Snow Shovelers needed at New Era

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

and your only hope of getting a real raise is to solicit a competing offer and hold it against your employer

Or in this case, hope for another round of 'lake effect' snow.  A BIG round.  ?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Clarification.

10 hours ago, RobH063 said:

$12 an hour and a nose bleed section ticket and some pizza to shovel snow? Are you kidding me? I get that there are a lot of people out of work that will jump at the chance to make some cash but what a slap in the face. You can make more money flippin burgers! $12 an hour so multi-millionaires can play a game and get paid by multi-billionaires? Give me a frickin break. Pay them at least $25 an hour and give them a decent seat for the game. It's really too bad that these Billionaires dangle a little carrot out in front of people who really need the money to get cheap labor. Why don't they do something decent for these people. Surprise them with a $1,000.00 check with a memo that says "Happy Holidays". $12 an hour. What a joke!

Nose-bleed seats at the Ralph are decent seats and premium seats in just about every other stadium. Proud member of the section 333/334 crew! Great view of the entire game

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RobH063 said:

I have no intention of going there to shovel snow. I'm neither close enough to the stadium or in need of the money. I wouldn't think of taking away an opportunity for someone who does need the money. But what bothers me is that you must think it's fine for a Billionaire to pay someone as little as $12 to do back breaking work and YoloinOhio finds it funny that I would find it Outrageous that these people are being taken advantage of by Billionaires or that you had a smart A** remark about my position. All I was saying was that I find it reprehensible to pay people so little to do a hard job. I'd like to know why taking advantage of people is acceptable?

No one is being taken advantage of in this scenario.  A bunch of Buffalonians have the opportunity to pocket some extra cash AND go to a Bills game against a divisional opponent.  For a lot of the volunteers, Bills games aren't in the budget. 

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Granted there's no rich owner, but for reference it looks like the going rate last year at Lambeau was $10/hour with no mention of lunch, dinner or a ticket. 

https://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/fans/2017/12/18/hundreds-turn-out-clear-lambeau-field-snow/961392001/

Now how crazy is this? You could potentially have team "owners" out there shoveling snow and getting paid for it!

Edited by thebandit27
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

If I was a college kid in Buffalo I'd probably do it just for the story.

I'm a 38-year old in Buffalo, and if I didn't have to be at work today I'd do it.  Why?  Because my kids will occasion to ask me for things that they don't need, and I tell them that I will gladly provide them with everything that they need, and only a little of what they want; they need to learn how to earn money for the things that they want.  This shoveling opportunity is a great way for me to be an example to them that there are opportunities everywhere to make an extra buck.

Of course, their solution to everything is to bake cookies and sell them...which they can get away with because they're cute kids.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m thinking of signing up to shovel.  I’ll probably work for a few minutes then take off in the bathroom with my phone (to watch movies) until it’s break time.  

I’ll eat some pizza and then go out to work for a few more minutes and then go back in the bathroom to hide for a few hours until it’s dinner time.  Then I’ll eat an leave

And the end of the day I will have worked for just a few minutes, make about $100 cash, get the ticket for the Bills game and I’ll get fed 2 meals.  Plus I’ll get to watch some movies in the bathroom.  You can’t go wrong

11 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Sounds like a good character building exercise. I hear KB was also scheduled to attend, but well, you know...

Character Building

Yeah, KB was a 'character' alright...?

?

1 minute ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I’m thinking of signing up to shovel.  I’ll probably work for a few minutes then take off in the bathroom with my phone (to watch movies) until it’s break time.  

I’ll eat some pizza and then go out to work for a few more minutes and then go back in the bathroom to hide for a few hours until it’s dinner time.  Then I’ll eat an leave

And the end of the day I will have worked for just a few minutes, make about $100 cash, get the ticket for the Bills game and I’ll get fed 2 meals.  Plus I’ll get to watch some movies in the bathroom.  You can’t go wrong

Phil the Thrill = KB?  ?

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Steptide said:

Honestly no Thank you. I know the NFL probably gave us 3 home games in December in hopes there'd be another game like the Colts last year, but I wanna see Allen throw and recievers make plays. 

League is giving us lots of December home games to make the fans say its too cold build us a new area and make the Pegulas say the same. Roger and the owners have an insatiable craving for money.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Like A Mofo said:

League is giving us lots of December home games to make the fans say its too cold build us a new area and make the Pegulas say the same. Roger and the owners have an insatiable craving for money.

but, but aren't all these december home games outdoors an advantage to only the bills ??  (sarcasm alert)