mcd is a made man and has no chance of getting fired...but today’s loss is sickening. Same with the Miami game. Gameday decision making is terrible. Clueless about challenges and clock management. Puzzling personnel decisions are constant. The defense gives up points in big spots all the time. We hold onto wastes to long. Peterman hung around for way to long. Crossman. KB. Sadly probably Shady although I wanted him to stay. Castillo. Clad etc...I have very little faith in this guy going forward.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’m really concerned that this guy isn’t the right guy to have here going forward. The defense folds in big spots constantly and game day management is terrible. Unless we force turnovers we lose. I’m glad everyone else is sure this tebuild will work. I just can’t get there. I am tired of seeing this team blow games that they should be wining. I don’t care about gaining 2 spots in draft position. I care about believing this team can actually win games at some point

The hallmark of every bad team the Bills fielded during the drought (which was all of them) was losing to inferior teams. I know it’s “any given Sunday”, but last two weeks looks like more of the same. They weren’t talentless all those years, but did have bad coaches.

3 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

If he survives this season first and judging by Beane cutting Peterman quickly after the presser; the GM has no faith.  

"$5k" says he survives this season unless he starts suggesting to Beane things like this ?

"Joeziehmer     32

1st Round: Bryce Love

Running back out of Stanford good speed and good body awareness and vision.

2nd Round: Sam Mustipher

Cenrer our of Notre Dame good body control and agility fighting to avoid sacks and tackles for loss at the point of attack

3rd Round: LJ Scott

Bruising running back Michigan State for short yardage situations and jumbo packages at the goal line"

13 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

8-8 would be good compared to this ***** season. I don’t care what the convenient built in excuse was for this season. Blowing a lead at home to the pathetic jets and blowing that game in Miami last week, was not part of a plan. Losers lose. You want to change the “culture” here? Stop blowing leads. Losing helps nothing

We don't WANT 8-8. When playoffs are not happening, the draft and preparing for next season is what matters. 

• Haha (+1) 1