Does Frazier know what a blitz is?

Billever76

Frazier is known for his "SAFE" cover two scheme's..rarely does he ever send the pressure..he prefers to keep everything in front of him...I think a more aggressive approach with who we have as players on defense would benefit us greatly ..I've never been a fan of the cover 2 as your base defense..it gets exploited if your front 4 can't consistently get pressure

3 minutes ago, Pbomb said:

You need to blitz a rookie qb on the road. I agree this was terrible defensive play calling today. Darnold didn’t get hit at all

that.  And Williams looking old. 

Add to it that Darnold had no RB help, you NEED to blitz him.  Esp. when you have a good secondary.  

• Like (+1) 1

To just let a rookie QB who hasn't played in a long time sit back in a clean poket all damn game is reason enough to can Frazier...god I want him out of Buffalo...our defense is decent in SPITE of Frazier

Edited by Billever76
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

To just let a rookie QB who hasn't played in a long time sit back in a clean poket all damn game is reason enough to can Frazier...god I want him out of Buffalo...our defense is decent in SPITE of Frazier

agreed.... frazier is a wanstandt guy. we need schwartz  or pettine...or greggo. hate to say it but mcd gave the d back to leslie and shouldn't have. on the other side...mills has gotta go!

• Like (+1) 2

We need Frazier out of here next year .he is a liability and he sucks..his players have bailed his tired scheme out time and time again...we need a DC who has balls and takes it to their opponent..Frazier prefers to sit back and let offenses dictate the game..his regurgitated lovie Smith/Tony Dungy philosophies are outdated 

• Like (+1) 1

No doubt the Bills needed to blitz more, but where was McDermott in this game?  Two weeks in a row the defense has given up a game-winning TD in the 4th quarter. 

The team has invested heavily in the defense the last two seasons.  They have a DC with a ton of NFL experience, and they have a defensive-minded head coach.  But they can't protect a lead against a rookie QB at home?

We all know that the Bills do not have an NFL caliber O-line, and that their RBs all have AARP cards, and that the WRs can't separate or catch, but the defense should be able to be the difference in a close game.

1 hour ago, Billever76 said:

Go back and watch every game since he has been here..if we don't get pressure from our front 4 he refuses to make adjustments and send another rusher..his tampon 2 defense needs to go!..I can't stand his conservative approach to defense

the defensive system works but could have used more selective blitzes today, like we have been doing.

• Haha (+1) 1

I think Frazier can blitz and scheme aggressively, though only when a fire has been lit under him.  His default is a conservative, twenty-plus year old style of defense.  I'd like to see Frazier stunt the D line to take advantage of blocking scheme and O linemen weakness in the other team; I don't recall seeing him even do this.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1