[Please Change Title] This is a loss I can deal with

WMDman

43 minutes ago, WMDman said:

Allen played well, sucks his line and receivers won’t help him out and it improves outlet draft position, the season has been over guys losing to the jets isn’t a big deal

I hear you, but I am never ok with a loss when the game was there for us to win.  This season losses are mitigated by the thought, "at least we will get a better draft pick". I hope this is the last year for a while where our draft position is the most positive outcome for the season.

1 minute ago, BillsRdue said:

No loss is a loss I can deal with. I don't like to settle for losing anything. When you lose, you pick yourself up and find a way to win.

Winning in draft pick department.

1 minute ago, Another Fan said:

Yeah took a walk after the game and feel better.  I think it was the cheap shots the Jets players took during the game which made the loss harder to take then it should have for me 

There was soo many cheap shots.

13 minutes ago, VW82 said:

I see your point. He didn't get much help today. I'm critical because the things he isn't good at are things you need from your QB in order to be a good offense. He's bringing so much to table, but he's also taking things off. I keep hearing the accuracy will improve if we just put a team around him. I don't think it works like that. He's doing enough right now to be intriguing though. Very tantalizing player. 

I don't think his accuracy is ever going to improve much from where it is now. I have seen progress on short throws, he only missed one of those today. But he will never have elite accuracy like Brees and Brady if that's what you mean. The hope with Allen is that his positive traits will be elite enough to make up for that. His elite arm strength, his ability to shrug off sacks, his mobility. He is accurate enough if he can be consistent in those other parts of his game. His stats and production will get better if we get a real offense around him.

Right now I think his bigger issue is reading defenses and making timing throws. I think that is the hardest thing to project for QBs coming out of college. If he develops in that area we'll really have something. When I watch Mahomes play he does not have elite ball placement. His receivers have to adjust to a lot of passes. He also forces things. But he has become a master of reading defenses and finding the open receiver. There's nothing Mahomes is doing that Allen can't do IF he can learn to read the field better than he is now.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, VW82 said:

I think you can. We've seen him get good protection and have guys open. He's just missing guys. If anything, he seems to play his best when the pocket breaks down. 

Upgrading the offensive line and receivers will make a difference in the number of explosive plays. We might even be able to get Josh's completion percentage up to 60% with a good team around him, but new lineman and receivers don't help you become more accurate. Allen needs to overcome those struggles if we're ever going to be good.  

We can get his completion percentage up, he needs a couple pass catching RBs and an OL. Then he'll be 63-65% guaranteed. He makes enough big plays a game, it's just the chess match in the red zone and 10yds underneath the D that he could use to work at in the offseason.

• Thank you (+1) 1

funny. Allen was 18 for 36 (literally 50%),  206 yds. Zero passing TDs, two interceptions and a fumble (during yet another run). Allen did plenty to contribute to this loss. take the blinders off.

1 minute ago, 87168 said:

funny. Allen was 18 for 36 (literally 50%),  206 yds. Zero passing TDs, two interceptions and a fumble (during yet another run). Allen did plenty to contribute to this loss. take the blinders off.

Today Allen had some really nice plays and really bad ones. I liked that since he came back the OC can put Allen in the shotgun and he can read defense and pick an important 1st down. That interception on 1st and forever was really a bad decision, but overall I think he's progressing.

He needs to take better care of the football, no doubt.

This team is just learning how to lose. How can anyone be happy with blowing a 2 possession lead at home to a team that had lost 6 games in a row? Losing this game does nothing positive. This coach will still be here and his defense blew another late lead. What part of building should be choking away leads to bad teams? 

1 hour ago, WMDman said:

Allen played well, sucks his line and receivers won’t help him out and it improves outlet draft position, the season has been over guys losing to the jets isn’t a big deal

Couldn't agree more. 

Draft: OL,WR,OL,WR,OL,RB

Fire Crossman 

Release Clay and thank Shady for his dedication to Buffalo. 

Sometimes I watch that OL and think the entire mess should be blown up, including Dawkins.  

Can all of them really be that bad - or is it the coaching?

I wish we'd reassign Castillo to the laundry room right now to clean the grass stains off Miller's ass,

just so we could see whether a different coach could make a difference in the performance of the OL

Otherwise, it looks like 5 of the higher picks need to go to the OL

7 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Huh?

He failed to complete half his passes, threw for 206 yards, and turned the ball over 3 times.

His performance is a big part of why we lost.

Sure his runs are nice and his 101 rushing yards count just as much as other yards, but overall it was not winning QB play.

Troll. The first half did he fail to throw half is passes? hmm? no. Our team failed HIM!! he shouldn't have to do everything.

Offensive line sucked

Most of WR/TE sucked

Special teams CO should be fired!

Defense was average!

the kid showed he can connect every throw. Get some people around him then come back and spew this garbage.

7 hours ago, Virgil said:

It wasn’t that he threw interceptions, it’s the decision to make those terrible throws in the first place 

I have a feeling many of us would suffer a brain flatulent or 2, and get altogether skittish behind that sieve of a line throwing “lookout” blocks all day—as you rightly pointed out earlier they had a dud of a day, especially the interior. How does Mills still collect pay for his game day disappearing act?

7 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

No loss is a loss I can deal with. I don't like to settle for losing anything. When you lose, you pick yourself up and find a way to win.

I definitely agree and today should’ve been a W. But I love that JA hates losing and this will probably motivate him even more to get the little things right that lead to sustained improvement at his position 

Did Allen play well? He had like a 44% passer rating. 200 yards, 2 int, no TD (passing). The Jets shut down his running in the 2nd half. 

I admit, it was probably enough to win, but this is the worst he’s looked in 3 games. I think were gonna want more. 

8 hours ago, WMDman said:

Allen played well, sucks his line and receivers won’t help him out and it improves our draft position, the season has been over guys losing to the jets isn’t a big deal

Edited by Idandria

9 hours ago, Idandria said:

The Jets shut down his running in the 2nd half. 

I think it's more that he didn't take the chances he took to run in the first half. He tried to win with his arm, but received no help. Yes the Jets put a faster guy on him, but Daboll devised no set bootlegs, RPO's or runs for Allen in the second half. We had no run game and the OL was terrible. Josh needed to run more and he didn't.

17 hours ago, 87168 said:

How many passes did his receivers drop?  How was the running game?  How was the protection?  The facts are he was a one-man offense yesterday.