RUMOR: Benjamin Allbright Cites Conjecture that Brian Daboll Could Replace Marrone in Jacksonville

Midwest1981

This is pure, unbridled speculation, possibly completely unfounded.  But I came across this morning and thought it was mildly of note, especially since Allbright has a reasonable track record of getting things right.  As for as the Bills are concerned, he was absolutely right about us having essentially zeroed in on Allen last year, but league-wide he's a decent twitter follow for his sources:

Edited by Midwest1981

1 minute ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

A team hiring daboll at head coach this off season is a gutsy hire.

Daboll's coaching trajectory is he will be a head coach at some point if he wants it, but to hire him this off season. What has the guy done?

He is friends with Chris Polian.

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, Midwest1981 said:

This is pure, unbridled speculation, possibly completely unfounded.  But I came across this morning and thought it was mildly of note, especially since Allbright has a reasonable track record of getting things right.  As for as the Bills are concerned, he was absolutely right about us having essentially zeroed in on Allen last year, but league-wide he's a decent twitter follow for his sources:

Right,  hire the OC of one of the worst offences in the NFL.  That makes sense and i am sure will sell real good to their fans.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I wouldn’t say he sucked. He’s a good talent evaluator. He’s not really cut out to be the face of the FO. He’s better off behind the scenes. 

Was it him that traded a 1st for Trent Richardson? And i thought his drafts were mediocre to bad (going off of memory)

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Flip Johnson said:

There will be some weird hires this offseason with the trend towards innovative offensive minds. Some guys that wouldn't previously have been considered deserving will get hired, but I'm not sure that will include Daboll.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the trend. Its almost as if teams now hire an offensive coordinator and label them the head coach. And then hire a defensive coordinator to run all the defense while the "head coach" doesn't touch the defense