The NFL has killed the Golden Goose - ITSELF!

PUNT750

The league is definitely evolving into the NBA on turf. Lots of showboating and fouls on virtually every play.  It’s obvious to anyone who watches. Now, you either like it or not but it’s undeniable. I happen to be in the OPs court, and I place most of it on the leadership of Goodell. 

I think the beauty of the game was ruined when they started wearing helmets. And don't get me started about the forward pass (newfangled bs if ever there was bs). If I wasn't busy cursing the neighbor's kids for playing in my yard the "new" NFL would really get me steamed up.  

• Haha (+1) 1

Revenue is up because it's not longer just America anymore, it's global. Like no one in America gives a crap about the NBA, it's all China.  The NFL is doing the same thing.  

That's why a company like Nike hires Kaep for a huge marketing campaign.  Nike doesn't care that 50% or more of Americans will be offended because they aren't targeting Americans.  Nike wants to appeal to Europe and the Chinese and the best way to do that is with someone who speaks poorly of America. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

Between - -

Penalties -an average of 14 per NFL game ACCEPTED

Rules - changing then each year especially involving kick-offs, tackling and now soon to come punting to meet the players abilities

Taunting - allowing it on each and every play but calling a penalty on it only selectively

Celebrations - for an interception, fumble recovery or a TD

And Finally - - lowering the overall beauty of a great game with excellent athletes by allowing street thugs with no respect for anyone but themselves to become football hero's.  It's going to be a sad ending for those of us that love the game.

You mean black people. I have never heard anyone call a white kid a "street thug"  

Congrats on being gross

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I hate that they still get things wrong after stopping the game for several minutes for a replay review. When I'm commissioner, first thing I'm going to do is make all replays at game speed. No slow down/frame by frame close up, if you can't overturn it in real time then it is not irrefutable. Next, I'll live in something besides a 1 bedroom condo.

1 hour ago, ProcessTruster said:

yes.  the NFL is a couple more massive head injury lawsuits from being in big trouble.   so change the rules.   works for me.  head hunting needs to be out of the game as the players are so much more powerful ; someone would eventually have been killed on the field with a headshot

and vets in wheelchairs with permanent brain injuries from trauma

23 minutes ago, blitzboy54 said:

You mean black people. I have never heard anyone call a white kid a "street thug"  

Congrats on being gross

get off your high horse. It is what it is.

51 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Revenue is up because it's not longer just America anymore, it's global. Like no one in America gives a crap about the NBA, it's all China.  The NFL is doing the same thing.  

That's why a company like Nike hires Kaep for a huge marketing campaign.  Nike doesn't care that 50% or more of Americans will be offended because they aren't targeting Americans.  Nike wants to appeal to Europe and the Chinese and the best way to do that is with someone who speaks poorly of America. 

This is a laughable take. Nobody in America cares about the NBA? TV ratings are up huge in the last couple years. Do you think the Neilson ratings track China? Over 50% of America is offended by Kaep? Well under 50% of America even knows who Kap is at all let alone is offended by him. Get our of your bubble and take off your tin hat.

• Like (+1) 2

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
1 hour ago, BurpleBull said:

Old white man rant.

Interesting that you assumed he is white when he gave no indication to his race or heritage.  It's funny that people will bite your head of for stereotyping pretty much any group unless you are applying a negative stereotype to a white man.  Because we all know how most white men are evil, racist monsters. 

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

4 hours ago, papazoid said:

goose is getting fatter

NFL  TV ratings are rising when all other TV shows are declining.

NFL franchise values are skyrocketing

and you take great pride in this because.................   ?

2 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Guys that beat women probably.

Guys have been beating women for all of human history.  Check out the Old Testament if you don't believe me.  It's just that American society is finally acknowledging it's wrong -- and in some other societies, abusing women is still accepted.

12 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

Between - -

Penalties -an average of 14 per NFL game ACCEPTED

Rules - changing then each year especially involving kick-offs, tackling and now soon to come punting to meet the players abilities

Taunting - allowing it on each and every play but calling a penalty on it only selectively

Celebrations - for an interception, fumble recovery or a TD

And Finally - - lowering the overall beauty of a great game with excellent athletes by allowing street thugs with no respect for anyone but themselves to become football hero's.  It's going to be a sad ending for those of us that love the game.

Yeah, absolutely. If it were not for Fantasy sports, my interest and watching NFL games would drop significantly. If one of these new leagues can compete and take over the NFL then I'd be ok with that.  

Add to it the Players Union, Agents and Managers who watered down the game through greed. It's time to put an end to contracts that are guaranteed and don't provide an incentive for the employee to work. The prima-donna athlete needs to be put to rest. 

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

The main reason many young white people are quick to criticize their own race, is because they are trying to prove their worthiness to the social group they want to fit into, not because of there moral virtue.  They are mostly fake hypocrites.

11 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Guys have been beating women for all of human history.  Check out the Old Testament if you don't believe me.  It's just that American society is finally acknowledging it's wrong -- and in some other societies, abusing women is still accepted.

Well sure, but I’m not excusing that behavior today because it was gucci in Hammurabi’s time.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Describe said "street thugs"

“Street thug” imo a bad term.. I’d use men who have poor control over their anger.. see Hunt, Kareem for an example.  I mean I saw a former player saying repeatedly how “it’s hard for a man to walk away” no it isn’t.  It’s hard for them not normal men to walk away especially if it’s a woman..  (And I would say it’s only like 20 or 30% who have the issue but definitely hire than normal life)

2 hours ago, blitzboy54 said:

Congrats on being gross

Rather racist thought! I agree he used poor wording but street thug can be white,black, Asian or any ethnicity.. that’s a way a person acts! Sadly more African Americans grow up in the Ghettoes so more of them get associated with street thug.. but they are hardly the only thugs.. (see Mob, Italian also known as Mafia.. that has many street thugs)