Mock draft & FA (edited)

Joeziehmer

1st Round: Bryce Love

Running back out of Stanford good speed and good body awareness and vision.

2nd Round: Sam Mustipher

Cenrer our of Notre Dame good body control and agility fighting to avoid sacks and tackles for loss at the point of attack

3rd Round: LJ Scott

Bruising running back Michigan State for short yardage situations and jumbo packages at the goal line

4th Round (2 Picks)

Jalen Jelks 

A bigger and healthier addition to the line backing and defensive end core.  Which could help ease uncertainty with Trent Murphy facing recurring injuries.  Out of University of Oregon

Mitchell Wilcox

Tight-end our of South Florida a competent replacement for Clay.  Good body awareness and a target for Allen in the clutch.  

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, Augie said:

So.....RB in the 1st and 3rd sandwiching your favorite center. I think I have better odds of winning the Powerball, and I don’t have a ticket. (Not that that changes my odds much.) 

Why don’t you write a mock draft?  

3 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

Because MOST of them are stupid, especially when you don’t even know where you will be drafting. I will make a prediction: We will NOT take a RB with 2 of our first three picks. 

And because every thought I have doesn’t have to become a new thread. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 12
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 8

Why do a mock before the season is over? Before free agency?

Before the combine? 

Love may blow out his acl working out for teams then POOF your mock is in the trash lol

im just playin but seriously.. too early for all this to be posted on here. We got games to play and players needing evaluating 

Damn he is fast.  If they can get OL and WR in free agency, I wouldn't mind Love.  I think Allen needs a RB stud.  This guy appears to have great potential.  Seems like this offense is evolving to SPEED, and this guy is FAST.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Damn he is fast.  If they can get OL and WR in free agency, I wouldn't mind Love.  I think Allen needs a RB stud.  This guy appears to have great potential.  Seems like this offense is evolving to SPEED, and this guy is FAST.

He’s certainly fast. One thing I notice is....he was rarely touched! Let’s get some guys to own the trenches, then get our skill guys. Value first, but.......let’s be smarter than this.

A little restraint would be nice, too. 

I like the idea of drafting Bryce Love, but not with my first pick n the draft.  I think he slips based on his injury and reduced production this year.  I might consider him in round 2.  Round one almost has to be an offensive tackle or the best defensive player available, not because I think defense is the greatest need.  That, unfortunately, is where the greatest value is likely to lie.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Augie said:

He’s certainly fast. One thing I notice is....he was rarely touched! Let’s get some guys to own the trenches, then get our skill guys. Value first, but.......let’s be smarter than this.

A little restraint would be nice, too. 

Oh, definitely OL.  I want big nasty SOBs on the line, blocking for Allen.  It would be tempting to take Love though, but I have no idea where he's projected.  Perhaps they go OL first, and then trade up again to get a skill player.  Anyway, I don't think it's too early to talk the draft.  I don't even know half of the top guys this year yet.

15 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

Because it is much funner to mock yours

Two running backs in the first 3 rounds is no bueno

It really depends on where we draft.....if we are drafting in the top 5 I am looking to trade down and aquire additional picks

We need to address real needs in the draft while still working the best available player angle........to me this would be TJ Metcalf.....an OL in the second round....a TE in the first a developmental pass rusher in the 4th......more then one receiver in this draft.....and find a running back somewhere in there with those 10 picks

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, PIZ said:

Oh, definitely OL.  I want big nasty SOBs on the line, blocking for Allen.  It would be tempting to take Love though, but I have no idea where he's projected.  Perhaps they go OL first, and then trade up again to get a skill player.  Anyway, I don't think it's too early to talk the draft.  I don't even know half of the top guys this year yet.

I don’t mind draft talk at all, but starting a thread to take 2 RB’s in the first 3 rounds seems like a thread nobody needed. A little to “LAMPY” feeling to me. Maybe hide that in the college stuff where most of the other draft threads are.  Let people “critique”  it there. 

21 minutes ago, Augie said:

Because MOST of them are stupid, especially when you don’t even know where you will be drafting. I will make a prediction: We will NOT take a RB with 2 of our first three picks. 

And because every thought I have doesn’t have to become a new thread. 

Nailed it!!!

@Gugny, have you tried the wings yet?

57 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Why do a mock before the season is over? Before free agency?

Before the combine? 

Love may blow out his acl working out for teams then POOF your mock is in the trash lol

im just playin but seriously.. too early for all this to be posted on here. We got games to play and players needing evaluating 

Why do a mock ever?

Seriously. Why?

It’s like playing make believe.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1