1993 Houston Wildcard Comeback- Where were you guys

Ice bowl 67

I was at my house with a bunch  of friends. One was an Oilers fan, one a Giants fan friend. Rest were Bills fans. Before the comeback most of the Bills fan friends were in the other room snacking and the Giants fan, Oilers fan and I were still watching. Oiler fan was rubbing it in big. Then it started. After every point he seemed to keep saying.  We still got this be sounded less confident. Rest is history. I have vowed since thst I would never turn off a game I could watch and never have. 3 days later the bride and I walked into Ames department store and on the rack was a sweatshirt. Said Greatest comeback in Super bowl  Play off History with the Bills/Oilers score. Was 12$ and I bought it. 

Man, we were at Pappas' and Southgate Lanes watching.  We almost went to the game but decided to watch it locally instead.  Worst game-choice decision of my life.  UGH!  

We missed one TD while moving from Pappas' to SG Lanes, and moments after Reed had scored even.  

It was cool tho, the entire 11-O'Clock news was Bills and then some.  Party-time in Buffalo.  

I was sitting with quite a few of my young and a bit wild friends from Rochester. We had a whole floor of a motel by chance to ourselves. we nearly were kicked out for playing tackle football in the halls for a couple hours.

i add this for context ^

We were endzone seats opposite the tunnel and saw some great plays.
I lost my voice for  couple days.

I will never remember the details, but i will never forget the emotions of staying till the end

8 hours ago, Tuco said:

Section M1

Row 1

Seat 109

About 8 of us went in 2 different vans. Three guys left at the half. A while later two girls were getting cold and miserable and said they were going to wait in the van. We had just scored to make it 35-10. I said, hey we just scored, stick around and see what happens. Of course I had about as much confidence as everybody else, but right about then we recovered the surprise onsides kick, and just a few plays later it was 35-17.

The girls were glad they stayed. The guys who left, ha ha ha ha ha . . . 

am now reminded how cold it was. and how my sunday morning hangover was going.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

In Southern California. 15 years old. My grandma was visiting and I left the family room at halftime to watch the rest of the game in my bedroom on my new tv. Kenneth davis up the middle for the first td....I knew... It was too easy. Felt like Buffalo could run up and down the field after that score.

All it took was a spark given all involved - go for broke attitude, sarcastic cheer from the crowd, history of that decade, and I’m not kidding... Van was such a positive voice; he sounded like it was in the bag.

Believe me or not, I knew...

5 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I was at Grevey's,  a Bills bar.  I think it was full and I was at one of the outside tables.  It is closed now.

I watched my share of games at Grevey's back in the day (early '90s). Loved that place...it always felt like you were right back in WNY. I was bummed when I heard it had closed. I still can't believe that I haven't made it up to Jimmy's Old Town Tavern in Herndon, VA for a game but I have promised @R. Rich that I will catch a game up there with him soon. A couple of buddies and I used to make the trip from Richmond up to Falls Church together for the Grevey's experience. One of them grew up in Buffalo, one in Silver Creek, and me in Grand Island and none of us knew the others until we met in Richmond. As for 'The Greatest Comeback in NFL History'...

The three of us were at the house of the guy from Silver Creek watching together like we usually did when they were on locally. At halftime, we were all completely dejected and befuddled at everything that had happened to that point and we were all bummed at the prospect that the Bills' consecutive Super Bowl run was over. None of us had completely given up because of the resiliency of those Super Bowl teams but deep in our hearts we knew it was more than likely over at 28-3. The pick six to start the 3rd quarter that made it 35-3 put us into a deeper funk but none of us were turning off that game. The guy from Buffalo was always the overly optimistic type who thought the Bills would win even if they were down 100-0 with a minute to play. When the Bills scored their first TD in the second half to make it 35-10, we all looked at each other and I said to them half-heartedly, "Well, that's a start." Even 'Mr. Optimist' wasn't quite back on board yet. When the Bills made it 35-17, we all started getting pumped and then believed that the Bills could and would win it even though they still had a big hill to climb. When they took the lead, 38-35, we were beside ourselves with excitement but we also knew that it wasn't quite over. When Houston kicked the game tying FG to send it to overtime, I remember saying, "We can't have done all of this just to lose. We HAVE to win this game." When Steve Christie kicked the game winner, we were jumping up and down in a victory circle and hit the floor in a pile of joyous humanity. The host from Silver Creek ended up with a sprained ankle but it was no doubt the greatest pain of his life. ? What a roller coaster of emotion that day was. The lowest of lows followed by the highest of highs. I remember taping every post-game highlight I could find and watching ESPN all night long.   

As an aside, I was not one of the estimated 400,00 in attendance for that game but I was at 'The Ralph' on September 21, 1997 for the second biggest comeback in NFL regular season history when the Bills overcame a 26-0 first half deficit to defeat the Indianapolis Colts, 37-35. Unlike the '93 Bills, the '97 team was not very good but still delivered one of the most memorable wins in Bills history. What a day for Antowain Smith! I like to think of that 'meaningless' game as my cosmic reward for sticking with that Wild Card game when the team was down, 35-3. ?

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Gave my seats to a friend and his brother who had never been to a game before.

Watched the game in a bar in Niagara County on satellite. Yes, watched the entire game. The most unreal sports spectacle I’ve ever seen.

• Like (+1) 1

I was at the game.  I was 27 years old and my Mom wanted to go to the game as it was blacked out in Rochester.  I said ok. After the second half pick 6 I said let's get the F out of here. She talked me into staying.  We were in the nosebleeds and I saw people leaving and running to try to get back in.  Greatest spectacle I have ever seen. 

26 minutes ago, Irv said:

I was at the game.  I was 27 years old and my Mom wanted to go to the game as it was blacked out in Rochester.  I said ok. After the second half pick 6 I said let's get the F out of here. She talked me into staying.  We were in the nosebleeds and I saw people leaving and running to try to get back in.  Greatest spectacle I have ever seen. 

You were one of the 1.2 million at the game?