International Travelers

sherpa

On 12/8/2018 at 1:02 PM, sherpa said:

I know what your saying, but once airborne, no divert necessary.

Simply start the APU, which is more than adequate to serve as the second power source, and press on.

APU picks up the bad side easily, and ETOPS is satisfied.

I remember when I took my Dispatch oral.  The guy gave me a Denver Stapleton to Chicago Midway flight plan to prepare.  727, many inop systems, AND a W departure, which never happens because that takes you directly over the front range of the Rockies.  So long story short, I had to leave 45 people off.  They guy asked me why I didn't have the items resolved, and I told him that my company would normally defer as much as possible, so that was the mode that I operated in.  He gave me a harrumph, but I got the license that day.  So I made no assumption about the APU on my flight. 

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

It’s thst one area of diff between our great countries. I respect the views but can’t embrace them in Canada

The best part of getting back to  Canada is driving with the flow of traffic on the highways, enough said....

We drive with the flow of traffic here, pass on right, shoulder, take all available lanes... You know, drive like a-holes.  Also make "Chicago Exits"... Exit right or left from 3-4 lanes opposite.

You must be country driving in the US.  We were in Iowa City and everybody was lined up single file for 3 miles.  Nobody using the construction merge lane... Almost TOO nice to the detriment of the flow of traffic.  People were getting trapped between two lights.  I know they saw my "Ill-annoy" plates and thought "what a Richard Head!"  Well somebody had to move!  Use all lanes available and keep flow going!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

10 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Crossing INTO Canada is a hassle.  Last year we got detained at Rainbow Bridge as they looked through the whole truck.  They were looking for guns.

What a hassle.

It's been a couple of years but I do remember Canada Customs asking not if we had gun(s), but if we owned them?  WTF do they care what I own, as long as I'm not bringing it to Canada?  Of course, you have to bite your lip and say noting BUT I still consider it very bad form from our "neighbors to the North."

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

It's been a couple of years but I do remember Canada Customs asking not if we had gun(s), but if we owned them?  WTF do they care what I own, as long as I'm not bringing it to Canada?  Of course, you have to bite your lip and say noting BUT I still consider it very bad form from our "neighbors to the North."

Yeah.  Now... I wonder if you lie, they got some database.  /smh

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

We drive with the flow of traffic here, pass on right, shoulder, take all available lanes... You know, drive like a-holes.  Also make "Chicago Exits"... Exit right or left from 3-4 lanes opposite.

You must be country driving in the US.  We were in Iowa City and everybody was lined up single file for 3 miles.  Nobody using the construction merge lane... Almost TOO nice to the detriment of the flow of traffic.  People were getting trapped between two lights.  I know they saw my "Ill-annoy" plates and thought "what a Richard Head!"  Well somebody had to move!  Use all lanes available and keep flow going!

i'm terrified of your police system, i drive within reason on the speed limit

the sign saying 10 years of getting sodomized for hitting a construction worker is good incentive not to be an idiot on US roads

10 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah.  Now... I wonder if you lie, thet got some database.  /smh.

the US citizen with a work permit in Canada didn't immediately declare his status one time coming back from a BIlls game

that was a fun 3 hours wondering if i needed to get a bus ticket home and he not be allowed back into Canada

Just now, row_33 said:

the sign saying 10 years of getting sodomized for hitting a construction worker is good incentive not to be an idiot on US roads

You should be sodomized for hitting a construction worker.  That's where you are supposed to slow.

Situational awareness, it's what's for dinner.

/smh

9 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

You should be sodomized for hitting a construction worker.  That's where you are supposed to slow.

Situational awareness, it's what's for dinner.

/smh

road signs in Detroit specify this every half mile

puts a little more fear into me, more than normally have heading into MoTown

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

the US citizen with a work permit in Canada didn't immediately declare his status one time coming back from a BIlls game

that was a fun 3 hours wondering if i needed to get a bus ticket home and he not be allowed back into Canada

Wow.  They let Us into Canada (old school style) without passports.  I accidentally went through Duty Free a few years back.

Coming back... They read us riot act in US.

I felt like saying: "What? I can't comeback into my own country? Here's our ID. The Canadian Customs Agent effed up."

Smokescreen... We have a Constitution here, liberty... Rebels be rebels.

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

road signs in Detroit specify this every half mile

puts a little more fear into me, more than normally have heading into MoTown

You won't drive so fast in prison.  Maybe reaching for the soap-on-the-rope though.  

?

14 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Wow.  They let Us into Canada (old school style) without passports.  I accidentally went through Duty Free a few years back.

Coming back... They read us riot act in US.

I felt like saying: "What? I can't comeback into my own country? Here's our ID. The Canadian Customs Agent effed up."

Smokescreen... We have a Constitution here, liberty... Rebels be rebels.

You won't drive so fast in prison.  Maybe reaching for the soap-on-the-rope though.  

?

that's why it's so great to get back to Canada, better paved roads and you can drive 90mph with everyone else

never had a hassle at Customs outside of random checks, i'm not the profile of the suspicious

my job interests them so they always ask for a good story, i have 100 ready to go with

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

that's why it's so great to get back to Canada, better paved roads and you can drive 90mph with everyone else

never had a hassle at Customs outside of random checks, i'm not the profile of the suspicious

my job interests them so they always ask for a good story, i have 100 ready to go with

Again... You can do same here... Just not through a construction zone.  Actually, you can... But that's just ignorant.

I did have these plates.  They never seen them before... Probably WTF.  Hope these are in the database now.  Will test them again shortly, with tonneau cover open.

ilmichcanal.gif

Probably geographically challenged and said: "WTF 'State' is Illinois & Michigan" while not finding in database.

Plates been around for years.  First time I crossed border with them.  Esoteric, they might not be in database, this specialty plate?

15 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Again... You can do same here... Just not through a construction zone.  Actually, you can... But that's just ignorant.

I did have these plates.  They never seen them before... Probably WTF.  Hope these are in the database now.  Will test them again shortly, with tonneau cover open.

ilmichcanal.gif

Probably geographically challenged and said: "WTF 'State' is Illinois & Michigan" while not finding in database.

Plates been around for years.  First time I crossed border with them.  Esoteric, they might not be in database, this specialty plate?

most of my US driving has been outside of rapidly moving traffic, I'm not going 90 mph on the Pennsylvania turnpike, the only driver both ways

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

most of my US driving has been outside of rapidly moving traffic, I'm not going 90 mph on the Pennsylvania turnpike, the only driver both ways

Yeah... But the speed limit is LOWER IN CANADA.  100kmh is 60mph.  In most all States, 65mph.  55mph in Urban areas AND IN SOME States, 70 & 75mph in open country.

Cops will give +0-5mph over... Maybe more within reason.

Not sure how culture is in Canada... Okay I do know... But why are you going 90mph.  Or is that 90kmh (you said mph)?  Modern cars have dual guages, or press a button and go all Imperial or all Metric system.

???Huh???

Yeah... I have taken my car up to 135mph... Just for sh *ts and giggles.  But if I was ever stopped... I deserve to be thrown in slammer, butt raped: NO!  Even 90, you'd have to throw yourself @ mercy of the court.  Just because everybody is doing it, doesn't make it okay.

Edit:  It's a $$$$$$$ grab too.  To catch the "wreckless fish" in the school.  Most of the time the pack will go with flow.  Nobody is stopped if the pack acknowledges the speed trap.

46 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah... But the speed limit is LOWER IN CANADA.  100kmh is 60mph.  In most all States, 65mph.  55mph in Urban areas AND IN SOME States, 70 & 75mph in open country.

Cops will give +0-5mph over... Maybe more within reason.

Not sure how culture is in Canada... Okay I do know... But why are you going 90mph.  Or is that 90kmh (you said mph)?  Modern cars have dual guages, or press a button and go all Imperial or all Metric system.

???Huh???

Yeah... I have taken my car up to 135mph... Just for sh *ts and giggles.  But if I was ever stopped... I deserve to be thrown in slammer, butt raped: NO!  Even 90, you'd have to throw yourself @ mercy of the court.  Just because everybody is doing it, doesn't make it okay.

Edit:  It's a $$$$$$$ grab too.  To catch the "wreckless fish" in the school.  Most of the time the pack will go with flow.  Nobody is stopped if the pack acknowledges the speed trap.

the limit is 100 but everyone goes 140

i meant 90 mph when i get back to Canada

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Wait a second.   People go 40% faster than speed limit and the Po Po turns a blind eye?

buckwheat-t-shirts-of-the-little-rascals

on the 400 series highways? 

these days i won't go past 120 and am slow out there

• Haha (+1) 1