Matt Milano Leg Injury

wppete

23 minutes ago, cd1 said:

Doubt it is broken as they did not stabilize it and hanging off the end of the cart like that would be unbearable pain.

IMHO

I suspect that it IS broken, just by seeing how he landed.  He put no pressure on it while helped to the cart and, according to a previous post, hopped off the x/ray machine with his shoe off(indicating swelling and pain).

The ‘fire’ that shoots thru a broken bone usually only occurs when put pressure one put pressure on it or tries to move.  (I once went 3 days with an “injured” wrist, in agony only when I tried to use it - finally went to the hospital, where they informed me it was broken, and inserted a plate and 8 screws.)

I hope that Milano, the “Guido Torpedo” as we call him here in his neighborhood, will be fine, and that it’s just a high ankle sprain - but I fear worse.

JMO

Edited by The Senator

4 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Yep.. Refs fault we lost.  Always is.  Should be 13-0

You know it doesn't have to be that "all or nothing" B.S.

You can point out where the refs made multiple bad calls, as they did, and it doesn't mean you are blaming the loss on them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

22 minutes ago, cd1 said:

Doubt it is broken as they did not stabilize it and hanging off the end of the cart like that would be unbearable pain.

IMHO

I hope you're right, but your foot does not bend that way. It was litterally facing the wrong direction. Maybe his ankles are Made of rubber 

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

I hope you're right, but your foot does not bend that way. It was litterally facing the wrong direction. Maybe his ankles are Made of rubber 

Well, maybe - BUT...

If it was broken in "the wrong direction" it likely would have stayed in a very ugly direction.

time will tell 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Augie said:

I actually kept blinking or turning my head and never really saw it. I guess I’m thankful for that. Hope he’s fine in the long run. 

I... feel... you!!! It really wasn't gruesome to the eye... a la Napoleon Kaufman Willis McGahee. But it definitely could be  tendon or ligament... 

15 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Yep.. Refs fault we lost.  Always is.  Should be 13-0

If you can watch that game claiming they were "fair and unbiased" I want a pair of the glasses you wear. :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Can a player come back and play at the same level as before the injury? 

Same injury Ron Darby had last year. Pretty common.  No reason you can’t return at same level. Actually the timing on it was good, relatively speaking.  I would expect him to be out for spring but back for regular TC. It’s a 3 month rehab (can be shorter) then sport specific training can start. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Same injury Ron Darby had last year. Pretty common.  No reason you can’t return at same level. Actually the timing on it was good, relatively speaking.  I would expect him to be out for spring but back for regular TC. It’s a 3 month rehab (can be shorter) then sport specific training can start. 

Amount of nerve damage is a major factor.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

You know it doesn't have to be that "all or nothing" B.S.

You can point out where the refs made multiple bad calls, as they did, and it doesn't mean you are blaming the loss on them.

Seemed to me like if anything the Jets got screwed more than the Bills today. Could be wrong but they definitely had a couple questionable personal fouls

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

I agree.

Betting ligaments all around the ankle...done either way for the season. Takes a long while to heal just to be able to just take your weight, not to mention the kind of change of direction you need at his position.

Delanie walker has surgery on dislocated ankle/fracture in September and they are talking about him possibly returning before the end of the season, it’s typically a 3 month recovery and then return to football activity. Milano will have 7+ months before TC, ice up son. 

• Like (+1) 1