Hauschka's Health - Active Against Detroit as Expected; Jets' DE Anderson Fined for the Hit

34 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

See that Dawkins got a fine 20,054.00 for the illegal chop-block, intentional or not I am ok with that - dangerous play.

Skrine got the same level of fine as Dawkins for a late hit on Josh Allen, I am surprised Skrine did not get more because he has been fined several times this year - perhaps that is the maximum. If it were the NHL he would have been suspended after so many fines, but is what it is.

The Jets took out our kicker, and made a point to try to injure Allen, if that does not fire up the Bills next time we face those clowns then nothing will.

On 12/10/2018 at 10:24 AM, BarleyNY said:

Fully agree. Sure, send in a complaint to the league. But for the love of god, protect your teammates. There is no excuse for a lack of retaliation by the players for that and some of the hits on Josh. Failure in this area is the hallmark of a soft team.

So, a teammate who doesn't see the hit, should run up to an opposing player (any player) 15 seconds later to "make him pay" for something that might have happened?   Got it.

Edited by BillnutinHouston
X

On 12/10/2018 at 10:32 AM, dave mcbride said:

There did appear to be some sort of brawl a-brewin' when the players went into the tunnel at halftime. Players had to be restrained.

I agree that the decision to kick a 54-yarder with a clearly injured kicker (who had already decided that he needed to squib all kickoffs because of the injury) was completely mystifying. Really poor decision by McDermott. 

Has this been confirmed - I was under the assumption the squib kick was because of the weather and the fact that the NYJ return game had been gouging them all game.

I never heard hem say the injury was the reason.

2 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Has this been confirmed - I was under the assumption the squib kick was because of the weather and the fact that the NYJ return game had been gouging them all game.

I never heard hem say the injury was the reason.

The ball wasn't carrying in the weather for either kicker and you are right about them trying to counteract Roberts on the KO returns. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The ball wasn't carrying in the weather for either kicker and you are right about them trying to counteract Roberts on the KO returns. 

I agree and thought they had squibbed one prior to the injury or at least short kicked it.

16 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

So, a teammate who doesn't see the hit, should run up to an opposing player (any player) 15 seconds later to "make him pay" for something that might have happened?   Got it.

Never said that and I certainly would not do it that way.  Players have to protect their teammates when the referees don't though.  A similar hit on one of their kickers would let them know we won't put up with that garbage.  Cheap hits like that cost teams games - and not just the one they're playing in.  Taking them and not giving them back is often referred to as "being someone's B word".  Feel free to write a strongly worded letter to the league and see where that gets you.

Edit: I love that this site autocorrected to B word 

Edited by BarleyNY

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Hauschka's Health - Active Against Detroit as Expected; Jets' DE Anderson Fined for the Hit