Allen or Darnold: Who Would You Rather Have?

Who would you rather have?  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather have?

• Josh Allen
    • Sam Darnold?

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

What you see from both on Sunday will probably not be indicative of the way they'll play 2 years from now. I think McB made the right call choosing Allen considering his size and arm strength in the Buffalo wind. Josh's mobility is a very pleasant surprise. They both are good character guys with great leadership qualities. Sam will be more accurate to start but I see him struggling years down the road. Josh will require reinforcements on the OL and WR/TE. If McB fail in finding this support system for Josh, than he's likely to fail also.....

The whole “Buffalo wind” excuse is a joke.  When was the last time any QB struggled throwing in the Buffalo wind?

3 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Interesting question.  Based on 12 weeks (or so) of games, if you were drafting today and had your pick of either Sam Darnold or Josh Allen, who do you draft?

How many times do we need this same pole on a bills board? What in the world makes you think its at all interesting? If you are being serious, ive got this paddle with a rubber ball attatched w/a string youd find 'interesting'. Thing will knock ur socks off! 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

What you see from both on Sunday will probably not be indicative of the way they'll play 2 years from now. I think McB made the right call choosing Allen considering his size and arm strength in the Buffalo wind. Josh's mobility is a very pleasant surprise. They both are good character guys with great leadership qualities. Sam will be more accurate to start but I see him struggling years down the road. Josh will require reinforcements on the OL and WR/TE. If McB fail in finding this support system for Josh, than he's likely to fail also.....

As if he had the choice to draft Darnold as the J-E-T-S got him at #3. Oh well, I still think we got the better guy. 

I was honest and stayed with my preference of Darnold. Josh is making it look better every week, but time will tell. In a decade I bet we know for sure, but even then there may be arguments. That would probably be a good thing, as they’d both be IN the league. 

1 minute ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

WHO TF VOTED FOR DARNOLD

I admit it. Only because the sample size is so small, and I wanted Darnold as my first choice out of college (Baker was #2). Who can tell from what we’ve seen so far and the supporting casts? Don’t get me wrong, I’m LOVING watching Josh. I haven’t been this excited about the next game in many, many years!  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, gobills1212 said:

How many times do we need this same pole on a bills board? What in the world makes you think its at all interesting? If you are being serious, ive got this paddle with a rubber ball attatched w/a string youd find 'interesting'. Thing will knock ur socks off! 

I really don't get this. Do you scan the discussion threads looking for an opportunity for a snarky insult?

It's a relevant discussion because they're playing each other on Sunday. It's a relevant discussion because they're playing in the same division. It's a relevant discussion because Darnold was rated so much higher during the draft. It's a relevant discussion because so many Bills fans would have preferred Darnold 13 weeks ago. 

But, if you don't like the discussion, why participate? Just to piss in someone else's punch bowl?

• Thank you (+1) 3