1993 Houston Wildcard Comeback- Where were you guys

Ice bowl 67

One of the best attended as well. Last I heard there were at least 225k fans there and not one left before the comeback started.?

I was 16, working my shift at McDonald's. Listened on the radio and when,my shift was over the comeback started. Instead of going home sat in the break room and listened.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

In the stands.  I've told this story many times but we were at the top of the stadium and watched folks leaving, then coming back.  Probably the greatest sporting event I've ever attended for lots of reasons.

IMG_0250.JPG

• Like (+1) 4

Sitting in section c3 w dad and brother.  Ticket stubs are framed w a copy of the front page of the buffalo news signed by Reich and Christie thanking my dad for attending.  It’s a cool thing.  Probably the only one still up in my parents’ house.  

• Like (+1) 1

At A LaQuinta Inn in Las Vegas. Family had just moved out there and we were waiting on the house.

My Dad rarely says much of value, but he predicted the Bills would come back because Bill Cowher was on at halftime talking about the upcoming match-up with the Oilers.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

• Like (+1) 1

Cary NC watching at home.  At halftime I was so disgusted I stopped watching the game (something I never do) and took a long bike ride to try to burn off some of my frustration.  Got back in the 4th Q - will ever forget the look on my wife's face when I walked through the door - knew right away something very strange was going on.

26 years and have still never heard anyone admit they left the game early.

I'll admit leaving the TV after the pick 6....went upstairs to pack my bag to go to my girlfriend's house with no intention of watching any more.  My Dad yelled upstairs after the Beebe TD so I came back down and obviously watched the rest!

• Haha (+1) 1

Watching it at home on a crappy channel on TV.  Everyone in the house shut it off at halftime.  I had to pick up my future wife at work in the 4th quarter and listened to the final moments on the radio.  Luckily for me, I recorded the game on my VCR and rewatched it when I got home.  I will never forget that game / day.