Avengers: Endgame Trailer

Mark Vader

Insane! 

I know the MCU is polarizing to a lot of people (i love it) but you have to appreciate the sheer magnitude of what this is in terms of cinematic history. 

Almost makes me feel better for the cancelation of Daredevil (which was the best Marvel Property) 

• Like (+1) 2

Hawkeye as Ronin looks awesome - Just wondering how they will do this. The assumption is that he becomes this because of his family dying due to the snap, but if that's the case, and they undo the snap, then what? Giving us Ronin and then taking him back might be hard to deal with.

Marvel is really just weaving such a brilliant literary tale.

I know it's such a pop culture thing, but there's a reason the Franchise is so damn successful and is going to continue for years, maybe a decade+ even after some of our iconic and original Avengers die in the next movie.  

Super excited!  But Captain Marvel first!  Surprised she wasn't in the Trailer, though I bet that's going to be a huge reveal in Endgame.

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Hawkeye as Ronin looks awesome - Just wondering how they will do this. The assumption is that he becomes this because of his family dying due to the snap, but if that's the case, and they undo the snap, then what? Giving us Ronin and then taking him back might be hard to deal with.

I know NOTHING obviously about the movie, but I can theorize that ultimately this movie is going to center around the remaining Avengers and Scott Lang and that they won't undo the snap until nearly the end or the very end of the movie.

My guess is death, and a lot of it, for the original guys as we transition into Phase 3(?) of the Franchise, which will likely center around Spiderman, Black Panther, Antman, and Captain Marvel.

And I think Hawkeye/Ronin dies.

All just speculation.

14 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Marvel is really just weaving such a brilliant literary tale.

I know it's such a pop culture thing, but there's a reason the Franchise is so damn successful and is going to continue for years, maybe a decade+ even after some of our iconic and original Avengers die in the next movie.  

Super excited!  But Captain Marvel first!  Surprised she wasn't in the Trailer, though I bet that's going to be a huge reveal in Endgame.

I was never even interested in any of these comic books, super hero movies, etc. until the Daredevil series on Netflix got me to give Marvel a chance, and in the past few years since that show debuted, I've entirely caught up on the Marvel movie series. They weren't all good IMO, but they were good enough. And while it will be sad to see the original guys likely die, I'm very excited for more Black Panther, Spiderman, and hopefully Ant-Man.

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Insane! 

I know the MCU is polarizing to a lot of people (i love it) but you have to appreciate the sheer magnitude of what this is in terms of cinematic history. 

Almost makes me feel better for the cancelation of Daredevil (which was the best Marvel Property) 

I have talked to some people who are big fan boys & fan girls of the comics and nearly all of them are fine with how they've made the MCU series.

One friend of mine loved Thanos' motives in the movie a lot more than in the comics, and thought that Bucky being the one responsible for the death of Stark's parents, was a bold and heavy hitting move.

I've never read the comics and I'm just enjoying this for as long as it lasts. What Marvel Studios & Disney has done with this series has been pure genius.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I have talked to some people who are big fan boys & fan girls of the comics and nearly all of them are fine with how they've made the MCU series.

One friend of mine loved Thanos' motives in the movie a lot more than in the comics, and thought that Bucky being the one responsible for the death of Stark's parents, was a bold and heavy hitting move.

I've never read the comics and I'm just enjoying this for as long as it lasts. What Marvel Studios & Disney has done with this series has been pure genius.

I've done a lot of research on the comics throughout my time as an MCU fan (wikipedia is great if you want to get character background and there isn't a huge risk of spoilers because they usually diverge just enough from the comments that it's broad strokes) in order to better know the storylines and who certain characters are, but I didn't grow up reading the comics. 

It's just dizzying that they have managed to completely own the movie based entertainment industry for so long. They literally can make movies about whatever they want and they will be in the top 5 of the blockbusters that year. It''s unprecedented. They're good movies too- even their worst attempts (like Iron man 2 and Thor 2) are still watchable entities in their own right. I love it as someone who loves a good movie/enjoys the superhero genre, and also just as an observer of the industry. 

My only major complaint with the MCU is how badly the TV show and Movie continuity was flubbed. Originally it was said that they would be linked, and then when that changed the shows became the black sheep to Feige and the movie shotcallers. I think they could have done a much better job carving out room for both sides, and then thrown us a bone with a reference or two. Honestly, Daredevil and Punisher are right there with the original Avengers for most compelling characters in the whole boat, and now their future is up in the air. 

• Like (+1) 1

And, that's a wrap.

I got comic book movie fatigue a few years ago. I didn't see Ant-Man, Black Panther, Venom in a theater, and will not be. I'll definitely see Endgame though. 

The first Captain America was the highlight for me, and (except for the second Captain America and GOTG) the stories have been fairly disappointing to me since then. There have been a few unexpected,  pleasant surprises along the way (Dr Strange!) , but for the most part I have gone just for the visual stimulation and to see what was coming next (those stinkin' Easter eggs).

But that doesn't mean I cannot appreciate the sheer scope of what has been done weaving the stories together, even if only by the thinnest of lines. This has been a true vision, and what MCU has done is nothing short of amazing. 

17 hours ago, whatdrought said:

He goes to Ronin because the registration act and to hide his identity becoming a badass again

I imagine his family was killed off partly and he's pissed.

I think I know everything going on but will be reading the breakdowns.

What would be really, really cool if at end of Avengers 4 they have an extra scene with one survivor saying "What are we going to next time this happens and we need help?" and someone else turns on bank of TVs and there are Daredevil, Luke Cage, Wonder Man, etc on screens and maybe even a news report of replacement Iron Man 'Riki Williams'. 

And I want Stan Lee in this even if it is post mortem.

It's a fairly simple trailer since they have to avoid certain stuff due to Captain Marvel coming out first.  Still, they threw together a nice little teaser there.  Supposedly they will be releasing a new Spiderman trailer soon.  Now that's one that should be incredibly tricky for obvious reasons.  I guess it's possible that it takes place before Infinity War, but that will feel really strange if you're in a theater watching that after you've already seen Endgame.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, shrader said:

It's a fairly simple trailer since they have to avoid certain stuff due to Captain Marvel coming out first.  Still, they threw together a nice little teaser there.  Supposedly they will be releasing a new Spiderman trailer soon.  Now that's one that should be incredibly tricky for obvious reasons.  I guess it's possible that it takes place before Infinity War, but that will feel really strange if you're in a theater watching that after you've already seen Endgame.

Thats what happened with Antman, nothing tied into Infinity War until the end credit scene

They typically have to be pretty secretive and hush-hush with these so they don't spoil anything, but knowing that Spiderman and Doctor Strange are getting sequels, you know they will somehow make it through, plus i believe black Widow is getting her own stand alone movie?

from what I read, they are saying this will be similar to Infinity War in that it will be funny but also have serious tone to go with it, and that its not going to be what you think or expect.

I'm wondering if they aren't going to kill anyone off, leaving some open for small returns or potential guest appearances, or they may spin them into different periods or universes where they can still continue on or leave it open for returns later. They usually loosely base their premises off the comics, so you can't really go back to them to know what will happen, it will just give you a rough idea of the intent of the story they are planning.

22 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Thats what happened with Antman, nothing tied into Infinity War until the end credit scene

Antman came out only a couple months later and he wasn’t in Infinity War at all. So it was all a lot easier there. Trailers for that movie were out long before Infinity War was released, so you didn’t know any of that stuff. Now we’re talking about releasing a trailer for a character who is currently dead. It’s very awkward. 

Apparently they did release a trailer for it at it at an event in Brazil this weekend. They’re not letting it spread beyond that right now.