RUMOR: Benjamin Allbright Cites Conjecture that Brian Daboll Could Replace Marrone in Jacksonville

Midwest1981

16 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Hmm daboll....  well he did take one of the worst QB draft prospects of all time and turn him into the PFF QB of the week in just a few months

?‍♂️

Trust me, I give Daboll the benefit of the doubt for this year. Stats are like hostages, they will tell you whatever you want them to tell you depending on how you want to spin them. But he’s had to deal with FOUR different starting QBs, 2 of which were there one week, one a rawest of raw rookie and one was Peterman! With suspect talent everywhere. He’s certainly put in the work and I’m looking forward to year 2 to get a better idea of his aptitude as an OC. Hopefully it will be more stable at QB and he will have more to work with talent wise.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 4

i skipped ahead here cause i think it's b.s.  marrone was just forced to turtle and can hackett. i refuse to believe he thought hackett was the source of all the jags ills.

there's no way they bring in another hackett.....not to mention they don't have a qb going forward.  nothing to see here...

if they come up with a solid plan for qb, maybe marrone stays, idk.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Trust me, I give Daboll the benefit of the doubt for this year. Stats are like hostages, they will tell you whatever you want them to tell you depending on how you want to spin them. But he’s had to deal with FOUR different starting QBs, 2 of which were there one week, one a rawest of raw rookie and one was Peterman! With suspect talent everywhere. He’s certainly put in the work and I’m looking forward to year 2 to get a better idea of his aptitude as an OC. Hopefully it will be more stable at QB and he will have more to work with talent wise.

Yep. Lies, damned lies, and statistics as the old saying goes.

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sometimes I get so sarcastic I lose my bearings.

If im Daboll’s agent I say “took draft trash and turned it to treasure.”

in reality... I have not formed an opinion. I like how the offense has evolved over this season, very deliberately. I’m not sure if the primary contributor was Josh growing, Daboll adapting... a mix... dunno.  Run schemes seem less coordinated. Passing game is light years ahead (again QB situation Was very different) 

I know some Alabama diehards that didn’t hate him leaving. 

I belive the pats didn’t miss a beat without him.

In the end I like what I’m seeing but don’t see what he’s done to earn the next tier.

but the trend is to grab young less experienced offensive guys to run the show.  If he interviews well it could do the trick. But I’d like him around for another year. 

19 hours ago, jr1 said:

he'll try this with Fournette 

LOL yeah... glad Tecmo doesn't make football games anymore.

That was hilarious though, just imagining someone doing that in a real game with linemen & DB's jumping at him all over the field made me laugh quite a bit

Marrone’s personality isn’t very endearing. I just don’t see guys rallying around him. Marrone has always seemed like the guy to pass the buck on someone else. When Marrone is out of options to blame others he quits or gets fired. 

I feel bad for Caldwell. Very good guy with tons of football knowledge. Ultimately his success came down to picking Bortles and then extending him. Bortles seems like a nice guy who is a very average quarterback on a good day. 

On 12/7/2018 at 9:44 AM, MrEpsYtown said:

Marrone is going to the Jets I think. I think he wants out of Jacksonville and wants to go be with his boy Mike Maccagnan. They Jets hired their coach and GM separately, which obviously is dumb. I believe that Marrone is the guy Mike Maccagnan wants to be his head coach. If Marrone isn't fired he will probably quit anyway to go to the Jets.  

I believe the Jets will go with an offensive guru, not an O line coach.

You've also got to consider that with Daboll's history of success as an OC, he'll probably have his choice of gigs. Kind of like Gregg Williams.

Who's to say he wants the Jags job? He's probably gonna demand 10 mil/year and only with Green Bay.

• Haha (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

I believe the Jets will go with an offensive guru, not an O line coach.

I think the Jets will only hire a guy with previous head coaching experience and Marrone still has a positive reputation in terms of offense because he was Sean Payton's offensive coordinator that one time. I don't think his reputation has taken a hit at all because Bortles is the scapegoat. They will not hire another nice guy players' coach like Bowles. They will hire an ***** like Marrone.  

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

You've also got to consider that with Daboll's history of success as an OC, he'll probably have his choice of gigs. Kind of like Gregg Williams.

Who's to say he wants the Jags job? He's probably gonna demand 10 mil/year and only with Green Bay.

Sources are saying that after the Bills put 17 points on the 29th ranked Miami defense, discussions are being held in Foxboro for Daboll to replace Belichick.

man, Daboll has some amazing power that people ignore his resume.  He can’t be worse than Rick Dennison!

• Haha (+1) 1

Albright has sources like any connected media guy but all he’s doing here is making an educated guess. I wouldn’t put much stock into this or praise him for “calling” Allen to the Bills. I mean, it’s widely believed that there was a QB above Allen on the Bills board so if that’s right and Albright called Allen before the draft, he wasn’t necessarily correct  in his assumption.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Sources are saying that after the Bills put 17 points on the 29th ranked Miami defense, discussions are being held in Foxboro for Daboll to replace Belichick.

man, Daboll has some amazing power that people ignore his resume.  He can’t be worse than Rick Dennison!

The Patriots have reportedly offered the Bills Belichick plus 3 first round picks in exchange for Brian Daboll, but Beane is playing hardball.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Has Gregg turned down the offer to host the Oscars yet? 

18 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....my usual uninformed, typical dumbazz question, but I will ask anyway........what exactly has Daboll shown over his career that he is NOW instantaneous HC material?..........

I think you are likely overstating what his current status is. Someone could have him on their list but that doesn’t mean he’s suddenly the hot name out there

also- offense. Anyone with any offensive success shoots up lists. That’s why some of us argue that you snag the offensive mind as HC and then you can get a great and steady dc