Hauschka's Health - Active Against Detroit as Expected; Jets' DE Anderson Fined for the Hit

2 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

No noticible reply by the Bills btw. They don't care, apparently, if their kicker gets roughed up.   Not much of a team...just athletic multimillionaires..  Just like the Jarvis Landry hit on Aaron Williams a couple of years ago...no retaliation.  When I see something in retribution, I will know that the "PROCESS" has built a TEAM.

I was thinking the same thing. I get that nobody saw the play on the Bills because it was far down the field but did the players not see Hauschka in agony on the ground? DId nobody ask what happened?  Did nobody think to get a jersey number to exact some street justice? Hauschka has been incredibly important to this team in the past two years, are these Bills players too dense to realize this?  It wasn't just Hauschka though, Allen was taking dirty and late hits left and right and his linemen don't seem to care .

3 hours ago, CowgirlsFan said:

This could be why the kickoff there in the end wasn't so good.

Kickoffs all game weren't good.

44 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Allen was taking dirty and late hits left and right and his linemen don't seem to care .

They can't seem to play either, game after game.

3 hours ago, K-9 said:

I doubt anyone saw that hit in real time when everyone’s attention, including the refs, was drawn towards the extended return of the blocked kick well upfield of the play.

Actually there was a ref in the replay that appears to be looking directly at the hit. 

Edit: as I rewatched it again perhaps he wasn’t looking directly at the hit. Hard to tell. I have to think he at least caught it in his peripheral vision, assuming they have that. 

Edited by dubs

14 minutes ago, dubs said:

Actually there was a ref in the replay that appears to be looking directly at the hit. 

Edit: as I rewatched it again perhaps he wasn’t looking directly at the hit. Hard to tell. I have to think he at least caught it in his peripheral vision, assuming they hawve that. 

Haha. When it comes to a ref and his vision, I don’t assume anything. I question whether they can see directly IN FRONT them, let alone on the periphery.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The Bills need to file a protest with the league on some of the referee calls in this game, with this at the top of the list.

The Bills need to bar that officiating crew from the stadium and if refs make bogus calls and dont call blatant penalties they should get bogus charges from Buffalo area police.  Maybe a couple grams of meth found in their possession.

9 hours ago, K-9 said:

Haha. When it comes to a ref and his vision, I don’t assume anything. I question whether they can see directly IN FRONT them, let alone on the periphery.

Honestly that dirty hit on Hauschka was like something from classic wrestling in the 80s. Ref was distracted by something near the ropes and strangely saw nothing. You would think the league would hand out a fine today.

2 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

Honestly that dirty hit on Hauschka was like something from classic wrestling in the 80s. Ref was distracted by something near the ropes and strangely saw nothing. You would think the league would hand out a fine today.

Dangerous Danny Davis?

33 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Dangerous Danny Davis?

Mr.X ?? LOL

I love the Wikipedia entry here, it covers the Jets perfectly yesterday:

"Distraction or incapacitation of the referee is usually a precursor to the villain wrestler either performing a normally illegal move without any consequence, or outside interference in the match "

• Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

No noticible reply by the Bills btw. They don't care, apparently, if their kicker gets roughed up.   Not much of a team...just athletic multimillionaires..  Just like the Jarvis Landry hit on Aaron Williams a couple of years ago...no retaliation.  When I see something in retribution, I will know that the "PROCESS" has built a TEAM.

Fully agree. Sure, send in a complaint to the league. But for the love of god, protect your teammates. There is no excuse for a lack of retaliation by the players for that and some of the hits on Josh. Failure in this area is the hallmark of a soft team. 

Also trotting an injured kicker out for a 54 yard attempt at that point in the game was inexcusable. 

8 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Fully agree. Sure, send in a complaint to the league. But for the love of god, protect your teammates. There is no excuse for a lack of retaliation by the players for that and some of the hits on Josh. Failure in this area is the hallmark of a soft team. 

Also trotting an injured kicker out for a 54 yard attempt at that point in the game was inexcusable. 

There did appear to be some sort of brawl a-brewin' when the players went into the tunnel at halftime. Players had to be restrained.

I agree that the decision to kick a 54-yarder with a clearly injured kicker (who had already decided that he needed to squib all kickoffs because of the injury) was completely mystifying. Really poor decision by McDermott. 

Edited by dave mcbride

Just now, dave mcbride said:

There did appear to be some sort of brawl a-brewin' when the players went into the tunnel at halftime. Players had to be restrained.

Good point, but it didn’t carry over to the second half. There has to be a significant shot on an equivalent or more important player. That can be legal, borderline or illegal, but it has to happen or it will continue and we will always be at a disadvantage.