Jalen Ramsey: “Don’t Blame Me!”

YoloinOhio

25 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

No one really needs to bag on Ramsey because as much as he talks, he remains on a team that is about to get blown up.

They went from one game removed from the SB to a complete sh!!tshow in less than a year. They extended Bortles only to have him benched. They fired Hackett but kept Marrone. The players have clearly quit on the coaches. And I would disagree with the idea that Kessler looked good last night. Aikman kept talking about it being a good showing, but all I saw was an average backup at best.

Poor St Doug, every relationship he gets into is toxic!  why does this keep happening to him???

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

WR had ramsey beat on that late 4th and goal play, ball was right where it needed to be, just didn’t make the catch.

Yep, that was Davis iirc. He was having a hard time w/ Taylor as well...Mariota didn't go that way much, but Ramsey wasn't playing lights out or anything. He was lazy on Henry's long TD and totally uninterested in playing the run on several Henry rushes. 

Bouye was awful, terrible, pathetic whatever you want to call it, but Ramsey was only better by default. They were physically dominated at every level. You really shouldn't be talking at all after you get barnstormed like that imo.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, peterpan said:

Didn't he totally lose his outside contain assignment on one of Henry's ~40 yard TD runs???

Why yes yes he did. 

Believe it or not, the stiff arm to the face is still legal. 

He also took a really bad angle and got trapped inside on McCoy's 75-yard TD run back in 2016. All the Jags do is talk. Even when they're down, most of those guys can't quit flappin' their lips. Their egos have gotten in the way of playing together as a unit and it's showing. 

Regarding the overall topic, his comments are the reason why I don't mind all the coachspeak McDermott does. He knows the value of keeping everything in house. People can bag on him all they want when he doesn't reveal anything in interviews or pressers but that's the way it should be. You don't give the media and your audience anything that could potentially become a distraction. And the things that his players say are a product of his leadership and his and Beane's vision of culture. They got these guys playing together and playing for each other and that's what you want. Even in bad losses you hear post-game comments from the players that are all pretty similar, basically, "We just have to get back to work and keep grinding and keep fighting." Boring as it may be, it's a lot better than throwing your teammates under the bus and creating unnecessary tension in the locker room.

Edited by blacklabel

2 hours ago, Wo-Bah said:

He would get his a$$ handed to him on the ice.  While the NFL supports (puts up with) selfish behavior and (can be) a talk-trash league, the NHL is not and I think he would get pummeled (sp?) if he were to open his mouth.

Haha, if you honestly think nhl players are tougher than nfl players. 

55 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Poor St Doug, every relationship he gets into is toxic!  why does this keep happening to him???

He is a crappy “offensive” coach who gets carried by his defenses.  He is stuck coaching in a different era.  While I think SM is stuck in that era too, I’d much happier with him as our coach than Marrone.  

1 hour ago, Doc said:

It wasn’t a stiff arm. He grabbed the face mask and pulled down. 

Maybe they gave Henry a pass on that little tug on the mask (not denying it happened), because right after that he tossed that 246 lb linebacker off the field by the shoulder using his one free arm.

Going to be pretty embarrassing for the Jags defense when they review film with their DC (Todd Walsh - I think, never sure with how they go through coaches). I am sure Jalen will inspire the rest of them by saying things like, "there only so much I can do - the rest y'all suck".

Watching the Jags this year is like watching a train wreck in slow motion. 

3 hours ago, eball said:

Just to confirm I have this straight -- since Marrone fired scapegoat Hackett the Jags have scored 6 and 9 points...right?

You are correct sir.

And Doug is running out of bodies to throw under the bus. I wonder if his coaches call in sick when a "1:1 meeting with Doug" shows up on their calendar after a game?

Edited by WideNine