Build this Oline via free agency. Save our pks in draft for skill positions.

Attack the first couple of days of free agency by signing 3 guys to this oline. Make a statement sign them all right away even if we can during the first day. 

RT Daryl Williams 26yrs

LT Donavon Smith 25yrs

C Mat Paradis 29yrs

I know what your thinking what about Dawkins . Well move him to LG . Dawkins has struggled at times this yr and is more suited to kick inside where he can be an all-pro guard . Lots of scouts had him as a guard coming out of college and i think his skill set is better suited for the inside also. Its gonna take upwards of 40 mil to sign these 3 guys but it will be well worth it. 

Projected starting 5 

LT Smith

LG Dawkins

C Paradis

RG Teller

RT Williams

This is a monster oline that can move mountains in the run gm and pass pro with the best of them. Yes they will be getting paid but with our QB still on his rookie deal for another 4yrs plus with my plan to go skill postion heavy in the draft on offense. We shouldn't even fell the cap burden of putting that type of money on the line. Not only will this line be 1 of the better units in the NFL but they are also very young group.

TE - Jessie James or Demitruis Harris

These guys can step in and play from day 1 on this team . They also can be fantastic #2 TEs once we develop the rookie i got us taking high in this draft

Wrs

John Brown & Chris Conley

I want this team to look like a track meet on Sundays.

RBs 

Mark Ingram - Ingram would be a great fit in Dabolls offense. He can run with power and speed both inside and outside and he's great in the screen gm.

Malcolm Brown . I like what i have seen from this kid in limited action with the Rams . I believe the Bills should trade McCoy and add 3 new running bks. 1 via draft and 2 free agents. 

Bkup QB

Sign Fitzmagic . 

Defense

I wouldn't do much here this offseason. We have a top 5 D and we can use some of our pks later in the draft to add depth to secondary and Dline. 

Draft 

Rd1 trade bk add another 2nd 

1st pk -  Wr -Marquise "Hollywood" Brown- this kid is a speed demon line him up every where and let him catch bombs from Allen for yrs to come.

2nd rd TE-Noah Fant 

Noah Fant will be a dynamic TE that is to fast for LBers and to big for corners. In other words he's a matchup nightmare. 

2nd rd via trade 

RB Bryce Love- i can see Love playing in that Kamara role in the NFL.

Edited by BillsFan1988
  • Like (+1) 3

Paradis will be in high demand..

Whats Plan B if they can’t get him?

Kalil  probably, but he will be 34...

Might need to roll with Bodine and draft a longer term replacement..

I would look at Roger Saffold at Guard as an option in FA..

Trade a 5th for Mohammed Sanu who is still only 29 and has two $7m years left on his current deal..

Sign Barkley as back up QB..

Look at a WR in the first round...

Need a new TE... don’t think Fant lasts to the 2nd so might have to trade up for him..

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Attack the first couple of days of free agency by signing 3 guys to this oline. Make a statement sign them all right away even if we can during the first day. 

RT Daryl Williams 26yrs

LT Donavon Smith 25yrs

C Mat Paradis 29yrs

I know what your thinking what about Dawkins . Well move him to LG . Dawkins has struggled at times this yr and is more suited to kick inside where he can be an all-pro guard . Lots of scouts had him as a guard coming out of college and i think his skill set is better suited for the inside also. Its gonna take upwards of 40 mil to sign these 3 guys but it will be well worth it. 

Projected starting 5 

LT Smith

LG Dawkins

C Paradis

RG Teller

RT Williams

This is a monster oline that can move mountains in the run gm and pass pro with the best of them. Yes they will be getting paid but with our QB still on his rookie deal for another 4yrs plus with my plan to go skill postion heavy in the draft on offense. We shouldn't even fell the cap burden of putting that type of money on the line. Not only will this line be 1 of the better units in the NFL but they are also very young group.

These guys can step in and play from day 1 on this team . They also can be fantastic #2 TEs once we develop the rookie i got us taking high in this draft

Wrs

RBs 

Mark Ingram - Ingram would be a great fit in Dabolls offense. He can run with power and speed both inside and outside and he's great in the screen gm.

Malcolm Brown . I like what i have seen from this kid in limited action with the Rams . I believe the Bills should trade McCoy and add 3 new running bks. 1 via draft and 2 free agents. 

Bkup QB

Sign Fitzmagic . 

Defense

I wouldn't do much here this offseason. We have a top 5 D and we can use some of our pks later in the draft to add depth to secondary and Dline. 

Draft 

1st pk -  Wr -Marquise "Hollywood" Brown- this kid is a speed demon line him up every where and let him catch bombs from Allen for yrs to come.

2nd rd TE-Noah Fant 

Noah Fant will be a dynamic TE that is to fast for LBers and to big for corners. In other words he's a matchup nightmare. 

2nd rd via trade 

I love your mock FA and draft but unfortunately not your optimism. You have a lot of players listed that will be sought out by many other teams. Teams with better personnel, better weather and established QBs. Not saying a couple of them can't be acquired, but as usual the Bills will have to pay a premium for players to come here. Buffalo while a very nice place IMO, doesn't have the nightlife of NY or Miami. The tax breaks of Florida or Texas. We have a raw yet very talented young QB. I don't know what it would cost but if Star got 10 mil per I can only imagine. 

I'm happy with Barkley as my backup QB.  If he's willing to re-sign, I'd do it.  I want the Bills to obtain a little insurance at CB and strong outside linebacker, and maybe get a couple more defensive linemen.  We can focus on offense other than that.  I expect there will be some quality free agent offensive linemen available in addition to those cited by the OP, and Buffalo is in a good position to be competitive.  Money wise, theyll have a lot of cap room, and I think they can sell Josh Allen as an up and comer who is going to be a winner in the league for a long time.   Draft BPA with need being your tiebreaker for players who are similarly rated.  

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

I love your mock FA and draft but unfortunately not your optimism. You have a lot of players listed that will be sought out by many other teams. Teams with better personnel, better weather and established QBs. Not saying a couple of them can't be acquired, but as usual the Bills will have to pay a premium for players to come here. Buffalo while a very nice place IMO, doesn't have the nightlife of NY or Miami. The tax breaks of Florida or Texas. We have a raw yet very talented young QB. I don't know what it would cost but if Star got 10 mil per I can only imagine. 

Star is playing like a $10 mill player.

It's generally much more about money than anything else.

But while the Bills will absolutely fill a bunch of holes at FA, the OP shouldn't expect so many big ticket guys. This is a conservative FO. They come from a team with a conservative FO and they've already announced that they want to build through the draft and fill holes with FA. Hope he won't be too disappointed if the FAs they bring in are nearly all low- to medium-priced guys.

7 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

RT Daryl Williams 26yrs

LT Donavon Smith 25yrs

C Mat Paradis 29yrs

Projected starting 5 

LT Smith

LG Dawkins

C Paradis

RG Teller

RT Williams

Wrs

RBs 

Bkup QB

Sign Fitzmagic . 

Defense

Draft 

2nd rd TE-Noah Fant 

2nd rd via trade 

This offense requires players with exstremely high football IQs.  You cant just plug anyone into it.  Ryan Groy was a beast in the Roman/Lynn offense but dog poop in the Earhardt/Perkins.  This is the same offense that Brady runs.  Many WRs that do well elsewhere suck in NE.

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

I was gonna mention what u said about free agents coming to Buffalo . I think its more about the skill position guys then anything else. We usually dont have prbs signing defensive guys or olineman . For some reason especially oline there more grounded individuals . With that being said we have the money and we need to attack the situation as best as possible. Maybe we dont get all 3 of the guys i mentioned maybe we sign a different combo of guys but my point is if we can fix our oline with money then it opens up the draft for our skill position players on offense.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Why can’t our LT’s remain at LT?  The last two fans want me them moved.

Because the LTs the Bills currently have suck, and it's not uncommon for poor OTs to play significantly better at OG.  LT is a position that generally requires an OLer who is quick/nimble/agile for a big man.  Usually good LTs are rangier than other OLers.  Dawkins apparently lacks the quickness/agility required to be a good LT, but has the strength which might enable him to become a good LG.  

Of course, the Bills are in this situation because they were in such a hurry to shed Cordy Glenn's contract that they traded him away simply because Dawkins played decently as a rookie LT.

5 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

I was gonna mention what u said about free agents coming to Buffalo . I think its more about the skill position guys then anything else. We usually dont have prbs signing defensive guys or olineman . For some reason especially oline there more grounded individuals . With that being said we have the money and we need to attack the situation as best as possible. Maybe we dont get all 3 of the guys i mentioned maybe we sign a different combo of guys but my point is if we can fix our oline with money then it opens up the draft for our skill position players on offense.

The Bills sign bottom feeder FA OLers who have few real options.  They were one of the few if not the only team willing to take a chance on Incognito after his suspension, for example.  The last/only time they paid top dollar for a FA OLer was back in 2007 or 2008 when they signed Derrick Dockery at LG. The Bills have twice traded away good young LTs that they've developed rather than pay them market value: Jason Peters in 2009 and Cordy Glenn in 2018.

Since the Bills don't value OLers, I doubt they're real players for the top FA OLers.  That's a pipe dream.

Edited by SoTier

Folks gotta remember Buffalo has a lot of cap room this offseason. 

So they may even try to steal some restricted free agents they know may not match an offer. If Buffalo really liked someone and the price isn’t too high etc. I would suspect Buffalo will go after players they really want.

WR is a must. I could see the Bills going after someone like Rashard Higgins, RFA Cleveland. Solid WR, plays behind Landry and Callaway. Would be a great pick up. Draft a 2nd round WR.

WR Corp

2nd Round pick

Zay Jones

Robert Foster

Rashard Higgins

Isiah McKenzie

Point being, Buffalo has the money to overpay for players they think will be studs and other teams can’t afford to match.

Hopefully it works out better than a Charles Clay RFA move....

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

Because the LTs the Bills currently have suck, and it's not uncommon for poor OTs to play significantly better at OG.  LT is a position that generally requires an OLer who is quick/nimble/agile for a big man.  Usually good LTs are rangier than other OLers.  Dawkins apparently lacks the quickness/agility required to be a good LT, but has the strength which might enable him to become a good LG.  

Of course, the Bills are in this situation because they were in such a hurry to shed Cordy Glenn's contract that they traded him away simply because Dawkins played decently as a rookie LT.

The Bills sign bottom feeder FA OLers who have few real options.  They were one of the few if not the only team willing to take a chance on Incognito after his suspension, for example.  The last/only time they paid top dollar for a FA OLer was back in 2007 or 2008 when they signed Derrick Dockery at LG. The Bills have twice traded away good young LTs that they've developed rather than pay them market value: Jason Peters in 2009 and Cordy Glenn in 2018.

Since the Bills don't value OLers, I doubt they're real players for the top FA OLers.  That's a pipe dream.

When are you going to get it through your head that this is a new organization with a new owner, new front office and new HC?  Saying stuff about Peters et al said that has any bearing on what goes on now is just ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Why can’t our LT’s remain at LT?  The last two fans want me them moved.

I like Dawkins at LT. 

Buffalo needs a C and RT. 

I see Buffalo grabbing a Veteran at center for sure and there’s 2-3 solid veterans or they may reach for Alabama’s Center Pierschbacher who knows the offense.

Then paying a JaWaan James (probably like $10-12M per)

I think Buffalo will be drafting around 10-12, winning 3 of last 4.

I would a trade back and grab Yodny Cajuste OT from WV, it’s talked about him being better at Guard in the league. Dude is strong and has great athleticism. Plug him in at RG and could be a swing OT.

Dawkins

Teller

FA (Paradis/Morse/Draft Pierschbacher

Cajuste

James

The goal should be to pay for our OL that will be around for the next 3-5 years.

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, TigerJ said:

I'm happy with Barkley as my backup QB.  If he's willing to re-sign, I'd do it.  I want the Bills to obtain a little insurance at CB and strong outside linebacker, and maybe get a couple more defensive linemen.  We can focus on offense other than that.  I expect there will be some quality free agent offensive linemen available in addition to those cited by the OP, and Buffalo is in a good position to be competitive.  Money wise, theyll have a lot of cap room, and I think they can sell Josh Allen as an up and comer who is going to be a winner in the league for a long time.   Draft BPA with need being your tiebreaker for players who are similarly rated.  

my sense is some of the cap room will be kept to sign their own guys like T White long before their rookie contracts are up.   Agree with TigerJ that everything else being equal, in most cases FAs ain't coming to WNY.   Too many off the field opportunities (endorsements, appearances, TV, etc. ) in the cities perceived as big, popular, fun, young.  

From a practical standpoint, best bet is to build it with the draft as those guys are "trapped" in B Lo for 4-5 years.   And some of them will like it in WNY and can be re-signed with that cap room.  I don't want any more FA overpay contracts like what it took to get Mario Williams to come.  That is bad business and comes back to bite you in the -ss.

This franchise has drafted extremely well under McBeanes; need to make the most of those 10 picks next year. 

Edited by ProcessTruster