Pregame thread: Wk 14 Jets at Bills

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Will our new WR show promise?

Is Josh Allen's elbow really OK?

Will Jerry Hughes keep his head?

Will the refs hold a penalty-fest with Hughes as the guest of 'honor'?

Discuss

I've been out of pocket for the past few days.  Is there something that would indicate that Allen's elbow is no bueno?

Just now, Gugny said:

I've been out of pocket for the past few days.  Is there something that would indicate that Allen's elbow is no bueno?

Not really, but several including myself have remarked that many of his throws in the Miami game were uncharacteristically wobbly. 

He said the throw to Clay "didn't come out of his hand right"  If you recall, extreme pain on moving the thumb is one of the signs of that ulnar collateral ligament injury.  If the injury really isn't fully healed, it could cause problems throwing.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Not really, but several including myself have remarked that many of his throws in the Miami game were uncharacteristically wobbly. 

He said the throw to Clay "didn't come out of his hand right"  If you recall, extreme pain on moving the thumb is one of the signs of that ulnar collateral ligament injury.  If the injury really isn't fully healed, it could cause problems throwing.

The thumb thing would make sense.  Arm strength clearly is not an issue, but if he can't properly grip the ball, then the passes would (and did) still go very far, just not with tight spirals.  Hopefully it's just more due to him throwing off balance, on the run and/or across his body.

• Like (+1) 1

Bills Radio Network:

Play-by-Play: John Murphy

Color Analyst: Mark Kelso

Sideline: Sal Capaccio

Alfred, NY: WZKZ (102 FM Hornell/Wellsville)

Amsterdam, NY: WKAJ (1120 AM)

Bath, NY: WABH (1380 AM)

Bradford, NY: WBRR (100.1 FM)

Buffalo, NY: * WGR 550 (550 AM)

Dansville, NY: WDNY (93.9 FM)

Dunkirk, NY: WDOE (94.9 FM/1410AM)

Elmira, NY: WNGZ (104.9 FM)

Erie, PA: WRIE (1260 AM)

Glenn Falls, NY: WMML (1230 AM/97.9FM)

Ithaca, NY: THE BUZZER WYXL (96.3 FM)

Jamestown, NY: WWSE (93.3FM) and WJTN (1240 AM)

Newark, NY: WACK (1420 AM)

Ogdensburg, NY: WQTK (92.7FM)

Olean, NY: THE PIG (95.7 FM)

Syracuse, NY: KROCK WKRL (100.9 FM, 106.5 FM and 94.9 FM Utica)

Syracuse, NY: WTKW (99.5 FM) and WTKV (105.5 FM)

Toronto, CA: * FAN 590 (590 AM)

Rochester, NY: WCMF 96.5 FM / WROC (950 AM ESPN)

Watertown, NY: WOTT (94.1 FM)

*Flagship stations

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That would make 3 weeks in a row. 

Watching the run blocking vs Miami and vs Jags I would have to say it might be "addition by subtraction"

I can't claim we were getting to the second level with run blocking, but in general the line looked more as though it knew what it was doing and meant to do it.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Watching the run blocking vs Miami and vs Jags I would have to say it might be "addition by subtraction"

Miller is back at RG today. I think they know what they have in Ducasse and he's simply not good enough.  They need to see what they have in Teller and also Butt Kicker (Boettger) who they are starting to work in.  Sirles was awful last week in place of Miller. 

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Miller is back at RG today. I think they know what they have in Ducasse and he's simply not good enough.  They need to see what they have in Teller and also Butt Kicker (Boettger) who they are starting to work in.  Sirles was awful last week in place of Miller. 

Yep.  2018 just one big long pre-season season..   working in the rookies, grabbing every FA they can get their hands on,   rinse, repeat

trust the process

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Will our new WR show promise?

Is Josh Allen's elbow really OK?

Will Jerry Hughes keep his head?

Will the refs hold a penalty-fest with Hughes as the guest of 'honor'?

Discuss

Elbow looked fine last week! Off to the tailgate - cheers!!!

Jets vs. Bills: 3 Key Matchups to Watch

The crazy thing though, it’s not a matchup between those two since the rookie quarterbacks won’t be taking the field at the same time… at all. But there will be plenty of matchups to watch, though.

With that, here’s three key matchups to watch during Sunday’s Jets – Bills game:

Micah Hyde/ Jordan Poyer vs. Robby Anderson
Robert Foster vs. Morris Claiborne
Jerry Hughes/ Shaq Lawson vs. Kelvin Beachum/ Brandon Shell