RUMOR: Benjamin Allbright Cites Conjecture that Brian Daboll Could Replace Marrone in Jacksonville

Midwest1981

21 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Neither do I

In my opinion it would be smart of daboll to wait a couple years get more experience and pick his spot

Would you turn down a winning lottery ticket worth $100k because you want to take your chances on having one worth a million? There are only 32 of these positions. Jax is loaded on D and are only a QB away from being a top team. If they were stupid enough to hand you the job you'd be even more of an idiot for not taking it. 

But......... I understand your thought process ?

• Like (+1) 1

Marrone is going to the Jets I think. I think he wants out of Jacksonville and wants to go be with his boy Mike Maccagnan. They Jets hired their coach and GM separately, which obviously is dumb. I believe that Marrone is the guy Mike Maccagnan wants to be his head coach. If Marrone isn't fired he will probably quit anyway to go to the Jets.  

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Albright sucks. He is the guy who baited everyone with McCoy inside info in an attempt to get them to sign up for some paid media account. 

Yeap, and no one is media likes him.

This guy throws crap at the wall all day to try and make a name for himself.

3 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Would you turn down a winning lottery ticket worth $100k because you want to take your chances on having one worth a million? There are only 32 of these positions. Jax is loaded on D and are only a QB away from being a top team. If they were stupid enough to hand you the job you'd be even more of an idiot for not taking it. 

But......... I understand your thought process ?

Easy for me to make that decision for him right lol

Being retired by your mid 40s if you "fail" does sound nice

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Marrone is going to the Jets I think. I think he wants out of Jacksonville and wants to go be with his boy Mike Maccagnan. They Jets hired their coach and GM separately, which obviously is dumb. I believe that Marrone is the guy Mike Maccagnan wants to be his head coach. If Marrone isn't fired he will probably quit anyway to go to the Jets.  

I want this to happen specifically for the media interaction with his nemesis Manish Mehta.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Daboll has never been successful as a NFL OC.  He just doesn't have the right resume yet.  Even if Daboll has the potential to be a good HC, why would a GM do this?    It would be hard to sell to the fans.  It would be hard to sell to position coaches and coordinators.  It would be hard to sell to players.  

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Allbright seems like the guy that would remove the emblem on his Honda and replace it with a BMW one.

He would tell girls that the 5 series has a very similar style to a Civic. 

LOL

I used to live down the street from someone who had an old black busted ass chevy cavalier, and on the hood had an Audi symbol

30 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

jags look to have their pick of qbs at the top of the draft. could be pretty attractive job

Except that there really don’t appear to be any very good QB’s this year.

Besides, the team is in cap hell, and old man Caughlin calls all the shots.

Jags will probably be the worst opening.

1 minute ago, Bray Wyatt said:

LOL

I used to live down the street from someone who had an old black busted ass chevy cavalier, and on the hood had an Audi symbol

I brought that up because I used to live in LA and I would see it pretty often.  I was driving behind one guy and he had the Porshe horse emblem over the "H" in the Honda.

Problem was the "H" left a little imprint on the car and the Porshe emblem wasn't big enough to cover it....you could see it and it was funny.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I brought that up because I used to live in LA and I would see it pretty often.  I was driving behind one guy and he had the Porshe horse emblem over the "H" in the Honda.

Problem was the "H" left a little imprint on the car and the Porshe emblem wasn't big enough to cover it....you could see it and it was funny.

I have seen that with Hondas!  Also, I worked with a guy (didnt know him personally) who had a chrysler 300 and he put a Bentley logo on it, one day he had left his lights on and the security guard at work emailed the entire building and said a chrysler 300/bentley has its lights on, so if anyone didnt know before they knew then lol

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

you may be correct.  him quitting would be funny.  And I'd love the Jets to have that clown.  Get them back for sending us Rex!

Edited by RyanC883
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

No way.  Imagine the NY media if the Jets hired a guy fired by Jacksonville after a double digit loss season.  The GM would be run out of town on a rail.  

The Jets are going to play to the media & hire a big name like one of the Harbaughs or McCarthy.  They're not bringing in a rookie coach again unless they feel that Darnold needs continuity and promote Bates.  

• Like (+1) 1