Thursday Night Football?

RaoulDuke79

Just now, Joeziehmer said:

Went to the AFC Championship last season and beat us in the playoffs; quit being so bitter neither of us goes to the playoffs this year.  It’s kind of like a slap fight between two old men with dementia over pudding and purée.  

Again,  cut back on the drinking.  I am not bitter in the slightest about them beating us last year.  Was a very good defensive game and we came up short.  We made the playoffs after a 17 year drought, and they did a fine job getting to the divisional finals.

Let's just try to focus on the actual topic.  My point is this:  they imploded this year, despite having the football czar many wanted in Coughlin.  Coughlin made a big mistake in not addressing his QB situation, and their tem is about to land in a difficult cap position.  So they have a czar, a GM, and a HC in Marrone, but imploded.  The point is this:  you don't need that kind of a structure.  You need a good GM and HC that work together to put a team together.  A "czar" to oversee them to me just adds anther unnecessary management layer.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Completely undisciplined locker room.  No QB.  $12.5 million over the cap next year.

However, they still have a really good D (even though it doesn't look like it) and a good ground game.

I am not piling on when I say that given this team's window (or lack there of) they can't fool around by keeping Doug another year.

42 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Lol what? 

They have the replacements ready before the seasons over and interviews have taken place.

ya sure.

Plenty of positions are offered via back channel communications through agents. This applies to front office execs, coaches, and players.   Surely you know this.

26 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Completely undisciplined locker room.  No QB.  $12.5 million over the cap next year.

However, they still have a really good D (even though it doesn't look like it) and a good ground game.

A good ground game...wow, that’s great.  ?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

You are right.

Id be surprised if he truly was a candidate as I mentioned in another thread. His track record is not very good and I'm not sure what's been so impressive about him this year? 

That often doesn't matter with many hiring decisions based on relationships rather than merit. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Why did you take out the part where I said Doug can't survive?

I agree that Marrone can’t survive.  

I wasn’t making fun of you, just highlighting the stupidity of building a “ground-and-pound” offense in today’s NFL.  The Jags have managed the QB position worse than any team in the league.

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

I agree that Marrone can’t survive.  

I wasn’t making fun of you, just highlighting the stupidity of building a “ground-and-pound” offense in today’s NFL.  The Jags have managed the QB position worse than any team in the league.

Great point, lost on me during the first reading.  My bad for being thick, Mannc.

I agree completely, and man, Mannc....you just can't do this today.  I know we have our own feelings about the guy, but that aside he honestly never should have been hired for that job in the first place.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

6 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Great point, lost on me during the first reading.  My bad for being thick, Mannc.

I agree completely, and man, Mannc....you just can't do this today.  I know we have our own feelings about the guy, but that aside he honestly never should have been hired for that job in the first place.

Remember, the Jags are also the franchise that passed on Big Ben for a lousy WR and drafted a punter (!) one slot before Russell Wilson.?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, mannc said:

Remember, the Jags are also the franchise that passed on Big Ben for a lousy WR and drafted a punter (!) one slot before Russell Wilson.?

Please don't, Mannc...they F'd us that year...OK, we should have offered them more, but they F'd us. We gave them a good deal and they should have taken it.

Ridiculous 14 year nightmare.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

3 hours ago, Dopey said:

I still think he is. He should get 1 more year with a healthy oline. It got so bad, they are starting Giants reject Flowers at LT. That line has been decimated all season. Bortles doesn't help either. I think he'll be back next year.

He chose to keep bortles, had plenty of other options out there

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

I love how a runner can stiff arm someone in the facemask and it's ok, yet a defender does it and it's a penalty 

...then proceeds to take a 246 lb Jacobs by the shoulder and toss him aside like noth'n.

Tell me you can't picture Henry yelling, "and you want some too huh - take that....biyatch!".

Loved that run.

I usually am more annoyed when the hands in face rule is not enforced on offensive blockers as it is actually written. On a runner, especially the power runner variety, tacklers should know they have to take a good angle to get them low, or they will likely be immortalized as the brunt of an internet meme.

22 hours ago, WideNine said:

...then proceeds to take a 246 lb Jacobs by the shoulder and toss him aside like noth'n.

Tell me you can't picture Henry yelling, "and you want some too huh - take that....biyatch!".

Loved that run.

I usually am more annoyed when the hands in face rule is not enforced on offensive blockers as it is actually written. On a runner, especially the power runner variety, tacklers should know they have to take a good angle to get them low, or they will likely be immortalized as the brunt of an internet meme.

I just find it funny that it's never called on a runner, but always called on the defender, whats the difference?

Another visiting team losing on Thursday night this year......

So one coach, a year after his team makes the playoffs, with a team built defence first, with an offence that's built  as a run first offence, and mismanaged the QB position and on the 2nd OC, deserves to be fired cause his team regressed in the 2nd year?

9 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I just find it funny that it's never called on a runner, but always called on the defender, whats the difference?

Another visiting team losing on Thursday night this year......

So one coach, a year after his team makes the playoffs, with a team built defence first, with an offence that's built  as a run first offence, and mismanaged the QB position and on the 2nd OC, deserves to be fired cause his team regressed in the 2nd year?

You spell words funny. No offence. :D