Chic-Fil-A In New Era Stadium

Phil The Thrill

I’m reading that the Chic-Fil-A franchise is looking to expand more into Western, NY.  The first store opened in Cheektowaga a few weeks ago and last year in Rochester.  Both stores are making a killing as you can see by the huge-arse lines and the traffic.

They are trying to put another one in the Rochester area so that means Buffalo will likely follow.

Here’s my pitch....put it in New Era Stadium.  How sweet would it be to dine on chicken sandwiches and waffle fries in the stadium.  This is my dream.

Of course, with Russ Brandon out of the picture it might be possible.  He chose to hire all locally owned venues as food vendors.  

Lets my dream becomes a reality!

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I’m reading that the Chic-Fil-A franchise is looking to expand more into Western, NY.  The first store opened in Cheektowaga a few weeks ago and last year in Rochester.  Both stores are making a killing as you can see by the huge-arse lines and the traffic.

They are trying to put another one in the Rochester area so that means Buffalo will likely follow.

Here’s my pitch....put it in New Era Stadium.  How sweet would it be to dine on chicken sandwiches and waffle fries in the stadium.  This is my dream.

Of course, with Russ Brandon out of the picture it might be possible.  He chose to hire all locally owned venues as food vendors.  

They dont open on Sunday...if you love Chic-Fil-A as much as you claim you should know that..

Hell that is something anyone who knows ANYTHING about Chick-Fil-A knows...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Chick-Fil-A doesn’t open on Sunday’s ...

5 minutes ago, The Jerk said:

People in Rochester were camping outside in anticipation for the grand opening which included a free sandwich that probably normally costs three dollars. I don't understand the obsession with the place.   

I don't either.  WNY has some of the best chow options anywhere, and Chic-Fil-A is not one of them

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Funny thing bout chick fil a. Franchisees do not make a ton of money. Like a $150k a year. Weird , I would think like a $1m a year

Do you know what the average earning is for a Domino Pizza or McDonald or Subway franchise owner? I know there is a wide variation for stores but do you have a knowledge of the average earning? 

21 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Funny thing bout chick fil a. Franchisees do not make a ton of money. Like a $150k a year. Weird , I would think like a $1m a year

I know 2 Chic-fil-a owner operators in Atlanta and they both make considerably more than $150K per year.  I know the one makes over double that, but to be fair he does have 2 stores. (Which is rare, they prefer to limit you to one) Keep in mind, they are CFA employees, not actual equity owners. Pretty good gig from everything I have seen and heard.

14 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The owner is resolute in his conviction not to be open on Sundays. They operate in Atlanta's Mercede Benz Stadium but are closed on Sundays. 

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2017/8/16/16156300/falcons-stadium-chick-fil-a-closed-sunday

Yup, and there is another restaurant in the stadium that sells a knockoff sandwich called C.O.S. (Closed on Sunday’s)

Edited by buffaloboyinATL
  • Like (+1) 1

They make one of the best breakfast burritos (chix or sausage) I’ve ever had from a fast food place—very substantial and filling, and also like their chix and cheese bfast bagel. Overall a bit pricier than the comp, but the employees seem to actually care and are friendlier than most too for similar establishments 

30 minutes ago, The Jerk said:

People in Rochester were camping outside in anticipation for the grand opening which included a free sandwich that probably normally costs three dollars. I don't understand the obsession with the place.   

The reason is that it's hard getting anything cheap and fast done consistently well/right.

McDonalds thought it would be easy to just make their own version so they copied the sandwich.......ingredients and seasoning basically the same.........but they can't do it..  

Just not enough attention to detail in their process.

And chick-fil-a is like that with everything.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Do you know what the average earning is for a Domino Pizza or McDonald or Subway franchise owner? I know there is a wide variation for stores but do you have a knowledge of the average earning? 

Used to be Domino's Pizza franchisee's back in the 1980's lived in their cars (homeless) to hear them talk.  I guess Tom had to find a way to pay for the Tigers somehow.

27 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I know 2 Chic-fil-a owner operators in Atlanta and they both make considerably more than $150K per year.  I know the one makes over double that, but to be fair he does have 2 stores. (Which is rare, they prefer to limit you to one) Keep in mind, they are CFA employees, not actual equity owners. Pretty good gig from everything I have seen and heard.

Yup, and there is another restaurant in the stadium that sells a knockoff sandwich called C.O.S. (Closed on Sunday’s)

Location, location, location.

32 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Location, location, location.

I know some of the Atlanta locations have to hire cops to control the traffic around lunchtime. It’s CRAZY! As Yogi would say, no one goes there any more, it’s too crowded! I like the stuff, but I don’t NEED it that badly.