For the trade down club.....

So much has to happen yet before the draft to even guess what will happen.

1st where do the Bills land in pick order.

Bills re-signings and cuts.

Free Agency.

Player and/or Pick trades/swaps.

Draft day pick trades.

How the Bills final board looks BPA v remaining needs.

For me it's just too many variables.

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

It is as pressing a need as any on offense. Our two best pass rushers will be 36 and 31 going into next season, Shaq is playig well but is a limited rusher, Trent Murphy will likely be cut and is constantly hurt.

The first part youre probably correct.

The second part I think he will continue to improve now thst he figured it out.

The third.... Wow, just wow, you really think that.  Aint happenin.

6 hours ago, PeterDude said:

BPA or trade down, NEVER trade up unless you know WTF you are doing, it's clear this FO has no clue about trading up, so just don't do it.

You seem clueless dude.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I’m all about BPA this year.  We can certainly use any of the following with our first pick:  

Pass Rush

Corner opposite Tre

Offenive Lineman

True #1 WR

There will certainly be an elite prospect at one of those positions when we pick.  Personally I think it will be pass rush or a WR.  

Im also very on board with a trade down though if there are several guys they like and grade out close and feel they can get one and still pickup some extra picks.  If we trade down, I would prefer to stay in top 15 if we can and pick up at least another 2nd or more depending how far we moved.

42 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think we should trade down....maybe even twice.

A offensive linemen or a wide receiver that can help us is going to fall........pass rush....protection....running back....tight end.....corner depth.....all needed

I'm fine with BPA or trading down.

John from Rverside, trading down twice would be a good idea as well. Let's get rich in Day 2 draft picks, we could use all that we can get.

Yes, our offense is in dire need of help(C, OG, WR, TE), but we need help on defense too(DE, LB).

My hope is that we go offensive heavy in free agency, then go 50/50 on offense and defense in the draft.

Depending on where we end up picking.  For me it is BPA for any position that doesnt line up under center.

However, unless Im looking at a future HOF I trade a top 5 pick.  6-10 he needs to be a perenial ProBowler or I trade down. 10-15 I likely trade only if I can line up with a probowler that meets a need otherwise BPA at that pick.

If I can get a probowl caliber player at a position of need without mortgaging the future.  I trade up.  If hes a HOF caliber at a position of need and there isnt good depth in the draft I trade up into the top 5.

4 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I'm fine with BPA or trading down.

John from Rverside, trading down twice would be a good idea as well. Let's get rich in Day 2 draft picks, we could use all that we can get.

Yes, our offense is in dire need of help(C, OG, WR, TE), but we need help on defense too(DE, LB).

My hope is that we go offensive heavy in free agency, then go 50/50 on offense and defense in the draft.

The problem with that is we need impact players.  I would rather see us trade back up into day 1 to grab a difference maker if possible.  

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Is it really as pressing of a need?

I am not so sure Gunner......our offense is actually quite horrible.....where as our defense is servicable.

The pass rush is serviceable only through two guys whose combined age when next season beging will be 67. A young pass rusher is as glaring a need as any other. 

9 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I know most will disagree but I think our defense is good enough as is right now. There are no elite defenses left in the NFL. I still think we should go all out on offense next year. Trade down, grab a bunch of pass catchers and linemen. Do the same thing in free agency with our immense amount of available cap space. A stud pass rusher would be nice but that's more a luxury than a necessity in the modern NFL.

Da Bearzse!!