Matt Milano Leg Injury

wppete

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

You know it doesn't have to be that "all or nothing" B.S.

You can point out where the refs made multiple bad calls, as they did, and it doesn't mean you are blaming the loss on them.

All 32 teams fans swear they got ripped off by the refs today

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Can a player come back and play at the same level as before the injury? 

Tough to do that, getting over the mental holdback is hard as well

8 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

lol all of these armchair doctors taking out of their ass ITT

Sports fans speculating?

You can’t believe it?

With three games left, "season ending" would not be any kind of a shock.  Hopefully, whatever medical treatment is required will happen quickly , and he can come back as good as new in training camp.  Comparisons with Alex Smith don't hold water IMO.  Alex Smith developed an infection post injury. that is the complicating factor that has the potential to end his career.  There's no reason to think the same thing is likely to happen to Milano.

3 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

With three games left, "season ending" would not be any kind of a shock.  Hopefully, whatever medical treatment is required will happen quickly , and he can come back as good as new in training camp.  Comparisons with Alex Smith don't hold water IMO.  Alex Smith developed an infection post injury. that is the complicating factor that has the potential to end his career.  There's no reason to think the same thing is likely to happen to Milano.

Less infection from turf

3 hours ago, Agent 91 said:

I... feel... you!!! It really wasn't gruesome to the eye... a la Napoleon Kaufman Willis McGahee. But it definitely could be  tendon or ligament... 

I can relate more to ankle twists than shattering both leg bones or tearing multiple ligaments in the knee

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

I can relate more to ankle twists than shattering both leg bones or tearing multiple ligaments in the knee

Lol I was looking at my heel with my kneecap where my knee joint used to be... only broken in 3 places after coming down from blocking a shot. So Alex Smith Joe Theismann... hell even Cadets ankle last year was tough.

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Just re-watched. There was a blatant hold on Milano on the play, which didn’t allow him to turn toward Darnold and caused the injury.

Saw that in the replay during the game. Clear hold.

41 minutes ago, Agent 91 said:

Lol I was looking at my heel with my kneecap where my knee joint used to be... only broken in 3 places after coming down from blocking a shot. So Alex Smith Joe Theismann... hell even Cadets ankle last year was tough.

Patella fxs no joke expect that they wrapped and k wired it.  Ankle fx and dislocations are a pain because of all the ligament tears.  The rest depends on if it was just the distal fibula  or it included the medial distal tibia.  They can plate and screw both sided, but the tibia is weight bearing and can take longer to heal.   Tore and chip fx might right one running track in high school.  Rolled it pretty bad.  Best thing that helped me gain strength and flexibility back in it was ice skating.  Helped break down the scar tissue too.

Edited by North Buffalo

3 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Patella fxs no joke expect that they wrapped and k wired it.  Ankle fx and dislocations are a pain because of all the ligament tears.  The rest depends on if it was just the distal fibula  or it included the medial distal tibia.  They can plate and screw both sided, but the tibia is weight bearing and can take longer to heal.   Tore and chip fx might right one running track in high school.  Rolled it pretty bad.  Best thing that helped me gain strength and flexibility back in it was ice skating.  Helped break down the scar tissue too.

Man sounds like you bit it at some point too. After the physical is back there is a mental hurdle I never could clear.

5 minutes ago, Agent 91 said:

Man sounds like you bit it at some point too. After the physical is back there is a mental hurdle I never could clear.

Fin training run on Buffalo sidewalks... wasn't my smartest move... but I was a teenager back then... dumb and stupid... Had to have it casted.  Ironically slipped on some ice last winter stretching same ankle out.  Had a buddy x-ray when I went into work.  He said I think you fractured your ankle... told him that wasn't where it hurt.  But the chip from high school is still there lol, that was what he was pointing to..

Edited by North Buffalo

4 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Fin training run on Buffalo sidewalks... wasn't my smartest move... but I was a teenager back then... dumb and stupid... Had to have it casted.  Ironically slipped on some ice last winter stretching same ankle out.  Had a buddy x-ray when I went into work.  He said I think you fractured your ankle... told him that wasn't where it hurt.  But the chip from high school is still there lol, that was what he was pointing to..

If I could only go back lol

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Agent 91 said:

In my 50s I am so grateful I did little damage below the waist during my high school and university sports years.  Shoulders are another matter, but that doesn’t effect basic mobility.

Edited by row_33