1993 Houston Wildcard Comeback- Where were you guys

Ice bowl 67

I was at the game, My family had seasons tickets then. The only downside was I was in the restroom when the final touchdown was scored so I missed it. For what it is worth it sounded like a jet engine in the concourse so I knew something great happened

• Like (+1) 1

I was living in NC at the time. I went to the gym to work out all my frustrations toward the end of the first half (thinking the game was all but over) - and . As I was walking out of the gym to head back home, there was a TV on and and the scoreboard was flashing "DEFENSE" and they were showing fans standing on their feet screaming - and then they showed the score and it was 38-31. Sat down and watched the rest of it right there. 

At the game.  It was a very cold day and we were pretty miserable after the first half, and especially after Houston scored in the second half, but we decided to stick it out for another series or two.  Very glad we did obviously.  Other than the drubbing of the Raiders to go to their first Super Bowl, the comeback game was the most fun I ever had at a Bills game, or any sporting event. What a feeling. What an experience.

• Like (+1) 2

Was listening to the radio call on Westwood One network on and off in the car while my mother was ferrying me to and from some school activity event of some sort, and thought it was over at half like everyone else, but at some point I became glued in and wouldn’t get out of the car again until final kick in OT, just sitting in our driveway. My non sports aware family never quite understood what I was so excited over that day ?. I distinctly remember the radio national announcers losing their minds in disbelief over what was developing, and at some point during the comeback you just knew fate had decreed that the Bills would pull this off, it seemed like everything that could go right for the Bills did. I also remember the announcers using phrases like, at least the Bills are trying to make it respectable after scoring 2 TDs to get to 35-17...the tone totally changed at 35-24 as I recall, when the amazement really began. I was 14 yrs old at the time 

Where were you @Ice bowl 67? ?

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12

48 minutes ago, FLFan said:

At the game.  It was a very cold day and we were pretty miserable after the first half, and especially after Houston scored in the second half, but we decided to stick it out for another series or two.  Very glad we did obviously.  Other than the drubbing of the Raiders to go to their first Super Bowl, the comeback game was the most fun I ever had at a Bills game, or any sporting event. What a feeling. What an experience.

It was only a very cold day to a Floridian?

It was warm enough that when there was a mist it was rain & not snow or freezing rain. 

I've been to a lot colder games. 

Edited by Albany,n.y.

1 hour ago, No Place To Hyde said:

One of the best attended as well. Last I heard there were at least 225k fans there and not one left before the comeback started.?

I was 16, working my shift at McDonald's. Listened on the radio and when,my shift was over the comeback started. Instead of going home sat in the break room and listened.

I was in box box in the end zone corner on the Houston side.

i had pizza, wings, beef on Weck, peanuts, beer and booze.  I wasn’t leaving no matter what the score was.

i have also told this story here before about a guest of one the ticket holders in the box being a loud mouth jerk and flaunting that he had bet $5,000 (I know, I know, but I am being serious here, and mind you it was 1993 $5k) against the Bills...man, even if he didn’t make the bet this guy was an ass.

it was the greatest shadenfreude moment of my entire life during that second half...probably for every Bills fan in there, as well.

tears...I kid you not, he was in tears at the end.

• Like (+1) 2

That's easy.  I was with my dad, a stripper named Cheri that I worked with (I was a DJ) at Club Diamond Dust, and her 12 yr old nephew.  We were sitting near the visitor/scoreboard side corner of the endzone.  What a game!

2 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I was in box box in the end zone corner on the Houston side.

i had pizza, wings, beef on Weck, peanuts, beer and booze.  I wasn’t leaving no matter what the score was.

i have also told this story here before about a guest of one the ticket holders in the box being a loud mouth jerk and flaunting that he had bet $5,000 (I know, I know, but I am being serious here, and mind you it was 1993 $5k) against the Bills...man, even if he didn’t make the bet this guy was an ass.

it was the greatest shadenfreude moment of my entire life during that second half...probably for every Bills fan in there, as well.

tears...I kid you not, he was in tears at the end.

Did he bet the ML or take the points? Houston still covered!

Blacked out in Rochester and had some things to do so I could not head down to a cousin's in Syracuse to watch.  Got the half time update via the radio and left the radio on for the 2nd half.  Probably could have gone with a couple of guys I knew but money was really tight at that point.