Officiating Call of year just happened!

If you weren't convinced that the NFL officiating is the biggest joke of all the major sports. Just watch the replay of the opening kickoff in the Dallas Philli game. The Dallas returner clearly fumbles before he is down. 3 Eagles players recover the ball but because the player who recovered the ball used his legs to squeeze the ball into his possession. They GIVE THE BALL TO DALLAS. Why? because as the ref says, "there is no clear recovery on the play"!! 3 Eagles players around the ball no cowboy on the ball or contesting it and no clear recovery. Just mindboggling !

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Livinginthepast said:

If you weren't convinced that the NFL officiating is the biggest joke of all the major sports. Just watch the replay of the opening kickoff in the Dallas Philli game. The Dallas returner clearly fumbles before he is down. 3 Eagles players recover the ball but because the player who recovered the ball used his legs to squeeze the ball into his possession. They GIVE THE BALL TO DALLAS. Why? because as the ref says, "there is no clear recovery on the play"!! 3 Eagles players around the ball no cowboy on the ball or contesting it and no clear recovery. Just mindboggling !

the refs are too damn old. and im saying this as an old guy. refs should be in their 30s...with maybe the head ref in his 40s

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Tcali said:

the refs are too damn old. and im saying this as an old guy. refs should be in their 30s...with maybe the head ref in his 40s

I don't care how old or young the ref is. just get the call right.

There was no call on the initial fumble, refs didn't appear to see it. Then they looked at it on replay after Pedersen challenged. On the replay you could clearly see the fumble and the Eagles recovery. But it was the idiotic rationale for not overturning the call that really got me.  Then the ref in the Fox booth also amazingly agrees with the on field ref's bizarre decision as if it was obviously correct.  But I guess the refs can see better than an HD camera can!

1 hour ago, Livinginthepast said:

Refs are horrible.

there were plenty of bad calls and non calls that should have been in the Bills game. I saw a clear late hit out of bounds and the ref was staring right at it and never calledit?? Mind boggling, what is he even looking at??

The same crew just followed up with another doozy of a call where they called the Eagles receiver for offensive pass interference and it wiped out a TD.  There was absolutely no interference at all on the play, just an imagined foul called by the back judge. Interestingly enough the same Eagles receiver who was called on the penalty was hit twice on the same play by Dbs who hit him helmet to helmet and the refs saw nothing! It just amazes me that these guys are the best they got to do this job.

• Like (+1) 4

The announcers kept asking for Terry McCauley's opinion and he was disagreeing with the calls on the field.  TE inadvertently runs into DB near the line of scrimmage and catches the ball for a long TD but the refs called it offensive pass interference .

What about the blatant hold on the Bills DT on the Jets winning TD run? You even see Harrison Phillips (#99) throw his arms up and look at the refs, as the OL had his arm AROUND HIS WAIST, preventing him from getting to the runner.

Yes, we all know 99% of offensive linemen hold every play, but they're usually pretty discreet about it. This was blatant, and right out there in the open. It's sickening, but I guess the NFL just doesn't care.