Week 14: Bills vs. Jets Postgame

14 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I can't agree that the Bills D was "plenty good enough." At home, against the second worst offense in the NFL and the worst red zone offense, they gave up 27 points, 3 out of 4 TDs in the red zone and the game tying and game winning drives in the 4th quarter.

Just now, entropyrules said:

I hope this doesn't turn out to be the case but Allen reminds me a lot of Jeff George only with better wheels. That guy had a gun for an arm but was totally erratic in his play-having one great game them several so-so games and then a couple of awful games..maybe by mid season next year he'll end up a bit more consistent. Right now though Mayfield and Darnold look like the real deal and the two Joshs are mostly question marks

If you think Allen's attitude is anything like George's, you're delusional. 

Only thing George was good at was rocking a mullet. 

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Im sorry but it’s true.

he learns nothing and does not grow by running.  He simply avoids the type of the plays that QBs need to learn how to make at the highest level.

Maybe several more L’s will make you see it.

I do agree with you on the running hurting his development part, but a lot of this can be attributed to the lack of surrounding talent. I would much rather see him pass more, god knows we don’t need Tyrod 2.0, but until he gets a better OL, we’re gonna see a lot of running 

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

Sounds like you haven’t watched any Jets games.    He’s been pretty brutal 

Yeah, at this point it's Mayfield and everyone else. Although I think the other guys have all shown flashes and could make the jump next season.

2 minutes ago, entropyrules said:

I hope this doesn't turn out to be the case but Allen reminds me a lot of Jeff George only with better wheels. That guy had a gun for an arm but was totally erratic in his play-having one great game them several so-so games and then a couple of awful games..maybe by mid season next year he'll end up a bit more consistent. Right now though Mayfield and Darnold look like the real deal and the two Joshs are mostly question marks

All due respect, this take is short sighted. In his eight starts, Allen has demonstrated more heart, desire, and love for the game than Jeff George did in his entire career. And George NEVER came close to possessing the kind of infectious fire that Allen inspires in his teammates. The ONLY similarity they share, as you point out, is a cannon arm. But Allen has a better head for the game as a rookie than George ever did. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Allen had 0 help outside of Foster.  If he had Landry, Chubb, etc...Allen would look like Mayfield out there too.  That said, Hue Jackson was really holding Cleveland back.  They're playing much better without him, and look like an actual NFL team with Gregg.

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

You mean the guy leading the league in INTs?

Not only that, the Bills defense got no sacks and very little pressure on Darnold. It was like both Crossman and Frazier are vying for McD's job and think by having their players stink up the field they can get him fired so they get the job.

Both the Bills defense and special teams took 5 steps backwards from that first Jets game and aside from Allen the Bills had no run game to speak of... Allen had more yards then McCoy, Ivory, McKenzie, Murphy all combined. 

Don't get me started on the Bills O line...

2 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

that is definitely true I have not watched any jets games with Darnold in so perhaps its just Mayfield and all the rest are ?s But he certainly looked better than Allen today..I guess I am easily fooled by a QB who can take a team down the field in the last 2 minutes and win the game.

I do want Allen to succeed but watching him makes me highly skeptical as to his ceiling. he'll get the Bills to the palyoffs (I think/hope) but i just think a really good coach like Bellicheat will exploit his weaknesses in a major way

39 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

Everybody knows that you don’t toss the  ball in the middle of the field while your getting chased to the sidelines

Darnold did the exact same thing. Like, a carbon copy. It's almost like they're rookies. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

GAME RECAP: Bills fall to the Jets 27-23

loia3gvf0bbey3tp00jb.jpg

Regular season records: Buffalo (4-9), New York (4-9)

In a nutshell:
Though the offense moved the ball and the defense was stout, the Bills dropped their Week 14 matchup with the Jets by a score of 27-23.

Josh Allen impressed with his legs for the third consecutive week, rushing for 101 yards on nine carries in addition to passing for 206 yards. Allen’s production more than made up for the absence of LeSean McCoy, who went down early in the game with a hamstring injury.

Isaiah McKenzie also made an impact on offense, reeling in four passes for 47 yards. He also rushed for 22 yards and one score.

The typically-sound Buffalo defense was strong until the final drive, limiting New York to just 250 net yards. Tremaine Edmunds led the way defensively, totaling eight tackles and one interception.

With the loss, the Bills fell to 4-9 on the season.

9 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Exactly. I pick up a NY Post every Friday, and they’ve been highly critical of SD. Most of their staff were picking the Bills today.