Snow Shovelers needed at New Era

YoloinOhio

I did that back in 1994. I was unemployed at the time but wanted to see the Bills vs Chiefs in the AFCC. $5/hr. and miserable work. After our shift we got paid cash and given a  ticket to that game.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 7

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I did that back in 1994. I was unemployed at the time but wanted to see the Bills vs Chiefs in the AFCC. $5/hr. and miserable work. After our shift we got paid cash and given a  ticket to that game.

I was at that game, I remember we kicked the Chiefs ass, knocked out Joe Montana and basically won going away...and it was freaking cold...even with all those positive emotions going on, I was still cold.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I was at that game, I remember we kicked the Chiefs ass, knocked out Joe Montana and basically won going away...and it was freaking cold...even with all those positive emotions going on, I was still cold.

You didn't dress properly.

14 minutes ago, wppete said:

Love it! Please be a snow game again ❄️ 

34 and Sunny on Sunday.Everybody in the area had a few inches fall on their grounds today...flurries on friday.the

Sorry...no snow game for you.

• Sad 1

Just a word of advice for anyone that does this. Make sure to keep good track of the hours you work. As in the past I've known people who've gotten their pay hours shorted.

Also they don't pay you at the end of the day. They send you out a check in a week or 2 or I believe u can go back there to pick it up. But if you're looking to get some quick cash, just know that you won't be getting it that day.

Make sure to dress warm & it wouldnt hurt bringing something to drink with ya. As all they'll provide is water from one of those 5 gallon gatorade jugs... if ur lucky.

I did this back a couple years ago. Dont think i'll ever do it again haha

Edited by brianthomas

6 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

$12 an hour, a free game ticket, and got pizza from LaNova.  Not a bad deal!  Also how do they know you are shoveling?  Can’t you show up to shovel and disappear in the bathroom for 6 hours only to come out and collect your cash and ticket?

you must be a millenial ?

just seems like too much work for a ticket you could buy for 20$

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

OMG...shoveling snow for a conference championship ticket?  I would have gotten their at 5:00 am to start if I a ticket was involved.

Glad you got to see a win too.

22 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

As I said 2 inches.

Thats what she said.

• Haha (+1) 5

Brandon?..........Brandon?..........anyone?........:.

1994:  Ralph owned the team.  Be glad you got the fiver an hour.

Now:  Pegulas own the team.  They treat the workers humanely.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Clarification of the Pegula era.

39 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

OMG...shoveling snow for a conference championship ticket?  I would have gotten their at 5:00 am to start if I a ticket was involved.

Glad you got to see a win too.

Thats what she said.

Haha, I didn't have to shovel, I got the tickets as a Christmas present...yeah much better than the Jacksonville-Bills playoff game I was at a few years later where the stadium sat stunned as we first lost Kelly and then the game. 

Nobody knew it when it happened but we were all witnesses to the last game Kelly ever played.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Brandon?..........Brandon?..........anyone?........:.

1994:  Ralph owned the team.  Be glad you got the fiver an hour.

Now:  Pegulas own the team.  Treat the workers humanely.

They give you lunch and dinner - LaNova pizza. Woo hoo

14 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

They give you lunch and dinner - LaNova pizza. Woo hoo

If you don’t like it, you don’t go, right? Apparently it works for them if that’s how they handle it. 

I’ll give it my all, for an open ticket at Tempo. 

?