Allen or Darnold: Who Would You Rather Have?

Who would you rather have?  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather have?

• Josh Allen
    • Sam Darnold?

It's funny I had a read of the Jets page and it's the exact opposite.

The question was would you rather have Darnold or Allen and two second rounders. Apparently you couldn't give a couple of them enough second rounders to take Allen.

2 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

How many times do we need this same pole on a bills board? What in the world makes you think its at all interesting? If you are being serious, ive got this paddle with a rubber ball attatched w/a string youd find 'interesting'. Thing will knock ur socks off! 

Just keep scrolling till you find a topic that you find interesting. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Interesting question.  Based on 12 weeks (or so) of games, if you were drafting today and had your pick of either Sam Darnold or Josh Allen, who do you draft?

Seriously ? 

You can’t change it.   Dreamer.  It is what it is. 

what is the purpose of the poll and question? 

Might as well ask if we would have been better drafting Riley Ferguson ?

Edited by mead107
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Interesting question.  Based on 12 weeks (or so) of games, if you were drafting today and had your pick of either Sam Darnold or Josh Allen, who do you draft?

I never wanted Darnold to begin with , 

B Mayfield was my 1st choice , Allen was my 2nd , if the draft was today knowing what we know now Allen would be my first choice 

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

I really don't get this. Do you scan the discussion threads looking for an opportunity for a snarky insult?

It's a relevant discussion because they're playing each other on Sunday. It's a relevant discussion because they're playing in the same division. It's a relevant discussion because Darnold was rated so much higher during the draft. It's a relevant discussion because so many Bills fans would have preferred Darnold 13 weeks ago. 

But, if you don't like the discussion, why participate? Just to piss in someone else's punch bowl?

Nah brah, pissing in the punch bowl is watering it down such as this. There was litterally the same poll and thread after the jax game and numerous times before that. Dont be lazy and start a new thread bc you want the attention. Bump the last one.... bc really, on a Bills board , what do you expect?? Spoiler : a couple people who still dislike Allen, and everyone else picking Allen. I personally come here for good conversation, news, and information. This is just watering down intelligent talk.

I may be in the minority, but this is silly. Stuff like this is on facebook with someones aunt sally talking about how cute Josh's dimples are or someones sister suzy saying Darnolds better bc hes got a better butt. Then out of leftfield someone says they should trade Benjamin- totally unaware the deadline has passed, that hes no longer on the team, and more stupidly assuming someone would want him with that $$. This was, and sometimes still is, (thanks in large part to mr  cornerblitz26 and many other thoughtful contributors) a place to get away from that nonsense. A thread of this ilk for the umpteenth time moves the needle just a bit more towards the aforementioned junk. 

Its so bad, sometimes i listen to one bills live (like yesterday when some idiot calls and goes on about how barkley should still be playing or nownthey can finally bring back brandon reilly) and the thought pops into my head 'hmmm, i wonder what that guys handle is'. I just shake my head and wonder bc some of these posts are like that now. I dont even mean to be negative about it and of course i cld just go on my merry way...but gee golly its a tough thing to to when you have to wade through 3 nonsense topics to find one that hasnt already been discussed 3x already!

Sure its off topic to a degree - but you asked and this is simply a retread anyway. Im sorry you feel insulted, but im insulted my time was wasted by clicking on the topic to find something of interest... only to find this. It is what it is and like it or love it, now you know!

Edit* its only fitting the name Nick Foles appears somewhere in this thread, so here it is. Nick Foles.

1 hour ago, mead107 said:

Seriously ? 

You can’t change it.   Dreamer.  It is what it is. 

what is the purpose of the poll and question? 

Might as well ask if we would have been better drafting Riley Ferguson ?

Word

Edited by gobills1212
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

< EXTENDED GIBBERISH AND DIATRIBE REMOVED>

Edit* its only fitting the name Nick Foles appears somewhere in this thread, so here it is. Nick Foles.

Word

The moderators need to add a new emoticon to react to posts because <confused> doesn't cover it

Edited by cage
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Allen.

will be the best.

I am hoping so. On draft night, I really had no idea which, if any, of the 1st round QBs would eventually become franchise caliber QBs - and I still don't know. What I do know is this: I absolutely love the toughness, fearlessness, passion, drive and character of Allen. I remember, shortly after the draft, Beane saying, "This kid is Buffalo."  I couldn't agree more. I hope he reaches his potential and becomes a franchise QB, because, out of the five QBs taken in the first round, Allen has everything I have always wanted in a QB for our team. Here's hoping for a bright future. 

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Josh Allen has a much nicer face.

cut.thumb.jpg.a09902453022dd87484e54c79ffbd349.jpgjosh_allen_billsqbjpg.thumb.jpeg.c066d05ccbfb57401e94afc0618d36b8.jpeg

Blockhead  ..................................................................................................  Calendar pin up 

9 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

WHO TF VOTED FOR DARNOLD

Yup,  I wish it was a public poll so we could see who those (currently) 16 are 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

I'd draft Darnold. 

Not much has changed over these 12 weeks and Darnold still looks like the better pocket passer. He has a better comp %, TD %, and more yards.

Did me and @Jimmy Spagnola just become best friends ?!

Games started 7,  1223 passing yds, 5   TD,  7 INT and 50.4 QBR
Games started 9,  1934 passing yds, 11 TD, 14  INT and 31.4 QBR    First career pass - a pick 6.  

and I give Josh  the mulligan on the Hail Mary INT.    5 TD,  6 INT

9 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

Im sorry you feel insulted, but im insulted my time was wasted by clicking on the topic to find something of interest... only to find this. It is what it is and like it or love it, now you know!

Hilarious...  You are insulted that you had to waste your time clicking on a thread titled " Allen or Darnold: Who Would You Rather Have?" to see what it was about, if it was worth your time, or if it was of interest to you?  What were you expecting the thread to be about, the meaning of life?  In the immortal words of Mr Rodgers, RELAX!  We are neighbors here, eh?

57 minutes ago, cwater10 said:

Hilarious...  You are insulted that you had to waste your time clicking on a thread titled " Allen or Darnold: Who Would You Rather Have?" to see what it was about, if it was worth your time, or if it was of interest to you?  What were you expecting the thread to be about, the meaning of life?  In the immortal words of Mr Rodgers, RELAX!  We are neighbors here, eh?

I understand your point, but i honestly thought this was the initial post from 2 weeks ago that contained some excellent back and forth and quality points. Part of it wont be understood to those who are new. Some former BBMB posters bring quality and insightful information and conversation. I wont even go as far to say that site closing ruined this one bc thats not fair and doesnt have to be the case. By and large however,  the influx of folks changed this board.

Simple concepts like scanning for existing topics to continue conversations went out the window. Right or wrong, theres no denying nowadays someone decides to create a topic for something they deem original (when its not) OR think their slightly altered view deserves its own thread bc its important enough and starts one. 

Now, mind you this isnt a rant i just decided needed to be shared. I was fine engaging in good conversation and throwing some snark at the silly stuff. Someone called me out for being a smarty pants and inquired why - so i shared. It is what it is. It wont be popluar and i get that. Im also not ashamed to be real and explain it. 

If you still dont get it, look no further than the recent 'can we start Barkley against the Jets' thread for the proof in the pudding.

Edited by gobills1212
  • Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

I understand your point, but i honestly thought this was the initial post from 2 weeks ago that contained some excellent back and forth and quality points. Part of it wont be understood to those who are new. Some former BBMB posters bring quality and insightful information and conversation. I wont even go as far to say that site closing ruined this one bc thats not fair and doesnt have to be the case. By and large however,  the influx of folks changed this board.

Simple concepts like scanning for existing topics to continue conversations went out the window. Right or wrong, theres no denying nowadays someone decides to create a topic for something they deem original (when its not) OR think their slightly altered view deserves its own thread bc its important enough and starts one. 

Now, mind you this isnt a rant i just decided needed to be shared. I was fine engaging in good conversation and throwing some snark at the silly stuff. Someone called me out for being a smarty pants and inquired why - so i shared. It is what it is. It wont be popluar and i get that. Im also not ashamed to be real and explain it. 

If you still dont get it, look no further than the recent 'can we start Barkley against the Jets' thread for the proof in the pudding.

It isn't all the BBMB's fault.   A  point of fact, the mods stressed using the Search feature there.  Dups were closed regularly. 

Some guys there would create dup threads because 100 pages was "too much" to read through.  How disjointed was that?  100 pages or 5 threads of 20 pages?

There are those that will purposefully change a word or two to make it appear as if it is a change in context to argue why it's "not the same".

And there are some petty enough as to refuse to post in threads so they create their own instead of  joining in the conversation.  

Also some of the former BBMBers are also former TBD members. 

• Like (+1) 1