Around the NFL Week 14 - Miami Beats New England on a Miracle Play

54 minutes ago, stevewin said:

I was thinking exactly the same thing - made no sense.  The announcers were going bonkers that the Raiders were letting time go off - it was the Steelers that it was an issue for

It always amazes me how clueless game announcers can be.  Raiders could have huddled if they wanted.  

Can anyone tell me why the Dolphins did not have to kick the PAT in their 34-33 walk-off TD win vs. New England??

When Buffalo was down 24-20 at the Dolphins in 1989 and Jim Kelly won the game with a walk-off TD with no time on the clock, the officials forced the teams to return to the field and do the PAT play:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/sports/1989/09/11/bills-kelly-scores-at-gun-tops-dolphins/780a815b-a0fd-489e-a33a-87797898b45e/?utm_term=.a8c35355ecc1

EDIT: Never mind. I just learned the rule was changed this off-season where a PAT did not have to occur if a TD was scored on the last play of the game and would be meaningless.

Edited by greenyellowred
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, greenyellowred said:

Can anyone tell me why the Dolphins did not have to kick the PAT in their 34-33 walk-off TD win vs. New England??

When Buffalo was down 24-20 at the Dolphins in 1989 and JIm Kelly won the game with a walk-off TD with no time on the clock, the officals forced the teams to return to the field and do the PAT play:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/sports/1989/09/11/bills-kelly-scores-at-gun-tops-dolphins/780a815b-a0fd-489e-a33a-87797898b45e/?utm_term=.a8c35355ecc1

I think I remember that happening recently where they tried to get the other team to come out from the locker room for the kick. They almost kicked it with no defenders on the field.

• Haha (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, greenyellowred said:

When Buffalo was down 24-20 at the Dolphins in 1989 and Jim Kelly won the game with a walk-off TD with no time on the clock, the officials forced the teams to return to the field and do the PAT play:

EDIT: Never mind. I just learned the rule was changed this off-season where a PAT did not have to occur if a TD was scored on the last play of the game and would be meaningless.

Yep.  Game is over.  Like OT.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Saints vs. Chiefs Super Bowl just took a turn in a very favorable direction after today.

until the Chiefs choke in the 2nd round (since they will get the 1st round bye),

Then its a Saints/Pats SB where we will keep hearing about how the 2 QBs could retire after this game, but most likely only one of them does and its not the one we would get excited for.........

• Like (+1) 1

Observation: Derek Carr is playing a LOT better than most folks seem to realize. He has 8 TDs and 0 INTs in his last 4 games, and for the season he's at 7.5 ypa, 69.4 completion rate, and 3 fourth quarter comeback wins. He's on pace for 4,226 yards, 22 TDs, and 9-10 INTs. And needless to say, the Raiders roster is garbage. 

21 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Observation: Derek Carr is playing a LOT better than most folks seem to realize. He has 8 TDs and 0 INTs in his last 4 games, and for the season he's at 7.5 ypa, 69.4 completion rate, and 3 fourth quarter comeback wins. He's on pace for 4,226 yards, 22 TDs, and 9-10 INTs. And needless to say, the Raiders roster is garbage. 

I was thinking that too... Raiders are giving teams problems every week now

• Like (+1) 1