Gonna do it, flying solo...

After going back and forth a bit I decided I'm going to do something I've never done before.  Check out a Bills game solo.  I've probably been to 100 games, 90% of those me and my crew set up shop in the Hammer Lot (where else?) and tailgated like champs.  Had a lot of people, the cool ones at least back out on the Jets game tomorrow but figured I'd take the opportunity to drive out and do something different.  I'll probably park at one of those cheaper house lots and walk around a bit to take in the Bills game day out side of my usual spot.  Figure I can get a lot of cool pictures and stuff.  One question I had is what time does Big Tree open on game day, always looked over there from Hammers and figured I'd pop in for a game day beer.  Tomorrow will be that day.

• Like (+1) 4

Rochester, just over an hour.  Why not? Another question fo anyone that can help.  We usually leave Roch like 7 so our tailgate is set up by 8:30. But with no tailgate i might leave just a little later.  What time does traffic really pick up (shouldnt be bad for this game, 55k tops?)  Should i drive in a back way? Thinking of getting in like 9:30.

I refuse to watch Bills games with anyone who's not as die hard or knowledgeable as myself. They'll invariably start talking about some nonsense that has nothing to do with the game and I'll get extremely pissed off.

Out here in Vegas, my brother is really the only person I know who's as passionate as I am and never asks stupid questions. He has to do his radio gig on game days.

Back when I lived in Delaware, I would drive to one game a year. Never visited my family in the area because it's kind of a sacred experience, as dumb as that seems.

Solo or with die hards is the only way to go.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 3

BIg Tree sets up a tent in the parking lot and has free beer/food on game days, usually music as well. Not sure what time but definitely by 10, probably closer to 9. Not sure when inside opens, 11:00 am according to their website

Can't help with the traffic question, leave Rochester at 7 myself.

Edited by Steve O
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Yeah, poor choice of wording on my part seeing as we are playing the Jets this week too. ?

No problem, was just going to warn you about landing in Hammers lot, it really pisses them off

• Haha (+1) 2

I went to a Ducks v Sabres game solo... in Anaheim. There was no Sabres fan in my section and I had a miserable time.

I've sat alone a few times at Bills games but I don't believe I've ever driven up and gone to the game alone. I would probably enjoy that actually.

• Like (+1) 1

I went solo to a game against the Chargers several years ago, though not by choice.  I was going with my son, however he got sick and couldn't make the trip.  I drove up solo from CT and partied with some old buddies from OP before the game, then watched the game from section 114.  Met some really nice people.

Edited by Haslett_Stomp

2 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

I refuse to watch Bills games with anyone who's not as die hard or knowledgeable as myself. They'll invariably start talking about some nonsense that has nothing to do with the game and I'll get extremely pissed off.

Out here in Vegas, my brother is really the only person I know who's as passionate as I am and never asks stupid questions. He has to do his radio gig on game days.

Back when I lived in Delaware, I would drive to one game a year. Never visited my family in the area because it's kind of a sacred experience, as dumb as that seems.

Solo or with die hards is the only way to go.

You live in Vegas too huh?  Where do you watch the games?

2 hours ago, metzelaars_lives said:

You’ll be fine.  Been to plenty of Phish shows solo.  Go to almost all Wyoming home games solo.  You’ll have a great time.

That sounds like the beginning of a bad movie.  Do you always make it home?

its weird.  I love my alone time but I never go to events solo. I respect people who do this.  My goal is to be the guy in the bar reading a book.