Matt Milano Leg Injury

wppete

The season is done sans more evaluating of new/fringe players in advance of a most promising off season ahead. Milano is lock on this team, likely already a priority to sign a 2nd contract. Aside from a few more live plays of experience, we don’t need to see more of him these last 3 weeks for future consideration. I’m relieved he should be completely healed quickly.

Does it derail a possible Pro Bowl bid? Do you really care? 

Get well soon, Matt!

54 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He had surgery today for broken fibula per McD. Similar to Bodine’s injury.

Well he's screwed (& nailed with a plate).

Screwed is what I affectionately named my post-op x-ray jpg.

Injuries suck, he should be able to recover fine.

Edited by Uncle Joe

27 minutes ago, billsfan5121 said:

Not that all breaks are the same but I broke my fibula, surgery wasn’t needed, and I was walking again in the normal 6 weeks.  I’m also not an athlete so I guess I just needed to walk, not run, hit, etc.  Regardless, since Milano needed surgery, clearly his was worse.  I hope he’s back for TC. 

Depends on how the break was.  I broke my radius just above the wrist skiing a few years ago.  Wasn't a terrible break, but the angle of the bone had changed enough where they had to put in plates and screws.  Surgery sucked, but I was back at it faster than if I'd have had a simple cast. 

17 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

?

After the game, Matt’s parents were in a bar/restaurant that I frequent, probably coming from the hospital.

His mom came in tonight to pick up a take out order - apparently she stayed here to take care of him while he recuperates -  she laughed out loud when we told her we had nicknamed him the “ Guido Torpedo”!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Every injury is of course serious. Especially when you are a professional athlete dependent on your body's health for your very income. But it would have been far, far worse to suffer an ACL injury especially at this point, so late in the season. And as pointed out already, the fibula is the "non-weight bearing" of the two leg bones. Could have been a whole lot worse.

The Bills have been pretty fortunate in avoiding some of these career ending injuries. Knock-on-wood that their luck continues in this regard in the future.

Edited by DefenseWins
mispelling

Tough break - literally, but prob the better of how bad it could have been...was worried more about ligament tears. Those slow-mo replays made me cringe, but I couldn't look away.

Wishing Matt a speedy recovery.

I thought Ivory looked like he may have dislocated his shoulder, but no news yet for us armchair doctors:)

Edited by WideNine

9 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Tough break - literally, but prob the better of how bad it could have been...was worried more about ligament tears. Those slow-mo replays made me cringe, but I couldn't look away.

Wishing Matt a speedy recovery.

I thought Ivory looked like he may have dislocated his shoulder, but no news yet for us armchair doctors:)

Ivory is day-to-day per McDermott

• Like (+1) 1

Buffalo Bills lose Matt Milano for season; LeSean McCoy, Chris Ivory cause concern

The Bills are suddently in a world of hurt.

By Matt Warren 

on December 10, 2018 5:20 pm

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2018/12/10/18135122/buffalo-bills-lose-matt-milano-for-season-lesean-mccoy-chris-ivory-cause-concern

https://amp.democratandchronicle.com/amp/2267364002

Buffalo Bills linebacker Matt Milano suffered broken leg, is out for season. ... ORCHARD PARK – For the bulk of this season, the Bills have been one of the healthiest teams in the NFL. ..

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

7 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think Stanford can play will. Technically, Corey Thompson is the next Will backer up. We likely see a lot more Lorax off the ball and lot of Raphael Bush as well. Richard Jarvis is on our practice squad. The best free agent is probably Marquis Flowers, former Bengal and Patriot. You've former Dolphin and Falcon Jordan Tripp as a FA.

Practice squad wise, there are some interesting guys on other teams-

Xavier Woodson Luster - (knows the system) Browns

Brandon Chubb (Bradley's brother) - Panthers 

Josh Woods - Bears 

Chris Worley former OSU - Bengals

Brady Sheldon (interesting guy from Ferris State) - Packers

Kyle Wilson - Chargers

James Burgess - Dolphins

Matthew Thomas (FSU)- Steelers

Josh Carraway (TCU) - Redskins

That's all I got. 

I know it's bad taste to quote myself, but quick note about my guy Brady Sheldon from Ferris State...ran a 4.47 forty at 6-5, 230 pounds. Can play off the ball and on the line. Could potentially be a Lorax replacement sitting on the Packers practice squad. 

I also really liked Carraway and Burgess during draft time. We probably replace from within but there are some good players out there. 

Marquis Flowers probably makes the most sense as a bulked up former safety who ran 4.51 and has a good amount of NFL experience. 

• Like (+1) 2