Snow Shovelers needed at New Era

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, wppete said:

Love it! Please be a snow game again ❄️ 

Honestly no Thank you. I know the NFL probably gave us 3 home games in December in hopes there'd be another game like the Colts last year, but I wanna see Allen throw and recievers make plays. 

cbssports.com has the following headline on their landing page:

"Bills trying to bribe fans into shoveling snow for them"

Actual article doesn't maintain that douchey tone, even mentioning it as an annual tradition early on. Wonder how long that headline sticks on the main page.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bills-will-give-you-money-and-free-nfl-ticket-if-youre-willing-to-do-one-small-thing-for-them/

My snoring just woke somebody up!!! My wife is just now getting back to the airport, so it might have been ME! I guess she’’s still in the other bedroom until this cold goes away......or until our next lifetime. 

46 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

As I saw Kelly being taken away on the cart, I said 'he's not coming back'. 'Ever'. The 'last play' was ruled a fumble. I thought Kelly was down by contact. The snow was flying horizontal in my face, as I made my way back to the parking lot. It was one of those almost tragic events where you remember every detail.. ?

I was at that game as well. Had a great time tailgating with a couple of buddies and it was a pretty entertaining game, however I do remember feeling the same way you did. The Bills were losing, Kelly was out of the game and whatever buzz I had from the morning beer fest had worn off with the stress of the game. Suddenly it dawned on me that there wasn't enough time for the Bills to come back and Kelly looked broken on his way out. They were going to lose and they did. It was a pretty bleak car ride home!

5 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

$12 an hour, a free game ticket, and got pizza from LaNova.  Not a bad deal!  Also how do they know you are shoveling?  Can’t you show up to shovel and disappear in the bathroom for 6 hours only to come out and collect your cash and ticket?

They have workers there who are helping out with the snow removal, but also keep a general eye out over everyone. They'll generally leave u alone to shovel the snow, but if they see u slacking off or hanging out with a group of people, they'll come over & give u the ultimatum of either work or leave.

I got away with doing as little work as possible when i was there before, but my friend was pissed at me bcuz he nearly thru his back out shoveling, while i was drinking a flask of whiskey with some guys & smoking, whenever i got the chance. Hey it was cold out there :P

Edited by brianthomas

$12 an hour and a nose bleed section ticket and some pizza to shovel snow? Are you kidding me? I get that there are a lot of people out of work that will jump at the chance to make some cash but what a slap in the face. You can make more money flippin burgers! $12 an hour so multi-millionaires can play a game and get paid by multi-billionaires? Give me a frickin break. Pay them at least $25 an hour and give them a decent seat for the game. It's really too bad that these Billionaires dangle a little carrot out in front of people who really need the money to get cheap labor. Why don't they do something decent for these people. Surprise them with a $1,000.00 check with a memo that says "Happy Holidays". $12 an hour. What a joke!

2 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

$12 an hour and a nose bleed section ticket and some pizza to shovel snow? Are you kidding me? I get that there are a lot of people out of work that will jump at the chance to make some cash but what a slap in the face. You can make more money flippin burgers! $12 an hour so multi-millionaires can play a game and get paid by multi-billionaires? Give me a frickin break. Pay them at least $25 an hour and give them a decent seat for the game. It's really too bad that these Billionaires dangle a little carrot out in front of people who really need the money to get cheap labor. Why don't they do something decent for these people. Surprise them with a $1,000.00 check with a memo that says "Happy Holidays". $12 an hour. What a joke!

It is kind of a weird situation. I guess the reward would increase of no one showed...

They could easily pay more to get some professionals in there to clear the place out. But, you know, it's Buffalo. Where people enjoy being miserable.

1 hour ago, RobH063 said:

You know that you’re not obligated to go there and shovel, right?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, SCBills said:
8 hours ago, RobH063 said:

You know that you’re not obligated to go there and shovel, right?

I have no intention of going there to shovel snow. I'm neither close enough to the stadium or in need of the money. I wouldn't think of taking away an opportunity for someone who does need the money. But what bothers me is that you must think it's fine for a Billionaire to pay someone as little as $12 to do back breaking work and YoloinOhio finds it funny that I would find it Outrageous that these people are being taken advantage of by Billionaires or that you had a smart A** remark about my position. All I was saying was that I find it reprehensible to pay people so little to do a hard job. I'd like to know why taking advantage of people is acceptable?

Edited by RobH063

35 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

I have no intention of going there to shovel snow. I'm neither close enough to the stadium or in need of the money. I wouldn't think of taking away an opportunity for someone who does need the money. But what bothers me is that you must think it's fine for a Billionaire to pay someone as little as $12 to do back breaking work and YoloinOhio finds it funny that I would find it Outrageous that these people are being taken advantage of by Billionaires or that you had a smart A** remark about my position. All I was saying was that I find it reprehensible to pay people so little to do a hard job. I'd like to know why taking advantage of people is acceptable?

Because pay is equal to the value added by the task; it has no relation to the wealth of the payer.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Because pay is equal to the value added by the task; it has no relation to the wealth of the payer.

So you're saying the Bills (Millionaires and Billionaires) Value the task of shoveling snow for hours to be worth less than working at a fast food joint? You're making my point for me.

Edited by RobH063

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

and your only hope of getting a real raise is to solicit a competing offer and hold it against your employer

58 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

So you're saying the Bills (Millionaires and Billionaires) Value the task of shoveling snow for hours to be worth less than working at a fast food joint? You're making my point for me.

Just because a government entity makes a law that requires a company to pay a certain rate, that doesn't mean that the work is worth a greater value.

There's a reason that kids shovel driveways at $5 a pop--it's unskilled labor that anyone can do. 

Nobody is is entitled to more of the Pegulas money just because they happen to be billionaires--that thought process is selfish and wrong IMO.

The bottom line here is that any job is worth what someone is willing to pay. If they don't get enough shovelers, then they'll need to pay more. If they do get enough, then clearly the pay is sufficient to attract willing participants.

21 minutes ago, row_33 said:

and your only hope of getting a real raise is to solicit a competing offer and hold it against your employer

Sure. Or go do something on your own. Either way, pay is based upon the value of the task performed.

• Like (+1) 4