Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Thrill

Allen or Darnold: Who Would You Rather Have?

Who would you rather have?  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather have?

• Josh Allen
    • Sam Darnold?

9 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

Im sorry you feel insulted, but im insulted my time was wasted by clicking on the topic to find something of interest... only to find this. It is what it is and like it or love it, now you know!

Hilarious...  You are insulted that you had to waste your time clicking on a thread titled " Allen or Darnold: Who Would You Rather Have?" to see what it was about, if it was worth your time, or if it was of interest to you?  What were you expecting the thread to be about, the meaning of life?  In the immortal words of Mr Rodgers, RELAX!  We are neighbors here, eh?

57 minutes ago, cwater10 said:

Hilarious...  You are insulted that you had to waste your time clicking on a thread titled " Allen or Darnold: Who Would You Rather Have?" to see what it was about, if it was worth your time, or if it was of interest to you?  What were you expecting the thread to be about, the meaning of life?  In the immortal words of Mr Rodgers, RELAX!  We are neighbors here, eh?

I understand your point, but i honestly thought this was the initial post from 2 weeks ago that contained some excellent back and forth and quality points. Part of it wont be understood to those who are new. Some former BBMB posters bring quality and insightful information and conversation. I wont even go as far to say that site closing ruined this one bc thats not fair and doesnt have to be the case. By and large however,  the influx of folks changed this board.

Simple concepts like scanning for existing topics to continue conversations went out the window. Right or wrong, theres no denying nowadays someone decides to create a topic for something they deem original (when its not) OR think their slightly altered view deserves its own thread bc its important enough and starts one. 

Now, mind you this isnt a rant i just decided needed to be shared. I was fine engaging in good conversation and throwing some snark at the silly stuff. Someone called me out for being a smarty pants and inquired why - so i shared. It is what it is. It wont be popluar and i get that. Im also not ashamed to be real and explain it. 

If you still dont get it, look no further than the recent 'can we start Barkley against the Jets' thread for the proof in the pudding.

Edited by gobills1212
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

I understand your point, but i honestly thought this was the initial post from 2 weeks ago that contained some excellent back and forth and quality points. Part of it wont be understood to those who are new. Some former BBMB posters bring quality and insightful information and conversation. I wont even go as far to say that site closing ruined this one bc thats not fair and doesnt have to be the case. By and large however,  the influx of folks changed this board.

Simple concepts like scanning for existing topics to continue conversations went out the window. Right or wrong, theres no denying nowadays someone decides to create a topic for something they deem original (when its not) OR think their slightly altered view deserves its own thread bc its important enough and starts one. 

Now, mind you this isnt a rant i just decided needed to be shared. I was fine engaging in good conversation and throwing some snark at the silly stuff. Someone called me out for being a smarty pants and inquired why - so i shared. It is what it is. It wont be popluar and i get that. Im also not ashamed to be real and explain it. 

If you still dont get it, look no further than the recent 'can we start Barkley against the Jets' thread for the proof in the pudding.

It isn't all the BBMB's fault.   A  point of fact, the mods stressed using the Search feature there.  Dups were closed regularly. 

Some guys there would create dup threads because 100 pages was "too much" to read through.  How disjointed was that?  100 pages or 5 threads of 20 pages?

There are those that will purposefully change a word or two to make it appear as if it is a change in context to argue why it's "not the same".

And there are some petty enough as to refuse to post in threads so they create their own instead of  joining in the conversation.  

Also some of the former BBMBers are also former TBD members. 

• Like 1