Around the NFL Week 14 - Miami Beats New England on a Miracle Play

Just now, MattM said:

Tomlin deserves this loss for not taking his TO’s when the Raiders had first and goal.  He would have had had 1:20 or so after the TD to march down and get a FG, instead of 15 seconds.

I was thinking exactly the same thing - made no sense.  The announcers were going bonkers that the Raiders were letting time go off - it was the Steelers that it was an issue for

Wow the turf monster gets the best of the Steelers after a genius play to set up the FG. Maybe a blessing in disguise with BAL losing as well. The Steelers absolutely need to beat the Pats* next week to stay in their division race. Looks like a wildcard is slipping out of their grasp. They’ve been snakebit, but it’s  the toughest game remaining on the Patsies schedule. 

10 minutes ago, MattM said:

Tomlin deserves this loss for not taking his TO’s when the Raiders had first and goal.  He would have had had 1:20 or so after the TD to march down and get a FG, instead of 15 seconds.

It didn’t end up mattering at all with the genius play to JuJu. The kicker slipped so pure luck for the Raiders. 

Guest Mike147

Question... why don't we see more lateral pass attempts outside of the death?

There's clear big play opportunities if they are executed well.

Is it bad sportsmanship to do it five minutes in? Or is it considered too risky? But if it's too risky, is it any riskier than going for it on 4th down? 

In today's offensively favoured NFL, I'm just confused why teams don't take advantage of the lateral more often if they can get a big play out of it. It would add an extra dimension to any offense and be something else for defenses to prepare for.

1 minute ago, Mike147 said:

Question... why don't we see more lateral pass attempts outside of the death?

There's clear big play opportunities if they are executed well.

Is it bad sportsmanship to do it five minutes in? Or is it considered too risky? But if it's too risky, is it any riskier than going for it on 4th down? 

In today's offensively favoured NFL, I'm just confused why teams don't take advantage of the lateral more often if they can get a big play out of it. It would add an extra dimension to any offense and be something else for defenses to prepare for.

Risk reward like all decisions that OCs make. 

2 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

What I'm trying to say is that no one -- not you, a know-it-all in Miami or NJ -- has one smidgen  of an idea what the future holds. 

Literally none. Not even a little.

So to assume the Bills will always suck more than the Fish and Jets is simply nothing more than a disappointed ego mixed with a relatively simple ability to post on a message board. That's it.

And for the record, the primary reason the Bills lost today -- a reason even Ronnie Milsap could see -- is special teams. Period.  Not the only reason, but the primary reason.

I keep cheering for the Bills to win. Thanks. Have a great day.

I drafted Ronnie Milsap on my fantasy team

3 hours ago, stuvian said:

Joe Buck has at least 3 different shades in his hair.

Boy George called and said there was too much going on there

I heard that he and Troy don't get separate rooms while on the road. This way they get half price on the tanning beds.