Bills sign WR Da’Mari Scott to active roster

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He did? I mean, he’s currently on the couch unemployed. 

i still hope he gets a chance. if i recall correctly, he was the 7th ranked hockey player in the nation as a yout. he could have chosen a very good nhl career, but chose the nfl.

i want to see him back.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, WMDman said:

never heard of him, looks like a McKenzie type reciever

I think you're on to something.  Is said to have run a 4.46 40 and have good hands.

McKenzie is listed as limited in practice for Thurs and Fri and "Questionable" for tomorrow's game.

Scott returned both punts and kicks at Fresno, and that would be a skill where you don't need deep knowledge of the offensive playbook.

13 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

How does a WR that only caught 60 passes in college even get a shot in the NFL? I’m not saying he can’t be good it just is always strange to me. We end up with so many guys that weren’t even good at a lower level. So few players make it to the pros. You would think they all were elite at a lower level.

I think it's a variation of the saying, if you're 5'11" you have to prove you can play basketball; if you're 6'11" you have to prove you can't

Scott had a pretty fast 40 time.  You got a fast 40 time and 60 catches, you have to prove you can't play football. 

Same kind of thing with Foster, right?  35 catches at 'bama.  4.41 40 time.

Apparently Scott scouted well enough that Cleveland even brought him in for a pre-draft visit.

20 minutes ago, Doc said:

I don't recall him trashing the Bills.  Would have been pretty dumb.

I thought I remember seeing a tweet a while back.  Maybe trashing Peterman or Benjamin or the WRs.  Just searched for it but couldn't find anything.  What I did see is that he still obviously still follows the Bills and appears to be a big Allen and Bills supporter.  I may be back on the "sign Reilly" team.

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think you're on to something.  Is said to have run a 4.46 40 and have good hands.

McKenzie is listed as limited in practice for Thurs and Fri and "Questionable" for tomorrow's game.

Scott returned both punts and kicks at Fresno, and that would be a skill where you don't need deep knowledge of the offensive playbook.

I think it's a variation of the saying, if you're 5'11" you have to prove you can play basketball; if you're 6'11" you have to prove you can't

Scott had a pretty fast 40 time.  You got a fast 40 time and 60 catches, you have to prove you can't play football. 

Same kind of thing with Foster, right?  35 catches at 'bama.  4.41 40 time.

Apparently Scott scouted well enough that Cleveland even brought him in for a pre-draft visit.

I mean, if you are looking for some validation in bringing a guy in for a look. The previously 0-16 browns might not be a place you want to hang your hat.

12 minutes ago, PIZ said:

I thought I remember seeing a tweet a while back.  Maybe trashing Peterman or Benjamin or the WRs.  Just searched for it but couldn't find anything.  What I did see is that he still obviously still follows the Bills and appears to be a big Allen and Bills supporter.  I may be back on the "sign Reilly" team.

He trashed Benjamin and Peterman?  That's even more of a reason to sign him

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, CIrvine said:

He enjoys watching basketball.  WTF?

I love those profiles for fringe players when they start running out of accomplishments  Last year there was someone they signed late season that they listed 3 things - one was captain of his high school basketball team.  Can't remember what the others were - they were equally unremarkable.  I remember at the time thinking I had 2 out of 3 ?