Matt Milano Leg Injury

wppete

8 hours ago, row_33 said:

In my 50s I am so grateful I did little damage below the waist during my high school and university sports years.  Shoulders are another matter, but that doesn’t effect basic mobility.

I always said I didnt want to break or dislocate fingers or my ankle. And I will always say breaks are often better for rehab than ligament tendon tears or dislocations. Shoulders are tough too. You need those to do way more than most think.

22 minutes ago, Agent 91 said:

I always said I didnt want to break or dislocate fingers or my ankle. And I will always say breaks are often better for rehab than ligament tendon tears or dislocations. Shoulders are tough too. You need those to do way more than most think.

i'm an expert at finding trigger points every day

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Hopefully Stanford, but he is listed as the backup MLB.  But he looked good and rangy filling-in for Edmunds earlier. 

Here is the official depth chart: https://www.buffalobills.com/team/depth-chart

I think Stanford can play will. Technically, Corey Thompson is the next Will backer up. We likely see a lot more Lorax off the ball and lot of Raphael Bush as well. Richard Jarvis is on our practice squad. The best free agent is probably Marquis Flowers, former Bengal and Patriot. You've former Dolphin and Falcon Jordan Tripp as a FA.

Practice squad wise, there are some interesting guys on other teams-

Xavier Woodson Luster - (knows the system) Browns

Brandon Chubb (Bradley's brother) - Panthers 

Josh Woods - Bears 

Chris Worley former OSU - Bengals

Brady Sheldon (interesting guy from Ferris State) - Packers

Kyle Wilson - Chargers

James Burgess - Dolphins

Matthew Thomas (FSU)- Steelers

Josh Carraway (TCU) - Redskins

That's all I got. 

Not that all breaks are the same but I broke my fibula, surgery wasn’t needed, and I was walking again in the normal 6 weeks.  I’m also not an athlete so I guess I just needed to walk, not run, hit, etc.  Regardless, since Milano needed surgery, clearly his was worse.  I hope he’s back for TC. 

Edited by billsfan5121

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He had surgery today for broken fibula per McD. Similar to Bodine’s injury.

I was thinking the leg might be broken because on the cart going out, his leg had some curve to it that a leg normally doesn't have going up the shin

5 minutes ago, billsfan5121 said:

Not that all breaks are the same but I broke my fibula, surgery wasn’t needed, and I was walking again in the normal 6 weeks.  I’m also not an athlete so I guess I just needed to walk, not run, hit, etc.  Regardless, since Milano needed surgery, clearly his was worse.  I hope he’s back for TC. 

They almost always have surgery on it to ensure it heals properly and cleanly whether they actually do or not...

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

Obviously awful news but better than a knee. He'll be fine.

It's the fibula, i.e. the non-weight bearing lower leg bone.  Barring anything crazy, he'll be fine and ready by training camp.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Why did it take 24 hours to acknowledge what pretty much everyone saw?  Geez knew Alex Smith's break in under 2 hours......  

Was McD playing games with the Lions?

Wait for initial swelling to reduce, if it will?

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

THAT is encouraging. Terrible loss for the team and a setback for this young man, but glad to hear it’s not TOO long term. Somehow I actually missed seeing the gruesome part, but based on reaction here I’m glad I did! 

• Like (+1) 1