Hauschka's Health - Active Against Detroit as Expected; Jets' DE Anderson Fined for the Hit

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Hauschka's Health - Day-to-Day with a Hip Injury
7 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

Mr.X ?? LOL

I love the Wikipedia entry here, it covers the Jets perfectly yesterday:

"Distraction or incapacitation of the referee is usually a precursor to the villain wrestler either performing a normally illegal move without any consequence, or outside interference in the match "

Dynamite Kid died last week

On 12/9/2018 at 4:49 PM, Binghamton Beast said:

Yet McDermott trotted him out there for a 54 yarder when everyone in the stadium could see he had been struggling....even before the hit on him.

....so now Josh will prolly assume FG, PAT & kick off duties.......add to his "one man show" repertoire.......

• Like (+1) 2

On 12/10/2018 at 11:38 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Jets' DE calls hit on Bills' Hauschka 'totally legal and fair play'

1011819682-JETS-AT-BILLS-MULVILLE-023-12

By Vic Carucci | Published December 11, 2018 | Updated December 11, 2018

Despite how it looked to those with a distinct rooting interest in the Buffalo Bills, New York Jets defensive end Henry Anderson insists his blind-side hit on Stephen Hauschka wasn't dirty.

During an appearance Tuesday on former punter Pat McAfee's show in a court-themed segment called "Attempted Murder of a Kicker," Anderson, a former teammate of McAfee's, said, "I would like to plead my case to you and say that was a totally legal and fair play."

Anderson acknowledged that he "got a lot of Bills fans coming at me saying that was a dirty play." He also has drawn negative responses from coach Sean McDermott and Hauschka's wife. After Hauschka's 49-yard field-goal attempt just before halftime was blocked, Anderson hit the kicker as the Jets tried running back the recovery. Hauschka suffered a hip injury and is listed as day to day.

"If I blocked him in the back, he would have fallen forward and on his face from it," Anderson said on the program. "The way I hit him, I hit him on the side and extended my left arm out to make him fall backward and on his butt. The block in the back is not true because … he wasn’t falling forward at all."

"When the guy who picked up the fumble reversed field, he started angling toward the ball carrier and started positioning himself," Anderson said. "He wasn’t in a dead sprint or anything, but he was working his way to cut him off and to try to make the tackle. I saw that and I know as a defensive player, the defensive coaches always tell you that the kickers are kind of under the same umbrella as quarterbacks. If they are trying to stay out of the play, you’re not supposed to tough them because they are protected by the rules. If they start making their way and positioning themselves to make a play on the ball, they are fair game and you can hit them.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

On 12/11/2018 at 12:24 AM, CowgirlsFan said:

I swear something happened before the Miami game.  He was off then. 

the jinx of people on here crowing about how he is the best kicker in the NFL a few days before that game... :(

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Hauschka's Health - Day-to-Day with a Hip Injury; Jet's DE Anderson Fined for the Hit
  • 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Hauschka's Health - Day-to-Day with a Hip Injury; Jets' DE Anderson Fined for the Hit

So much for the Jets player’s claim that the hit was legal. Anyone watching knew that it wasn’t. The old quote about not blocking them if you can see the numbers on the back of their jersey still holds true. Should have been penalized during the game for sure.