Chic-Fil-A In New Era Stadium

Phil The Thrill

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

2 pages and no bashing Christian beliefs of the owner.  Good job folks, you surprised me.

I don’t consider supporting groups with anti-gay agendas as being Christian. Therefore I boycott them in support of my lesbian married co-worker. Do as you wish.

3 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

I don’t consider supporting groups with anti-gay agendas as being Christian. Therefore I boycott them in support of my lesbian married co-worker. Do as you wish.

And there you go. The sanctimonious virtue signalling clown who must make his superiority known from atop his soapbox built of hypocrisy.

Take a bow young man.

55 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I eat at places demonstrating many kinds of beliefs over a given year. 

Whatever....

I only eat at places that cater to my viewpoint. Bars which support losing, love all people, appreciate 63 yr old Vietnamese veterans like myself and especially if they also believe, like I do, that 6'2 ⅜" white cis men are the standard of society and serve to no one else but them and my Vietnamese self!

3 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

And if she walked into the place she'd get the same treatment as anyone else. But hey as you said, do as you wish. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

And if she walked into the place she'd get the same treatment as anyone else. But hey as you said, do as you wish. 

He must stay true to character.  Go enjoy his sloppy work on PPP for the real fun.

8 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

And there you go. The sanctimonious virtue signalling clown who must make his superiority known from atop his soapbox built of hypocrisy.

One relative condemned the music of David Bowie because of his lifestyle, but insisted on seeing the Nutcracker Ballet every year.

i declined to point out the rank hyprocrisy, it is so hilarious the 2018 virtue signallers are ten times more superstitious than a 90 year old woman in the 1970s

7 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

That’s why it is so successful 

Edited by row_33

CFA is good for fast food, but it's still fast food. Give it a few weeks and let the hype die down. One thing I will say is they are masters of serving you fast. I marvel at how fast I get my food. I was in Roanoke Rapids, NC on my way to Wilmington, NC and stopped for lunch. It was an absolute mob scene. Everyone driving on I-95 decided to get lunch at the same time. Usually I would leave but stuck around, and I had my food within 10 minutes. Mind you the line was out the door.

Get the Frozen Lemonade.

9 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

CFA is good for fast food, but it's still fast food. Give it a few weeks and let the hype die down. One thing I will say is they are masters of serving you fast. I marvel at how fast I get my food. I was in Roanoke Rapids, NC on my way to Wilmington, NC and stopped for lunch. It was an absolute mob scene. Everyone driving on I-95 decided to get lunch at the same time. Usually I would leave but stuck around, and I had my food within 10 minutes. Mind you the line was out the door.

Get the Frozen Lemonade.

The fast food move to “just in time” inventory and cooking in the 90s led to huge delays.

a store should have a decent idea of customer demand in a given day and cook for this anticipated demand 

you might take a hit on occasion but quick service builds loyalty

Still hilarious to go to a WacD ten minutes north of Toronto, with 3 in line ahead of me and realize they are taking the order and cooking it for 2 at most at a time , while I stand and wait to even get my order taken

Edited by row_33

15 hours ago, matter2003 said:

They dont open on Sunday...if you love Chic-Fil-A as much as you claim you should know that..

Hell that is something anyone who knows ANYTHING about Chick-Fil-A knows...

No kidding! DID YOU FORGET we play Thursday night games here every 15 or so years?

16 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I’m reading that the Chic-Fil-A franchise is looking to expand more into Western, NY.  The first store opened in Cheektowaga a few weeks ago and last year in Rochester.  Both stores are making a killing as you can see by the huge-arse lines and the traffic.

They are trying to put another one in the Rochester area so that means Buffalo will likely follow.

Here’s my pitch....put it in New Era Stadium.  How sweet would it be to dine on chicken sandwiches and waffle fries in the stadium.  This is my dream.

Of course, with Russ Brandon out of the picture it might be possible.  He chose to hire all locally owned venues as food vendors.  

Lets my dream becomes a reality!

Dream big Phil, dream big.

3 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

2 pages and no bashing Christian beliefs of the owner.  Good job folks, you surprised me.

You are aware that you are the first to bring up the religious issue. Give yourself a demerit. 

Were talking chickens here not which side of the church aisle you kneel in. :)

Just now, JohnC said:

You are aware that you are the first to bring up the religious issue. Give yourself a demerit. 

Honesty, I didn’t even know about the religious affiliation but I could care less.  It has nothing to do with the quality of the chicken product.  Chic-Fil-A is delicious.  Period

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Honesty, I didn’t even know about the religious affiliation but I could care less.  It has nothing to do with the quality of the chicken product.  Chic-Fil-A is delicious.  Period

The issue was indirectly brought up when it was pointed out that his stores are closed on Sunday so his products wouldn't be sold at a NFL stadium on that day. 

15 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The reason is that it's hard getting anything cheap and fast done consistently well/right.

McDonalds thought it would be easy to just make their own version so they copied the sandwich.......ingredients and seasoning basically the same.........but they can't do it..  

Just not enough attention to detail in their process.

And chick-fil-a is like that with everything.

52 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Fair enough but it's about every year this overrated place gets a thread and by page 1 it's ripped apart by someone crying about religion. 

Just once I'd like to see it bashed for being terrible.

13 hours ago, CLTbills said:

Then you, sir, have never eaten the wholesome goodness that is Chick-Fil-A.

To hell with the weather. Chick-Fil-A is THE best part about living in the south!

I had it once when I was stationed in KY back in 2005. Nothing memorable about it. 

18 hours ago, Wacka said:

The second one in Buffalo will also be built in Cheektowaga, at Transit and Losson. They went in front of the town board last week  to start the process.

That's my area...as far as the town board is concerned,they allow anybody and everybody to open up anything because they want the property/school.taxes.We have two topless bars here and one adult store (city line on walden) ...yet they claim we are a family friendly town.$ talks in NY state.

4 hours ago, PastaJoe said:

And I know gay people that eat at Chic-Fil-A

But go ahead with your boycott.  They're really hurting for business :rolleyes:

18 hours ago, CowgirlsFan said:

Their chicken wraps and fruit cups are my favorite.

On 12/7/2018 at 6:12 PM, plenzmd1 said:

Funny thing bout chick fil a. Franchisees do not make a ton of money. Like a $150k a year. Weird , I would think like a $1m a year

Franchisees do not have to put up a lot of money so there is lower risk to them.

12 hours ago, row_33 said:

a store should have a decent idea of customer demand in a given day and cook for this anticipated demand 

I know, because I installed them, that Burger King uses a system called Chef, that will tell them based on sales data, how much product needs to be cooked based on anticipated demand. Btw, burgers can sit for up to 90 minutes before they are supposed to be tossed. Spicy and Crispy chicken is only allowed 30 minutes.

13 hours ago, whatdrought said:

My understanding of it, after watching a guy I knew in passing go through it, is that being a franchisee is a good gig- but that you really want to work to a point of store owner which is where the big bucks are.

The few times I've been to my local CFA, I've always seen the owner there, and he's always doing something, usually running food out to customers. 

5 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

I know, because I installed them, that Burger King uses a system called Chef, that will tell them based on sales data, how much product needs to be cooked based on anticipated demand. Btw, burgers can sit for up to 90 minutes before they are supposed to be tossed. Spicy and Crispy chicken is only allowed 30 minutes.

The few times I've been to my local CFA, I've always seen the owner there, and he's always doing something, usually running food out to customers. 

Yeah- It's definitely not what a lot of people think of when it comes to owning a business, but I believe they get the majority of their profit. No clue what percentages that looks like, but I assume its better than just being a a franchisee.