The NFL has killed the Golden Goose - ITSELF!

PUNT750

56 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

The main reason many young white people are quick to criticize their own race, is because they are trying to prove their worthiness to the social group they want to fit into, not because of there moral virtue.  They are mostly fake hypocrites.

Fake hypocrites? I’ll have to think about that term for a bit. Are those as opposed to ‘genuine’ hypocrites?

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

Between - -

Penalties -an average of 14 per NFL game ACCEPTED

Rules - changing then each year especially involving kick-offs, tackling and now soon to come punting to meet the players abilities

Taunting - allowing it on each and every play but calling a penalty on it only selectively

Celebrations - for an interception, fumble recovery or a TD

And Finally - - lowering the overall beauty of a great game with excellent athletes by allowing street thugs with no respect for anyone but themselves to become football hero's.  It's going to be a sad ending for those of us that love the game.

No the NFL is very smart and will make adjustments where needed.

Now if you said the NFL has given orders to the officials to favor the larger market teams with a majority of fair weather fans then I might agree but once again that move is good for the NFL.

2 hours ago, blitzboy54 said:

You mean black people. I have never heard anyone call a white kid a "street thug"  

Congrats on being gross

OK Kaepernick.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
12 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Fake hypocrites? I’ll have to think about that term for a bit. Are those as opposed to ‘genuine’ hypocrites?

Fake people who are also hypocrites, sorry if that is tough for you to comprehend.

1 hour ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

The main reason many young white people are quick to criticize their own race, is because they are trying to prove their worthiness to the social group they want to fit into, not because of there moral virtue.  They are mostly fake hypocrites.

Maybe old people annoy young people over changing social climate and vice versa, across all races and classes, as has been the case for every new generation in American history.

4 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Southern California? ?

LOL even without seeing the name.  Strange planet over there.

38 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

“Street thug” imo a bad term.. I’d use men who have poor control over their anger.. see Hunt, Kareem for an example.  I mean I saw a former player saying repeatedly how “it’s hard for a man to walk away” no it isn’t.  It’s hard for them not normal men to walk away especially if it’s a woman..  (And I would say it’s only like 20 or 30% who have the issue but definitely hire than normal life)

Rather racist thought! I agree he used poor wording but street thug can be white,black, Asian or any ethnicity.. that’s a way a person acts! Sadly more African Americans grow up in the Ghettoes so more of them get associated with street thug.. but they are hardly the only thugs.. (see Mob, Italian also known as Mafia.. that has many street thugs)

It's really people who's parents didn't teach them any better.  They are from the Ghetto, Suburbs, and backwoods.

Edited by formerlyofCtown
Had to fix my r that didnt type or he might Respond to my post due to spelling.
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsRdue said:

Yeah, absolutely. If it were not for Fantasy sports, my interest and watching NFL games would drop significantly. If one of these new leagues can compete and take over the NFL then I'd be ok with that.  

Add to it the Players Union, Agents and Managers who watered down the game through greed. It's time to put an end to contracts that are guaranteed and don't provide an incentive for the employee to work. The prima-donna athlete needs to be put to rest. 

I'm always on the side of the athletes. They are the product and risking their health, and deserve every penny of the lowest contracts in the highest revenue generating league. 

We watch NFL to get the best of the best. Outside of criminal actions, that's all I want to see. I'd rather see a primma-donna ODB make an acrobatic catch in this league than some scrappy lunch pail type that pleases everyone.. throw in a bunch of Andre Holmes' in the league to replace every primma-donna / failed-a-drug-test-once athlete and it's not the NFL. Merit-based athletes are going to rule the NFL, because talent rules.. and athletes that have god given talent and been pampered their whole lives are going to act like spoiled jackwagons. 

If we don't want to watch elite athletes we can watch BYU football instead lol. Don't we all just love watching the Harvard-Yale rivalry week? It's the toast of the town for football fans. It's everybody's choice.. but we're getting what we signed up for when we watch pro sports: ultra talented entertaining and polarizing athletes.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
1 hour ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Maybe old people annoy young people over changing social climate and vice versa, across all races and classes, as has been the case for every new generation in American history.

Social media has changed things.  I'm in my mid thirties but it seems like people in my age group and younger than me believe that sounding off against white men is some indication of moral superiority rather than just treating everyone you come in contact with on a daily basis with respect.  I highly doubt many of them are as virtuous in real life as they appear to be on the internet.  To me it is seems they want to be included in what as seen as the more hip social groups and if they have to demonize white men to do it, so be it. 

The narrative in much of America is that white men are responsible for all the problems we have and their main concern is to keep minorities down.  On the other hand all women are angels that hover off the ground and never lie.  In actuality most white men are just doing their best to get by and do the best they can for their families just like anyone else.  The lessons we learned from things like the Duke Lacrosse for example have completely evaporated.  The whole thing is ridiculous and it fuels the base of power for people who seek to rule through authority rather than democracy.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

14 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

Between - -

Rules - changing then each year especially involving kick-offs, tackling and now soon to come punting to meet the players abilities

Taunting - allowing it on each and every play but calling a penalty on it only selectively

And Finally - - lowering the overall beauty of a great game with excellent athletes by allowing street thugs with no respect for anyone but themselves to become football hero's.  It's going to be a sad ending for those of us that love the game.

Penalties - Its not that amount of penalties (I don't know how you legislate lower amount of penalties without resulting in a bunch of missed calls) but rather it should be about consistency in the rules. 

Rules - Changing rules year to year is fairly common in sports leagues. I don't have an issue with tweaking things. The rules of the NFL and how they are enforced aren't set in stone they are subject to adjustment. 

Taunting  and Celebrations - No one liked the No Fun League the loosening of the celebration rules are a good thing. It allows the players to have a personality. 

I think the biggest issue with the NFL is the Thursday Night Games and the lack of consistent enforcement in the games. The Thursday games have overexposed the product and resulted in most bad games played on Thursdays. The players hate it a lot of fans don't like it. It used to be that after Monday NFL football went away. If you are a college fan and an NFL fan it used to be that you got a 4 day break between Monday and Saturday games. Now football is just on all days of the week and its causing fatigue among the audience. 

I also think the lack of consistency and innovation in rules is lacking which is hurting in the product. 

1 hour ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

If we don't want to watch elite athletes we can watch BYU football instead lol. Don't we all just love watching the Harvard-Yale rivalry week? It's the toast of the town for football fans. It's everybody's choice.. but we're getting what we signed up for when we watch pro sports: ultra talented entertaining and polarizing athletes.

I've actually enjoyed college games more than the pro games this year.  The officiating is more consistent, the games have more passion and the fans really get into it. I love the marching bands in the stands, cheerleaders, die hards geared up and the true rivalries inside the major conferences. Conference championships and bowl games make Holiday football worth watching.  Way better than the Jags-Titans Thursday.

Edited by BillsRdue
  • Like (+1) 3

16 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

Between - -

I agree with 1 & 3. Number 2 is okay for reducing head injuries. 

I disagree with 4 & 5. 

4. Celebrations are pretty fun to watch.

5. A bit more problematic. There are as many good old traditional heroes in the NFL as ever. The Bradys, Wittens, Mannings, Brees and so on. 

Then, there are the anti-heroes like the Ramseys, Newtons, and Lynches.

But the NFL has had this dimension for a long time. Think Deion Sanders or Romanowski vs. Barry Sanders or Montana.

In terms of thugs, who do you mean? 

What constitutes a thug?

8 hours ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Interesting that you assumed he is white when he gave no indication to his race or heritage.  It's funny that people will bite your head of for stereotyping pretty much any group unless you are applying a negative stereotype to a white man.  Because we all know how most white men are evil, racist monsters. 

Are you crying? 

6 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

I've actually enjoyed college games more than the pro games this year.  The officiating is more consistent, the games have more passion and the fans really get into it. I love the marching bands in the stands, cheerleaders, die hards geared up and the true rivalries inside the major conferences. Conference championships and bowl games make Holiday football worth watching.  Way better than the Jags-Titans Thursday.

good post, all valid reasons why college ball is better to watch, IMO. Not only is the officiating way more consistent, there are no officials named Hochuli in the NCAA ...

• Like (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
2 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

Are you crying? 

If that is the best you can do it is better to not say anything at all rather than show everyone that you lack the capacity to come up with something the least bit witty or somewhat thought provoking.  

29 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

If that is the best you can do it is better to not say anything at all rather than show everyone that you lack the capacity to come up with something the least bit witty or somewhat thought provoking.  

Oh, I have the capacity. 

I would also assume that you are white. 

9 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

Oh, I have the capacity. 

I would also assume that you are white. 

any assumption involving race on a message board is dangerous and makes me question your said capacity