[Incomplete Title] As an admitted McDermott detractor

cgg716

1 minute ago, mannc said:

The team was .500 under Wrex Ryan, with the best offense of the drought years—hardly a disaster, hardly a team in need of a down-to-the-studs rebuild.

*****.  You must have been watching a different team.  Both our offense and defense sucked under Ryan. 

Just now, Nextmanup said:

There are very few posters here who call it the way it is.  I agree with you about Allen.

People here are high on him b/c he makes good, exciting runs, is clearly a gamer, and definitely wants to win.  It's easy to cheer for him and want to see him succeed. 

The problem is his passing game, which isn't good.  

PS:  I think there is a chance McDermott does not get 1.5 more years.  I can see a scenario where he is let go end of next year. 

I dunno, I think Pegula gives him one more full season, and at least the start of the next. I'm not sure how much it matters tbh, when the heck will they ever have the chance to draft the QB they passed on?That's like a one in multiple decade chance they blew.

3 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Please do not tell me what I can post.  It's called an opinion.  When someone doesn't agree with you its ok.  You do not need to ask them to stop posting.  This seems to be a common theme around here. 

Did you read what I was responding to?  My post had nothing to do with defending TT. 

First of all, I wasn’t telling you what you can or cannot post, I was commenting on your post which I will do freely and as I see necessary. Also, I read your post as defending Taylor. If I’m wrong I’m wrong. But your very first sentence indicated that you were defending him. If that wasn’t the case, write more clearly the next time. Got it! Good

1 minute ago, xsoldier54 said:

Again,  not much you can do about ticky tack calls.  And as for the other 31 teams, the average number of penalties for BOTH teams combined in an NFL game is 13.  Bills had more than that themselves the past two weeks.   They were mostly bad calls.  Nobody else gets flagged as much as Buffalo and I don't believe it's because they are committing that many more penalties, they just get called more.  Jets O-Line was holding all day today.  How many calls did we get?  

It’s the NFL though. Every single team gets hosed on ticky tack calls haha. There isn’t a conspiracy for the officials to screw the Bills lol.

If anything I thought the jets got the short end of the stick today in regards to penalties

2 minutes ago, xsoldier54 said:

*****.  You must have been watching a different team.  Both our offense and defense sucked under Ryan. 

Just because you say it, diesnt make it so.  They won as many games as they lost, and that was with a horrific head coach.

Edited by mannc

I’m really concerned that this guy isn’t the right guy to have here going forward. The defense folds in big spots constantly and game day management is terrible. Unless we force turnovers we lose. I’m glad everyone else is sure this tebuild will work. I just can’t get there. I am tired of seeing this team blow games that they should be wining. I don’t care about gaining 2 spots in draft position. I care about believing this team can actually win games at some point

2 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

First of all, I wasn’t telling you what you can or cannot post, I was commenting on your post which I will do freely and as I see necessary. Also, I read your post as defending Taylor. If I’m wrong I’m wrong. But your very first sentence indicated that you were defending him. If that wasn’t the case, write more clearly the next time. Got it! Good

nope. 

Within the top 20 in NFL history in completion percentage... Culpepper, Pennington, Carr, Mariota, Schaub, Brian Griese. It’s definitely not a be all end all measurement. And he’s spent that career throwing to people who are now selling tires I’d bet

22 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Since McDermott is largely responsible for the lack of talent on the current Bills, he can't use it as an excuse.  He wanted these players because of their supposed commitment to "the process" and sent more talented players packing who allegedly didn't buy into his "vision".  I don't know exactly what the hell McDermott means by "the process", but it seems to me to include putting loyalty to "family and friends" ahead of objective talent evaluation of both assistant coaches and players.

Funny, I didn’t know McDermott was GM as well as head coach?

McD supporter here.

Did we actually want to win today?

Currently picking at 6th in the draft depending on Lions (winning atm so that won't change).

A win would have bumped us to pick 11+

If your trying to throw a game special teams isn't a bad place to do it.

** McDermott will still be head coach of the Bills in 2021. At least I hope this is the case as means we are headed in the right direction and winning.

Edited by Ned Kelly

I don't think anyone knows yet but the fact he fired his own hand picked OC after one year, and now we're looking at probably having to do the same with ST in year two suggests he might not be the right guy. He looks like a head coach, says the right things. It's clear he has a plan to build an actual team (as appose to just collecting talent). Lots to like, but between the coaching misfires, the QB stuff, and spending all that draft capital on two players,...jury is out. 

Edited by VW82
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ned Kelly said:

McD supporter here.

Did we actually want to win today?

Currently picking at 6th in the draft depending on Lions (winning atm so that won't change).

A win would have bummed us to pick 11+

If your trying to throw a game special teams isn't a bad place to do it.

So, throwing games for picks that’s worked out so well for taking a playoff and competitive team to the depths.  I’m glad my older brother isn’t alive to see loser mentality fans who hop abroad wanting to lose. 

11 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

So, throwing games for picks that’s worked out so well for taking a playoff and competitive team to the depths.  I’m glad my older brother isn’t alive to see loser mentality fans who hop abroad wanting to lose. 

You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense.

In seriousness and confident I've deciphered your post.

Yes " throwing games for picks" is a common strategy used in sporting codes across the globe.

The Buffalo Bills are a business. A high draft pick is a more important asset to the business than appeasing the likes of yourself.

Edited by Ned Kelly

2 minutes ago, VW82 said:

I don't think anyone knows yet but the fact he fired his own hand picked OC after one year, and now we're looking at probably having to do the same with ST in year two suggests he might not be the right guy. He looks like a head coach, says the right things. It's clear he has a plan to build an actual team (as appose to just collecting talent). Lots to like, but between the coaching, the QB stuff, and spending all that draft capital,...jury is out. 

I think Brandon Beane views him as expendable to such an extent he let Sean McDermott hang himself publicly on insisting that Sean had all the confidence in the world in Peterman.  Yet, logically McDermott supporters and fans of the process don’t know its a business decision and Beane doesn’t want to lose his job.  So, he’ll curry favor with ownership and the public; while trying to bring in his own guy; not just because McDermott brought him in.  Beane wants to build it and he’s realizing how clueless McDermott really is.